PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben has Cancer?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
05-21-2009, 10:13 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09141/971734-66.stm

Scared me to at first, apparently a big hoax.

RuthlessBurgher
05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
I never understood the whole MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter fads. What type of jollies do these fools get from pretending to be someone else and posting lies?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
05-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Probably just a Browns fan wishing. Didn't they pass on Ben to draft Winslow? Morons!

stlrz d
05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
I never understood the whole MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter fads. What type of jollies do these fools get from pretending to be someone else and posting lies?

I don't get it either. Never been part of it and I never will.

RussBII
05-21-2009, 12:16 PM

Its a good way to stay in touch with folks, but other than that its a tremendous waste of time.

This is the 2nd time Ben has been impersonated eh? So odd.

phillyesq
05-21-2009, 01:13 PM

Its a good way to stay in touch with folks, but other than that its a tremendous waste of time.

I use facebook just for networking. Its an easy way to stay in touch with people that I wouldn't necessarily take the time or effort to keep in touch with otherwise, but with whom it makes sense to stay in touch on a professional level.

stlrz d
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM

I use facebook just for networking. Its an easy way to stay in touch with people that I wouldn't necessarily take the time or effort to keep in touch with otherwise, but with whom it makes sense to stay in touch on a professional level.

Isn't that what Linked-in is supposed to be for?

For me personally, if I want to stay in touch with someone I will. Email, telephone, up close and personal like...but there's no need for a web page so people I hated (and/or who hated me) 25 years ago can show up on the web and play all nice.

RuthlessBurgher
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]I never understood the whole MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter fads. What type of jollies do these fools get from pretending to be someone else and posting lies?

For me personally, if I want to stay in touch with someone I will. Email, telephone, up close and personal like...but there's no need for a web page so people I hated (and/or who hated me) 25 years ago can show up on the web and play all nice.[/quote:38nx1nk9]

So instead of going to a website that is full of people of who hated you 25 years ago, you come to this website that is full of people who hate you right now? :P :moon :lol:

steelblood
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
So, you decided to scare us too? :lol:

costanza2k1
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM

I love facebook...it's let's me stay in touch with all of my friends and family around the world. Pretty cool tool. Some people probably get carried away with their twitter type updates but that's fine by me, I can just ignore them. Props to the people who invented it.

Djfan
05-21-2009, 04:31 PM
I use FB for minor things, and myspace just plain sucks. I ignore my myspace anymore.

AngryAsian
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM

I love facebook...it's let's me stay in touch with all of my friends and family around the world. Pretty cool tool. Some people probably get carried away with their twitter type updates but that's fine by me, I can just ignore them. Props to the people who invented it.

About 6 months ago, my wife set up a page for me on Facebook so that she can update my relatives with pics and postings of our daughter.... since then people from my past have been coming out of the woodwork. I think its a great tool for linking up with family and friends without having to individually calling and updating each individual. I get on my FB account once a day because there's a game on there that my daughter loves to play.... other than that, I leave it to the Mrs. to update my family with postings and pics. As for twitter and myspace... never tried it... no interest in it.

phillyesq
05-21-2009, 05:31 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]I never understood the whole MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter fads. What type of jollies do these fools get from pretending to be someone else and posting lies?

For me personally, if I want to stay in touch with someone I will. Email, telephone, up close and personal like...but there's no need for a web page so people I hated (and/or who hated me) 25 years ago can show up on the web and play all nice.[/quote:2f7imjqr]

Yeah, I think that is what linked-in is for, but I've never used that, and don't know many that do. I don't really search for long lost friends or any of that.