PDA

View Full Version : Dumptruck Chases Alleged Car Thief In Carrick

JAR
05-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Dumptruck is now a local hero. :P

http://kdka.com/local/Najeh.Davenport.F ... 13507.html (http://kdka.com/local/Najeh.Davenport.Former.2.1013507.html)

A former Steeler player was involved in a chase this afternoon after a man allegedly stole his car in Carrick.

Witnesses tell KDKA that Najeh Davenport jumped into an SUV and chased the suspected thief -- who crashed into several cars parked along Amanda Street near Laughlin Avenue.

The suspect ran into a grocery store a few blocks away. Customers detained the man until police arrived.

Police arrived at the scene and took the 24-year-old suspect into custody.

The suspect, who is now facing charges including auto theft and reckless endangerment, is now being held in the Allegheny County Jail.

Last spring, a jury acquitted Davenport of domestic violence and related charges after the mother of his child accused him of punching and slapping her during a dispute in October of 2007 in Cleveland.

ramblinjim
05-19-2009, 09:58 PM
When I saw the topic, I had visions of dookie running down he street at a pace somewhat slower than when he used to run back kicks.

RuthlessBurgher
05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
The report just said "Customers detained the man until police arrived." It should have mentioned that Davenport threatened the man by stating that if he moved before the police arrived, he would treat him like a dorm room laundry hamper. :P

phillyesq
05-20-2009, 06:33 PM
The report just said "Customers detained the man until police arrived." It should have mentioned that Davenport threatened the man by stating that if he moved before the police arrived, he would treat him like a dorm room laundry hamper. :P

I'm disappointed that it took three posts for the first laundry basket reference.

I liked this take on it in the one liners from pft:

Former Steelers RB Najeh Davenport chased down a man who tried to steal his 1970 Impala, which Davenport left running outside his home. [Editor’s note: We assume he left it running because he really had to “go”.]

:lol: :lol: :lol: