PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Steeler Record

fezziwig
05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I see the Steelers going 12-4 or 11-5 this season. Schedule isn't as tough as last year but, everyone is going to throw their best effort at the defending world champions.

The first season game against the Titans will be a blood bath and I hate to say it, we will probably lose someone to an injury that, will take some time to recover from.

Should the Steeler happen to lose against the Titans, do you think it will cast a dark cloud over the season ? I know it is not how you start the season but, how you finish the season. There just isn't good odds of losing your first game and then making it to the Super Bowl.

The Titans already have a chip on their shoulder about feeling they were the better team and should have gone to the Super Bowl. You know they're on a mission to prove they are better than the Steelers.

I hope the Titans run their mouths before the gameand give our players some smack down attitude.

Personally, I see us winning our first game and beating the Titans. The rest was just food for thought .

BURGH86STEEL
05-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I see the Steelers going 12-4 or 11-5 this season. Schedule isn't as tough as last year but, everyone is going to throw their best effort at the defending world champions.

The first season game against the Titans will be a blood bath and I hate to say it, we will probably lose someone to an injury that, will take some time to recover from.

Should the Steeler happen to lose against the Titans, do you think it will cast a dark cloud over the season ? I know it is not how you start the season but, how you finish the season. There just isn't good odds of losing your first game and then making it to the Super Bowl.

The Titans already have a chip on their shoulder about feeling they were the better team and should have gone to the Super Bowl. You know they're on a mission to prove they are better than the Steelers.

I hope the Titans run their mouths before the gameand give our players some smack down attitude.

Personally, I see us winning our first game and beating the Titans. The rest was just food for thought .

I do not think a loss to the Titans will cast a dark cloud over the season. I remember back in 94 when the Steelers came out and the Cowboys did a number on them. They bounced back just fine to made the AFCCG. They were one play away from making it to the SB. The first game means very little in my mind. There are times teams come out and look like world beaters only to have a losing season.

I don't buy the whole chip on their shoulder and all those types of sayings. Teams can have a chip on their shoulder or whatever and stink. Just as I don't buy into anything the Steelers come up with for motivation. That type of stuff does not take teams very far. Especially, once the games are being played. Preparation and execution will determines who wins that game. Talk and motivation is kind of cheap.

Ozey74
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Personally, I think the Titans overachieved last year. I think the AFC South is up for grabs this year.

As for the Steelers, I don't think they will win less than 12

pfelix73
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
12 sounds just about right......
:tt1

BATMAN
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
To tell you the truth, I don't see the Titans doing any better than being a wild card at best and I'm not sure the Ravens will make the playoffs at all.

I think the Steelers are the new kids on the block and no one is going to knock the stick of their shoulder.

Only thing that could beat the Steelers are injuries and for nest season, the departure of key players due to FA.

Jooser
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm going out on the proverbial limb here and and I'm going to pick the old lucky 13, as in 13-3. That first game against the Titstains is going to be a big, emotional type battle, but I'm not sweating it. I think with the return of Mendenhall, our running game's going to get on track. (and there's that TT curse thing that's going to get settled too). I won't predict the losses, but I will say this: I think we drop 2 unexpected games to teams we shouldn't lose to, i.e. we always seem to lay an egg when we travel to the AFC West teams. Also, I think we may lose to Miami, because we've aready sewn up home field and we're resting our starters. :wink:

pittpete
05-27-2009, 09:21 AM
13-3

vs. Titans 8:30 p.m. (NBC) WIN
@ Bears 4:15 p.m. (CBS) LOSS
@ Bengals 4:15 p.m. (CBS) WIN
vs. Chargers 8:20 p.m. (NBC) WIN
@ Lions 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
vs. Browns 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
vs. Vikings 1 p.m. (FOX) WIN
BYE
@ Broncos 8:30 p.m. (ESPN) WIN
vs. Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
@ Chiefs * 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
@ Ravens * 8:20 p.m. (NBC) LOSS
vs. Raiders * 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
@ Browns 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network) WIN
vs. Packers * 1 p.m. (FOX) WIN
vs. Ravens * 1 p.m. (CBS) WIN
@ Dolphins * 1 p.m. (CBS) LOSS

SteelCzar76
05-27-2009, 09:25 AM
As i've said before,...the whole strength of schedule (or lack thereof) bit is nonsense. (as the league is too fluid for it to actually be very substantial)

So, since we haven't regressed at all during the offseason though we certainly haven't improved. I'm gonna go on record with 12-4 at best,....9-7 at worst.

I say this because we went 12-4 last season with the defense playing at a very exceptional level. Will they fail to play well this year ? No,...but they may not be able to bail us out as often in 2009.

And if one takes that into account along with the facts that one has to give Ben his two games a season to throw away via picks and the unlikelyhood that we will win every single division game,........9-7 is indeed possible.

But even with that said, i'm thinking we can and will pull 12-4 off, especially if given a healthy Willie Parker playing in a contract season can provide the impact and balance that he is capable of for the offense.

Snatch98
05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
As i've said before,...the whole strength of schedule (or lack thereof) bit is nonsense. (as the league is too fluid for it to actually be very substantial)

So, since we haven't regressed at all during the offseason though we certainly haven't improved. I'm gonna go on record with 12-4 at best,....9-7 at worst.

I say this because we went 12-4 last season with the defense playing at a very exceptional level. Will they fail to play well this year ? No,...but they may not be able to bail us out as often in 2009.

And if one takes that into account along with the facts that one has to give Ben his two games a season to throw away via picks and the unlikelyhood that we will win every single division game,........9-7 is indeed possible.

But even with that said, i'm thinking we can and will pull 12-4 off, especially if given a healthy Willie Parker playing in a contract season can provide the impact and balance that he is capable of for the offense.

You don't think we've improved? See I think we've improved and that will hold especially true if Mendenhall contributes like he should and Sweed begins to flourish. The offensive line will also be more seasoned as a unit. Our return game almost HAS to be better and with Sepulveda back our Punt game is better. You then toss in the expansion of Lawrence Timmons and his role and the continued emergence of other players and we're sitting pretty as far as I'm concerned. I definitely think we're better but I guess we'll find out. Love the new avatar by the way.

Oviedo
05-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Steelers: 11-5
Bumgals: 9-7
Ravens: 8-8
Stains: 6-10

BDESteel
05-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Undefeated and a 7th SB title. :tt2

SteelCzar76
05-28-2009, 02:25 PM
You don't think we've improved? See I think we've improved and that will hold especially true if Mendenhall contributes like he should and Sweed begins to flourish. The offensive line will also be more seasoned as a unit. Our return game almost HAS to be better and with Sepulveda back our Punt game is better. You then toss in the expansion of Lawrence Timmons and his role and the continued emergence of other players and we're sitting pretty as far as I'm concerned. I definitely think we're better but I guess we'll find out. Love the new avatar by the way.

I say that i don't think we've necessarily improved because, i do not feel that we have added any new players that will have any immediate impact one way or the other.

But,..I agree with you in terms of the O-line probably being a great deal more consistent, but you know how Ben gets down,...he's a very dynamic football player,...but his style of play could make nearly any O-line look bad at times.

As far as Sweed and Mendenhall,. i also agree that if they were to "show up" this season it would go a long way towards improving the offense via balance. But as of now,...i have to consider them unknown factors.

But again,...as i said,... i think that barring injury,..we've still got a unit that can get 12-4 done. And thanks for the pub regarding the the Av,...i thought it appropriate to represent in light of some of the recent "witch hunt" line of thinking going on around here concerning what i consider one of the finest animals in the world. :Cheers

True Fan
05-28-2009, 03:19 PM
seeing that the steelers draft the greatest, pick up the greatest FA values, have the best coach, are the greatest franchise in the nfl, have an easy schedule and were the best team last year. (and are proclaimed to be even better this year due to experience, mendy, sweed yadda yadda). how can anyone, that isn't retarded, predict more than 4 losses?