PDA

View Full Version : Benedict Cowhered

SteelCrazy
05-29-2009, 12:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post ... nhl,166786 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Cowher-underfire-for-supporting-Hurricanes-again?urn=nhl,166786)

How soon they forget.

According to nologoneeded.com, Super Bowl winning coach Bill Cowher has angered many in Pittsburgh by showing his support of the Carolina Hurricanes against the Pittsburgh Penguins earlier this week.

According to the report, Cowher went against the advice of his wife and daughters and "cranked the alarm" in Carolina before the game four. Cowher has become a fan of the Hurricanes since retiring to North Carolina. Steelers fans are not happy.

According to the report, in Pittsburgh's Strip District, "Benedict Cowhered" T-shirts are selling like hotcakes. In a KDKA video, the reporter places objectivity aside and rips Cowher calling him a "big shot" and shows a video of him getting makeup applied before the CBS pregame show.

Of course, the topper in the video is an interview with a woman who calls Cowher "a traitor to our city" and that she "never did like him."

Oviedo
05-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Bill Cowher is the biggest fan of Bill Cowher.

He will support anyone or anything that gets his mug on TV and markets Bill Cowher Inc.

If he had moved to Detroit he would be at the Red Wings games wearing their jersey as long as he got an interview or ESPN highlight clip out of it.

costanza2k1
05-29-2009, 01:58 PM
http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/20/2009/05/26/320x240/BENEDICTCOWHER.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2009, 02:02 PM
The Canes are history. The Wings are the here and now.

I would prefer a Benedict Hossa shirt at this point.

flippy
05-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Do the tee's have him with the goofy look on his face?

Jigawatts
05-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Do the tee's have him with the goofy look on his face?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/456/cowher.jpg

Uncle Rico
05-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Tomlin > Cowher

RussBII
05-29-2009, 02:30 PM
This doesn't really matter to me all that much. I mean, who cares who Bill Cowher roots for now? He's not our coach anymore. Furthermore, he went to NCSU, and really seems to love Raleigh. The Canes are all Raleigh has for pro sports. There are a ton of northern transplants down here who have switched allegiances to the Canes.

I even root for the Canes, unless they are playing Pittsburgh, of course.

Djfan
05-29-2009, 02:45 PM
My dad uses a cane. Does Cowher like him?

flippy
05-29-2009, 02:46 PM
There are a ton of northern transplants down here who have switched allegiances to the Canes.

And they're just as bad as Cowher.

And most of them only became fans after they won the cup. Prior to that no one cared about the Canes.

papillon
05-29-2009, 02:56 PM
This doesn't really matter to me all that much. I mean, who cares who Bill Cowher roots for now? He's not our coach anymore. Furthermore, he went to NCSU, and really seems to love Raleigh. The Canes are all Raleigh has for pro sports. There are a ton of northern transplants down here who have switched allegiances to the Canes.

And, this is exactly the point that everyone is making.

Pappy

RussBII
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM
There are a ton of northern transplants down here who have switched allegiances to the Canes.

And most of them only became fans after they won the cup. Prior to that no one cared about the Canes.

I thought the same thing at first, but folks wanna root with their kids... ya know? Besides, how many die hard hockey fans are there really in this area? Do you think Cowher was/is a huge die hard hockey fan?

RussBII
05-29-2009, 03:46 PM

And, this is exactly the point that everyone is making.

Pappy

Well, I'm awesome, zurr. I just don't think its that big of a deal. It's our ex-coach. Football is a business, if/when he becomes a coach somewhere else, do you think he'll want to lose to the Steelers because that's where his allegiances are supposed to be according to us? No. So why shouldn't he switch hockey teams if he wants to? Ya know? Let him, I'm just sick of seeing his mug all over the place down here.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM

I thought the same thing at first, but folks wanna root with their kids... ya know? Besides, how many die hard hockey fans are there really in this area? Do you think Cowher was/is a huge die hard hockey fan?

Yeah, but his kids (and his wife) told him that he shouldn't sound the siren against the Penguins...and he did it anyway. He brought some of his "losing in a conference championship game" mojo with him, too.

Oviedo
05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I thought the same thing at first, but folks wanna root with their kids... ya know?

Then they should be better parents and make sure that their kids only root for Pittsburgh sports teams based upon the concept geneological primacy.

If a parent can't instill in their child a sense of the family's sports heritage then the child should be removed from the household and placed in the care of the state until proper parents can be found. State officials could take the children to any of the thousands of Steelers' Bars in the world and find better parents to take the children rather than the failures/losers that the children had before.

My children never lived in the Pittsburgh area but we annual make a family pilgrimmage much like Muslim's to Mecca and we have properly raised our children to understand that all things related to Pittsburgh sports are a mandated principle within our family. My children do not wear any other team's colors in our home or our precense. The lack of a common heritage passed from parents to children is why the social fabric in our country is fraying.

The children are the future and if you let them stray from support of Pittsburgh sports by your lack of parental skills or a moral compass then shame on you. If this applies to you time to man up and set your house in order.

RussBII
05-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I thought the same thing at first, but folks wanna root with their kids... ya know?

Then they should be better parents and make sure that their kids only root for Pittsburgh sports teams based upon the concept geneological primacy.

If a parent can't instill in their child a sense of the family's sports heritage then the child should be removed from the household and placed in the care of the state until proper parents can be found. State officials could take the children to any of the thousands of Steelers' Bars in the world and find better parents to take the children rather than the failures/losers that the children had before.

My children never lived in the Pittsburgh area but we annual make a family pilgrimmage much like Muslim's to Mecca and we have properly raised our children to understand that all things related to Pittsburgh sports are a mandated principle within our family. My children do not wear any other team's colors in our home or our precense. The lack of a common heritage passed from parents to children is why the social fabric in our country is fraying.

The children are the future and if you let them stray from support of Pittsburgh sports by your lack of parental skills or a moral compass then shame on you. If this applies to you time to man up and set your house in order.

Wow. Well said. I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just saying i don't really care who Bill Cowher roots for. This is easily the most front running/bandwagon area I've ever seen. That being said, the Canes actually get some great support, and I think it's good for Raleigh.

stlrz d
05-29-2009, 07:14 PM
RussBII - I think people are making a big deal out of it because Cowher is "just a little old boy from Crafton" and he is shirking what should be his home town allegiance for the publicity.

I don't think the fact that he was once Steelers coach factors into it.

flippy
05-29-2009, 08:41 PM

I saw a guy in old Hartford Whalers jersey at game 3, so I'm guessing he's the 1 real canes die hard. Last year everyone became a fan.

Cowher's on the bandwagon like everyone else.

I like going to games just cause hockey's fun to watch live. But when the Pens are in town, it's so much more fun to watch.

steelcityrules!!
05-29-2009, 10:28 PM

thats not only awesome, it's hilarious.
the bucking up by some needs to happen.
:tt1

BradshawsHairdresser
05-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Cowher is no longer on the Steelers' payroll. He no longer lives in Pittsburgh.
If he wants to cheer for the 'Canes, and blow horns at their games, so what? To me, it's a non-issue.

One of these days, he's going to sign on as coach of another NFL team. What will some of you do then? Stone him? I'll just consider him to be another enemy coach.

I will always cheer for teams from the 'Burgh. But if Slobberchin doesn't want to, that's his prerogative. He was overrated during his tenure here (which I tried to point out while he was with the Steelers), as Mike Tomlin has aptly proven in a mere two years at the helm.

b

feelthesteel
05-30-2009, 05:15 PM
nice new choppers

BURGH86STEEL
05-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Cowher is no longer on the Steelers' payroll. He no longer lives in Pittsburgh.
If he wants to cheer for the 'Canes, and blow horns at their games, so what? To me, it's a non-issue.

One of these days, he's going to sign on as coach of another NFL team. What will some of you do then? Stone him? I'll just consider him to be another enemy coach.

I will always cheer for teams from the 'Burgh. But if Slobberchin doesn't want to, that's his prerogative. He was overrated during his tenure here (which I tried to point out while he was with the Steelers), as Mike Tomlin has aptly proven in a mere two years at the helm.

b

I agree that what Cowher does now is a non issues. I do not think you can call Cowher an overrated coach after what he helped the Steelers accomplish. He was a very good coach that helped the Steelers win a lot of games. This is not a knock on Tomlin but he inherited a very good team that Cowher helped to build and develop. The true test will be if Tomlin can sustain a high level of success for years to come. Will he be up to the challenge? Only time will tell.

Uncle Rico
06-03-2009, 08:31 AM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z278/notasociopath/l3840003.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z278/notasociopath/0527cowherside-a.jpg