PDA

View Full Version : Troy sighting....

Mister Pittsburgh
05-09-2009, 06:29 PM
So I was leaning against the wall today outside this makeup store at Ross Park Mall waiting for my wife and mom to get done purchasing some stuff. Out of nowhere I look up and see Troy holding what I assume is his kid, with some dude and a white chick with an empty stroller right behind which might have been a nanny type person or something. Anyway, Troy walks by like 2 feet from me. Dude was about as tall as me but had huge freaking shoulders. Pretty funny seeing him in street clothes....just a black tshirt and cargo pants with his hair in a ponytail.

Anyway, that brightened my day.

Jooser
05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Pretty sweet. I met Greg Lloyd at Three Rivers one night taking a leak during the stretch at a Pirates game. That was a little intimidating. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
As long as we are posting some of our random Steeler encounters, I ran into Emperor Chaz outside Three Rivers once, back when he was still in reasonably good health (it was early in Cowher's tenure as head coach, only a year or two after Noll's retirement from coaching).

SteelBucks
05-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I ran into Dan Rooney outside the stadium after the '02 AFC championship game loss to the Pats. Even though you could tell he was a little down and probably in no mood, he took several minutes to talk to us. The guy is a class act!

proudpittsburgher
05-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I ran into Dan Rooney outside the stadium after the '02 AFC championship game loss to the Pats. Even though you could tell he was a little down and probably in no mood, he took several minutes to talk to us. The guy is a class act!

I've told this story ad nauseum, but when I waited out in line for playoff tickets during the 93 season (I believe . . . the year we lost to the Chargers :cry: ) they just started this randon line out by the Clark bar, then eventually moved us into a line that went around three rivers. Was really friggen cold that night, but Dan Rooney walked around with the lady who had the coffee/hot cocoa cart and talked with and shook hands with every single person in that line. Will never forget that.

Also, I worked at the Pirates Clubhouse store through my teenager years at Ross Park Mall, and at least once a week saw Woodson and David Johnson (they were almost always together) and saw G Lloyd at least once a month. And I swear, he was always wearing a cutoff shirt to show off the abs.