PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you wish for

stlrz d
05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2 ... again.html (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-578/Hood-wants-Pittsburgh-again.html)

Hood wants Pittsburgh again

May 29, 2009 11:20 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

BEREA, Ohio -- New Cleveland Browns free-agent signing Roderick Hood knows the Pittsburgh Steelers all too well. In fact, the veteran cornerback played his new division rival more recently than his Browns teammates.

Last season, Hood was a member of the Arizona Cardinals, who were runners-up to the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII. He was on the field during Pittsburgh's game-winning drive, capped by Santonio Holmes' memorable catch in the back of the end zone.

After signing a one-year deal with Cleveland this week, Hood said he relishes the two opportunities this season to make up for that last-minute defeat to the Steelers.

"Definitely," Hood said. "That was definitely a tough loss that we had, but at the same time the Steelers are always going to be competitive. We're in a pretty good division. So we get a chance to go against the Steelers, and playing against them you find out where your team is. I look forward to it."

Hood, who started 14 games for Arizona last season, was quick to point out that he wasn't in the vicinity of Holmes during Pittsburgh's game-winning play. Hood says he was on the other side of the end zone during the touchdown catch.

The seventh-year cornerback was released by the Cardinals this offseason after the team signed former Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden in free agency.

papillon
05-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Yea, he was beat on the play before :lol: and this to Wood :Blah . Holmes simply dropped the perfect pass thrown by Ben to the other side that would have won the game (well, gave the Steelers the lead).

Pappy

flippy
05-29-2009, 02:06 PM
I want SuperBowl #7.

RussBII
05-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Hehehe. You know, you only ever hear of NEW Browns saying they "relishes the two opportunities this season to make up for that last-minute defeat to the Steelers." Browns Veterans know what happens, and how much it hurts...

proudpittsburgher
05-29-2009, 05:25 PM
So we get a chance to go against the Steelers, and playing against them you find out where your team is
Do they really need to wait that long? I mean, hell, they are Cleveland. I think the verdict is already out, yes?

Steel Life
05-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah...possibly beating the Steelers during the season will definitely make up for that Super Bowl loss :roll: