PDA

View Full Version : Finnegan: Last Year's Terrible Towel Stomp Was Unacceptable

stlrz d
05-13-2009, 11:28 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/12/finn ... cceptable/ (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/12/finnegan-towel-stomp-was-unacceptable/)

Finnegan: Last Year's Terrible Towel Stomp Was Unacceptable

Posted May 12, 2009 8:49PM By JJ Cooper

Keith Bulluck has long been one of the leaders of the Titans defense, but he was just called out by teammate Cortland Finnegan.

In a chat on NFL.com, Finnegan was asked if we will see more Terrible Towel stomps this season--something Lendale White and Bulluck did after the Titans' regular season win over the Steelers last year. Finnegan made it clear that not only does he not expect to see it again, but he's pretty upset that any Titan would do it.

No, absolutely not. Certain individuals may do that, but that's not what this team is all about. That's not what this coach is about, that's not what our team is about. You do it in between the lines ... the rest of it is unacceptable.

Finnegan isn't really treading on particularly dangerous ground here. His coach, Jeff Fisher, had called the stomp unnecessary, but by calling it unacceptable and saying its not what the team is about, he's basically calling out two of the veterans of the Titans team. With White, maybe it's not that big a deal, but Bulluck has always been seen as one of the clubhouse leaders, and he made it clear after the stomp that he didn't think he'd made a mistake, so we'll have to see how he takes Finnegan's comments.

Oviedo
05-13-2009, 11:53 AM
The only stomp I'm worried about is the one we will lay on the Titans on September 10th. Welcome to he{{ because you will be reaping what you sowed.

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2009, 12:08 PM
You can't talk your way out of it now, Titans. Prepare to be stomped in the opener.

"The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and, boy, did he strike!" - Myron Cope

SteelCzar76
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
In a sense,...i feel as though he should "ride" for his teammates at least publicly. I mean if you got a problem in house, you work it out in house. (You know,..never question the family to outsiders.)

But even with that said, Finnegan displayed a great deal of class and sportsmanship. However,... as mentioned,...i doubt it's going to be of much service to the Titans come the opening week of the season. Such disrespect concerning the TT and henceforth our tradition cannot be forgiven.

Though on the flipside of the coin,..the fans shouldn't sleep on them.(Titans) They have a very good running game, Griffin and Finnegan in the secondary, and pass rushers whom
attack Ben as if they have been coached to "tackle the ball" so as to cause fumbles when he tries to buy time in the pocket for plays to break down. Which is actually, smarter than trying to "drag tackle" him (Ben) allowing him to get throws off.

stlrz d
05-13-2009, 02:44 PM
In a sense,...i feel as though he should "ride" for his teammates at least publicly. I mean if you got a problem in house, you work it out in house. (You know,..never question the family to outsiders.)

But even with that said, Finnegan displayed a great deal of class and sportsmanship. However,... as mentioned,...i doubt it's going to be of much service to the Titans come the opening week of the season. Such disrespect concerning the TT and henceforth our tradition cannot be forgiven.

Though on the flipside of the coin,..the fans shouldn't sleep on them.(Titans) They have a very good running game, Griffin and Finnegan in the secondary, and pass rushers whom
attack Ben as if they have been coached to "tackle the ball" so as to cause fumbles when he tries to buy time in the pocket for plays to break down. Which is actually, smarter than trying to "drag tackle" him (Ben) allowing him to get throws off.

Good observation.

SteelCzar76
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Good observation.

I take it that you noticed that as well Stlrz ? As i said,.. i think it's very smart on the part of their coaches if it was installed as part of their gameplan. As even though Ben is not an elite passer in my eyes,...he is an outstanding football player that always has a "puncher's chance" in terms of delivering big plays as long as the play is "alive" and he has possession of ball.

Hopefully, this year not only are we able to run the ball effectively, but also he (Ben) and the offense will play with such a rhythm that we can get the ball out a little faster ?

stlrz d
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Good observation.

I take it that you noticed that as well Stlrz ? As i said,.. i think it's very smart on the part of their coaches if it was installed as part of their gameplan. As even though Ben is not an elite passer in my eyes,...he is an outstanding football player that always has a "puncher's chance" in terms of delivering big plays as long as the play is "alive" and he has possession of ball.

Hopefully, this year not only are we able to run the ball effectively, but also he (Ben) and the offense will play with such a rhythm that we can get the ball out a little faster ?

I've noticed certain teams seem to have a way of jarring the ball loose from him and it makes sense to me that if you can't get the guy down then go after the ball. It wouldn't surprise me at all if coaches teach their guys to do this.

It's thinking outside the box.

Lloyd used to do his chop for a similar reason...if he couldn't sack the guy he was at least going to try and knock the ball out.

rpmpit
05-13-2009, 09:39 PM
[quote=SteelCzar76]In a sense,...i feel as though he should "ride" for his teammates at least publicly. I mean if you got a problem in house, you work it out in house. (You know,..never question the family to outsiders.)

Good observation.

I've noticed certain teams seem to have a way of jarring the ball loose from him and it makes sense to me that if you can't get the guy down then go after the ball. It wouldn't surprise me at all if coaches teach their guys to do this.

Lloyd used to do his chop for a similar reason...if he couldn't sack the guy he was at least going to try and knock the ball out.[/quote:3phmvq6w]

Silverback seems to be the best in the league at doing this. And probably the best on our team at stripping the qb since Lloyd.

And Finnegan's comments won't do much to ease the Titans pain come opening night. I never wish injury on anyone. But I'd love to see White knocked out of the game with a "minor" injury :twisted:

stlrz d
05-13-2009, 11:20 PM
[quote=SteelCzar76]In a sense,...i feel as though he should "ride" for his teammates at least publicly. I mean if you got a problem in house, you work it out in house. (You know,..never question the family to outsiders.)

Good observation.

Lloyd used to do his chop for a similar reason...if he couldn't sack the guy he was at least going to try and knock the ball out.

Silverback seems to be the best in the league at doing this. And probably the best on our team at stripping the qb since Lloyd.

And Finnegan's comments won't do much to ease the Titans pain come opening night. I never wish injury on anyone. But I'd love to see White knocked out of the game with a "minor" injury :twisted:[/quote:2x49mhmh]

That's why he was the inspiration for my Christmas jingle Silverback Chop (sung to the tune of Jingle Bell Rock). :D

Mel Blount's G
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Lenwhale is a punk. He was before this and is even moreso now. He stomped on our towel after putting up these whopping numbers in that game. What a clown.

...............CAR...YDS...AVG...TD...LG
L. White.....15.....48.....3.2.....1....10

JDSteeler
05-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Can I be the one to open the "Can of Whoop Ass" before
this game??

If I've ever seen a beat down, it's gonna be this game!!!

They asked for it, and they gonna get it.

If Lenny gets 35 yards, I'll be shocked!!

JD

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2009, 08:55 AM

Good observation.

And Finnegan's comments won't do much to ease the Titans pain come opening night. I never wish injury on anyone. But I'd love to see White knocked out of the game with a "minor" injury :twisted:[/quote:33u9pu11]

Perhaps he will pull a hamstring reaching for the Twinkies.

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/pitw/LenWhaleTraining.jpg