PDA

View Full Version : very Proud Dad

fordfixer
05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
My 13 year old son competed in the Wyoming Special Olympics this past weekend. He competed in Basketball (silver medal), 50 meter dash (gold medal), Softball throw (gold medal), Running long jump (gold medal), and the 4x100 relay (silver medal). All and all a very good weekend. I'm very proud of him. :tt1 :Clap :Clap :Clap

Djfan
05-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Well done Sir! People who have special needs kids understand what success is like.

Big high-fives across the states to you and him!

RuthlessBurgher
05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Gold in the individual events and silver in the team events. :Bow :Clap Congrats.

My 7 year old has a piano recital tonight. No medals will be given out, but I'm pretty impressed that the little guy can play "Ode to Joy" while his old man is lucky to be able to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb."

stlrz d
05-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Congrats to your boy!

jj28west
05-19-2009, 11:56 AM
That is awesome ff!!! Post some pics with him wearing all those medals.

Jigawatts
05-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Congrats to Ford Fixer Jr. :Boobs

Jooser
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Great job! :tt1

rpmpit
05-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Awesome!!! Congrats to him and you!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

AngryAsian
05-21-2009, 03:12 AM
My brother, AWESOME FRIGGEN NEWS!!! Congrats to you and your son.
:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

papillon
05-22-2009, 04:15 PM
My 13 year old son competed in the Wyoming Special Olympics this past weekend. He competed in Basketball (silver medal), 50 meter dash (gold medal), Softball throw (gold medal), Running long jump (gold medal), and the 4x100 relay (silver medal). All and all a very good weekend. I'm very proud of him. :tt1 :Clap :Clap :Clap

:Bow :Bow to Fordfixer Jr. that is friggen awesome. I'm proud of our kids, but, they don't have the additional challenge of being special needs children. Allow me to drag out a special congratulations that was reserved only for those special moments on Steeler message boards: The very best to Fordfixer Jr. and his family!

Pappy

fordfixer
05-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks to all. I have passed on all of your congratulations and well wishes to my son.I'll work on trying to get some pic's, but he's kind of camera shy.Thanks again. Fordfixer

RuthlessBurgher
05-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks to all. I have passed on all of your congratulations and well wishes to my son.I'll work on trying to get some pic's, but he's kind of camera shy.Thanks again. Fordfixer

With this group's Photoshopping skills, being camera shy is probably a good thing. :lol:

However, we are respectful and only photoshop famous athletes or folks on this board who consent to such a thing (unless you are the fan of a division rival and paint genitalia on your face...then all that goes out the window).

:brownssuck

fordfixer
05-23-2009, 05:37 PM

With this group's Photoshopping skills, being camera shy is probably a good thing. :lol:

However, we are respectful and only photoshop famous athletes or folks on this board who consent to such a thing (unless you are the fan of a division rival and paint genitalia on your face...then all that goes out the window).

Good thinking I'll forget about posting pic's, most would not photoshop him but some in this crowd I'm not too sure about :lol:

BTW how did your son do at his recital?

costanza2k1
05-24-2009, 03:09 PM
That's awesome! You and yours must be very proud! Thanks for sharing.

RuthlessBurgher
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM

Good thinking I'll forget about posting pic's, most would not photoshop him but some in this crowd I'm not too sure about :lol:

He did great...thanks for asking. He played 4 songs, which were the most for his age group (everyone else did 2 songs). He also played all four of them from memory, while most students were able to play one from memory and the other using their book.

Even my 4 year old daughter got to play at the recital, which was a surprise, since she is not officially taking lessons. She goes to all of Jake's lessons, and his teacher will take 5 or 10 minutes when Jake's weekly lesson is over to work a little bit with Riley, even though she is younger than he usually teaches. During the recital, right before Jake was scheduled to play in the program, he called Riley up to play one of her scales and "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and everybody at the recital thought it was really cute.

fordfixer
05-24-2009, 10:34 PM

He did great...thanks for asking. He played 4 songs, which were the most for his age group (everyone else did 2 songs). He also played all four of them from memory, while most students were able to play one from memory and the other using their book.

Even my 4 year old daughter got to play at the recital, which was a surprise, since she is not officially taking lessons. She goes to all of Jake's lessons, and his teacher will take 5 or 10 minutes when Jake's weekly lesson is over to work a little bit with Riley, even though she is younger than he usually teaches. During the recital, right before Jake was scheduled to play in the program, he called Riley up to play one of her scales and "Mary Had A Little Lamb" and everybody at the recital thought it was really cute.

You must be a proud Dad also. Good job to your kids. :tt1 :tt1

Djfan
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Cool story Ruth. Never could get my kids excited about music. Bummer because I love it. It has been a part of my family for a long time.

You will treasure these memories for a long time.

JTP53609
09-17-2009, 10:50 AM
outstanding....