PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young wants to start, dreams UT over USC glory

PSU_dropout43
06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/football/ncaa/specials/bowls/2005/01/04/rose.bowl/tx_graphic300_si.jpg

Titans' Young hints at moving on if he doesn't start

Vince Young(notes) wants to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. If he can't start for the Tennessee Titans, then he wants to get a chance someplace else, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Kerry Collins(notes) won the starting job last season and led the Titans to the playoffs. Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher said Young will "have to win his job back.''

"I definitely want to get back out there playing ball and picking up where I left off, winning games and having a good time with my teammates and with the fans," Young said. "At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself. Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball. If they're not ready for me to play ball, then somebody is."

In three games and one start last season, Young threw one touchdown with two interceptions as Collins led the Titans to the AFC South division title. For his career, the former University of Texas star has completed 57.3 percent of his throws for 4,964 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 32 interceptions for a 68.8 quarterback rating.

Starlifter
06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I suspect 'them guys' would prefer he throw more touchdowns than interceptions. that may be the reason he's not the starter.....

SteelCzar76
06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Note to Vince,....and any other guys that consider themselves QB's whom are poor passers, have poor work ethic, are not film Junkies and rely too heavily on athletic talent to attempt to perform at perhaps the most cerebral position on the field. It's your fault that you do not receive affirmations of greatness from anyone.

Play the position the way it was meant to be played,..and you will receive all honor that you deserve. It's just that simple gentlemen.

proudpittsburgher
06-03-2009, 09:41 AM
"At the same time, if them guys don't want me to be in there, it's time for me to make a career change for myself.

Uh, Vince. "Them guys" sound like they already made their decision, and for now, it's the right one, because, sir, you are a quarterback who can't seem to throw the ball effectively. So maybe, just maybe, you should stop talking about walkin, and well, walk.

feltdizz
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
besides saying "them guys" LOL.. what is the problem? VY wants to start. Who doesn't want to start in the NFL?

Dude said a little too much but it happens all the time in the NFL.. no big deal IMO.

and Titans lost Haynesworth and were exposed as a run only team.. they will suck regardless..