PDA

View Full Version : Best Tomlin Quotes?

steelz09
05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
My personal favorite was this comment during a press conference following the Super Bowl....

:tt1

Reporter: Have you been around long enough to recognize the Steelers Fans?

Mike Tomlin: You know.. When youíre in other organizations and I've been in other organizations in this league you recognize that itís different and you respect it. But until youíre a part of it you have no idea the depths of it. It's generational. It's passed down from father to son. It's unbelievable. I don't know if I can use words to eloquently describe the relationship that this organization has with Steeler Nation. I know that the more I get to understand it, the more Steeler Nation drives me. I want to give them something to be excited about. I want to perform for them. I want to win for them because they are that special.

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2009, 10:36 AM
I was always partial to:

"When I walk into the Steelers offices, I pass by five Vince Lombardi trophies, not five rushing title trophies."

I like it even better now that it is outdated, after leading us to our sixth Lombardi trophy.

stlrz d
05-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Tomlin on the 2009 season:

"I prefer to use the word driven," Tomlin said. "I view hunger as something that can be satisfied, whereas driven is not. Driven is an irresistible and sometimes irrational urge to do an act, which is pursue greatness, which is what we're trying to do."

Djfan
05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
My favorite is:

"Yes, I'll take the job as Steelers head coach."

flippy
05-16-2009, 12:25 PM
WoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!

grotonsteel
05-16-2009, 12:30 PM
When I walk into the Steelers offices, I pass by five Vince Lombardi trophies, not five rushing title trophies.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Eddie Spaghetti
05-16-2009, 03:48 PM
the standard of expectation does not change. the 11 on the grass are the pittsburgh steelers.

also liked the thoughtfully non-rhythmic comment about his offense.

Ozey74
05-16-2009, 08:44 PM
"I'm not worried about impressing my players, my players should be concerned about impressing me."

Tomlin, season #1

:tt2

costanza2k1
05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
NFL Network Post SB Interview...not an exact quote, buy you get the idea...when Deon asked him what he thought about people not making a big deal of his skin color and rather his age...he replied he liked that thought, because through the years I'll get older but I'll always be black.

LOL