PDA

View Full Version : "you know it's the offseason when..."

fordfixer
05-17-2009, 11:53 PM
O.k. taking a idea from a SN1 post tell your best "you know it's the offseason when..." joke

"you know it's the offseason when..."You search the web for any steelers news.

Havefun

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
05-18-2009, 12:00 AM
"You know its the offseason when to take an afternoon nap you go to your bedroom and turn on the Tivo to last seasons SB Victory and play it for the umpteenth time as you peacefully fall asleep.

costanza2k1
05-18-2009, 12:06 AM
"You know its the offseason when to take an afternoon nap you go to your bedroom and turn on the Tivo to last seasons SB Victory and play it for the umpteenth time as you peacefully fall asleep.

WTF? I do the same exact thing. I feel so much better now.

RussBII
05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Here's a few:

You still check this site every hour, but there are no new threads
You have discussions with your father like "Who on today's defense could've started in the 70s?"
You're watching the NHL and NBA playoffs.
You think, hrmm I'll give baseball another shot.

stlrz d
05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
You know it's the offseason when:

you start a thread about seeing someone in the crowd wearing a black Hines Ward jersey on The Price Is Right. :P

RussBII
05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
You know it's the offseason when:

you start a thread about seeing someone in the crowd wearing a black Hines Ward jersey on The Price Is Right. :P

And you then one up the OP w/ a video of a guy on The Price is Right...

And then that thread takes off...

papillon
05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
You know it's the offseason when you aren't planning how you're going to get Steeler updates while watching your kids play soccer or basketball.

You know it's the offseason when watching the Steelers vs Colts AFC playoff game for the umpteenth time and even knowing the result, the game makes your blood boil.

You know it's the offseason when Silverback disses the POTUS :P

You know it's the offseason when the posters on this board disappear for weeks at a time.

You know it's the offseason when I try to rationalize purchasing season tickets and PSLs from friends who want to sell them.

You know it's the offseason when the Pirates officially are a bad baseball team again and you promise to take your kids to watch them play when you're in town, because, tickets should be relatively ewasy to come by.

You know it's the offseason when you're waiting for the US Open to start during Father's Day week, followed by The Open and the PGA.

You know it's the offseason when you're wife is successful at getting you to do things around the house, because, you can't use the Steelers as an excuse.

That's it for now...

Pappy

Iron Shiek
05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
You know it's the offseason when the posters on this board disappear for weeks at a time.

Pappy

Guilty! I still lurk for the most part... :Beer

SteelerNation1
05-18-2009, 01:01 PM
You know its the offseason when your wife actually isn't mad at me...err you. I swear A LOT during the games. :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
You know its the offseason when your wife actually isn't mad at me...err you. I swear A LOT during the games. :oops:

And you swear a lot when watching a team that won 2 out of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Imagine the colorful language that wives of Lions fans were subjected to last season.

stlrz d
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM

And you swear a lot when watching a team that won 2 out of the last 4 Super Bowls.

Imagine the colorful language that wives of Lions fans were subjected to last season.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/samuelljackson.jpg

Steelgal
05-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Well...seeing as how I'm the wife, I do it too. My kids have learned to 'overlook mom's mouth' when the Steelers are on :Cheers

SteelerNation1
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM

Well...seeing as how I'm the wife, I do it too. My kids have learned to 'overlook mom's mouth' when the Steelers are on :Cheers
With a 2 year old and newborn twins, things could get interesting for 2009 season in my house. Hey, at least I only have to watch my mouth for away games. :lol:

Ozey74
05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
You know it's the offseason when Sundays aren't any fun.

NC Steeler Fan
05-19-2009, 11:18 AM

With a 2 year old and newborn twins, things could get interesting for 2009 season in my house. Hey, at least I only have to watch my mouth for away games. :lol:

I don't have kids, but I still have to watch it around my husband on game day. I can burn the ear hairs out of a sailor and he aint' real thrilled with that little talent either. :lol:

Case in point, during the Steelers/colts playoff game, I was banished to the front porch to cool off after Troy's INT was overturned and the colts scored on that drive...oh yeah, that helped a LOT! :lol:

stlrz d
05-19-2009, 11:49 AM

I don't have kids, but I still have to watch it around my husband on game day. I can burn the ear hairs out of a sailor and he aint' real thrilled with that little talent either. :lol:

Case in point, during the Steelers/colts playoff game, I was banished to the front porch to cool off after Troy's INT was overturned and the colts scored on that drive...oh yeah, that helped a LOT! :lol:

He should be happy about that...trimming ear hair is a pain in the ass.

You've gotta be vigilant!!! :D

(There is at least one poster on this forum whom I expect to recognize that "vigilant" reference) :P

RKSteel
05-19-2009, 12:27 PM
You know it's the offseason when the Pirates officially are a bad baseball team again and you promise to take your kids to watch them play when you're in town, because, tickets should be relatively ewasy to come by.

Not to go to OT, I was in Pittsburgh for business 2wks ago and caught a Pirates game. Got tix that night, field level, 3rd base line behind the dugout. $27/tix, great seats and a really nice ball park.

RuthlessBurgher
05-19-2009, 12:38 PM

Not to go to OT, I was in Pittsburgh for business 2wks ago and caught a Pirates game. Got tix that night, field level, 3rd base line behind the dugout. $27/tix, great seats and a really nice ball park.

I'm not a baseball fan, but I do want to see a game in that ballpark, because everyone seems to agree with how great of a place it is to watch a game. However, the Pirates are always away whenever the Steelers are home, and I am only in Pittsburgh for Steeler games. I understand not wanting to have both games on the same day because of the traffic problems that would bring to the North Side, but couldn't they have a Pirate game on a Saturday night followed by a Steeler game on Sunday afternoon? Would that be too much to ask? We get Saturday Penguins and Sunday Steeler double dips all the time, but never Saturday Pirates and Sunday Steelers.

MeetJoeGreene
05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
You know its offseason when someone decides to start a new round of photoshop contests--- somebody? anybody?

fordfixer
05-19-2009, 11:00 PM
You know its offseason when someone decides to start a new round of photoshop contests--- somebody? anybody?

Hint hint :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
05-19-2009, 11:29 PM

I kinda sorta did one in the "Steelers overseas" thread. :oops: