PDA

View Full Version : This site is different in a good way

jj28west
05-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Thought that the site was gone for good becuase I kept on getting a broken link error. Anyways I started to lurk around and found a site called steelers fever forum. I introduced myself as being a newbie and opened a thread that innocently asked "as smart as Coach Tomlin is what does he see in B.A."

At the same time I made it clear that I was only a fan (to shield my self from "what type of coaching experience do you have on your resume" comments) and made a few points why I thought this was the case. I also stated that I am the type that is never content and although proud of the last SB win, I really wanted to separate ourselves by winning more.
I truly wanted to be enlightened and maybe get some perspective that its more personnel related or whatever. I come back less than 16 hours later and the f'n thread is @ 10 pages with over a thousand views. I got killed and was accused of being juvenille, a typical amateur fan that is a whiner, etc.

Apparently I caused a hornets nest of BA bashers and defenders that argued until the mods locked the thread.

Geeeeezzzz, its the offseason and a slight bit of a lull after the draft so what harm could a little discussion about our OC do. (I did not even see Detroit asking him for an interview)

At least here you are generally get respectful criticism and disagreement as long as you can back it up with solid points and not just say "so-n-so sucks because he threw and inteception or fumbled, etc." I really got the vibe that there were actual levels of what type of authoritative steeler fan you were. Talk about things going to your head.

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome back you juvenille, amateur, whiny fan. You are lucky I don't lock this thread! :wink:

Mel Blount's G
05-14-2009, 09:00 PM
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT MR. ARIANS???!!! :Hater

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2009, 09:08 PM
I pity the foo' who doesn't like B.A.

http://kampuskings.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/babaracus.jpg

anger 82&95
05-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Isn’t “different in a good way” a bit pejorative? Almost like the description given to the fat kid who eats the paste and scissors in the back of class.

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Isn’t “different in a good way” a bit pejorative? Almost like the description given to the fat kid who eats the paste and scissors in the back of class.

It's a "I like you...as a friend" type of compliment. :lol:

stlrz d
05-14-2009, 09:48 PM

Well look at you all fancy.

flippy
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
how do you know Tomlin's smart and doesn't just talk a good game?

Djfan
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":5s4ku6g4]Isn’t “different in a good way” a bit pejorative? Almost like the description given to the fat kid who eats the paste and scissors in the back of class.

Well look at you all fancy.[/quote:5s4ku6g4]

Many of us around here had our pejorative removed. :stirpot

Mel Blount's G
05-14-2009, 11:49 PM
how do you know Tomlin's smart and doesn't just talk a good game?
His wife is hot I've noticed so he must have something to back up all that "talk"

MeetJoeGreene
05-15-2009, 07:53 AM

It's a "I like you...as a friend" type of compliment. :lol:

But this site does have a nice personality...

flippy
05-15-2009, 08:39 AM

maybe different is a euphemism for gay.

although it's now ok to be gay, so there's no need for a euphemism for it anymore.

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2009, 09:08 AM

maybe different is a euphemism for gay.

although it's now ok to be gay, so there's no need for a euphemism for it anymore.

So now we're gay in a good way?

Yeah, that makes me feel better. :P

D Rock
05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
I just chuckled a bit reading through this crap

anger 82&95
05-15-2009, 10:21 AM
It all starts with having a Gay for a cornerback and then its all downhill from there.

SteelerNation1
05-15-2009, 10:32 AM
This thread is a leading candidate for the "you know it's the offseason when..." award!