PDA

View Full Version : Jaws says that we have the next Tom Brady,...

SteelCzar76
05-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Apparently he's very high on Central Washington's Mike Reilly,....

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/play ... id=4145526 (http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?context=podcast&id=4145526)

frankthetank1
05-08-2009, 11:29 AM
jaws is an idiot so i wouldnt put much stock in his opinion. the next tom brady? that is a bold statement. so i guess that would mean he thinks this guy will be better than ben

SteelCzar76
05-08-2009, 11:34 AM
jaws is an idiot so i wouldnt put much stock in his opinion. the next tom brady? that is a bold statement. so i guess that would mean he thinks this guy will be better than ben

I wouldn't say that the man's an idiot Frank. :lol: And he has played the position very well at the professional level. He also didn't come across to me as though he was down on Roethlisberger to any degree,..as much as he just really believes this Reilly kid is very talented.

frankthetank1
05-08-2009, 11:50 AM

I wouldn't say that the man's an idiot Frank. :lol: And he has played the position very well at the professional level. He also didn't come across to me as though he was down on Roethlisberger to any degree,..as much as he just really believes this Reilly kid is very talented.

just because he was a good qb doesnt mean he is good at evaluating talent and im just assuming that he thinks brady is better than ben. i didnt think he is down on ben but i would bet anything he wouldnt rate ben higher than brady. i hope he is right. we need a good back up now and for the future

frankthetank1
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
i forgot to mention the idiot comment is in regards to his announcing on mnf and as an espn analyst. i havent heard him make to many intelligent comments, observations etc..

Uncle Rico
05-08-2009, 11:54 AM
I think that the Steelers should continue to falsely promote this kid as the next big thing then just keep him around as trade bait. Unfortunately Charlie Batch would probably have to go but at this point he's probably washed-up anyhow.

RuthlessBurgher
05-08-2009, 12:02 PM
i forgot to mention the idiot comment is in regards to his announcing on mnf and as an espn analyst. i havent heard him make to many intelligent comments, observations etc..

Jaws was much better at breaking down film on those old Edge NFL Matchup shows with Merril Hoge than he is as a color commentator during a live game.

pfelix73
05-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Maybe he'll beat out Dixon for the #3 spot. I'd actually enjoy seeing that.

:tt1

phillyesq
05-08-2009, 12:59 PM

I'd like to see Dixon beat out Batch for #2, and have Reilly earn a spot on the P.S. Next year, I'd like to see Ben-Dixon-Reilly.

MeetJoeGreene
05-08-2009, 01:06 PM

I'd like to see Dixon beat out Batch for #2, and have Reilly earn a spot on the P.S. Next year, I'd like to see Ben-Dixon-Reilly.

I thought of that.

Although Tomlin is making every vet fight for their job, I don't think he is going to go w/out a backup veteran QB. Just a hunch.

And of course we are all basing our evaluation of Reilly being anything other than a camp arm on the words of Ron Jaworksi. I am all about being hopeful, but that is a big, big stretch.

SteelBucks
05-08-2009, 03:18 PM

:Agree

Snatch98
05-08-2009, 03:45 PM

As others have already mentioned I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon as the 2 and Batch in a more Coach oriented role.

feltdizz
05-08-2009, 04:09 PM
the next Tom Brady? GTFOH!!!

sounds like Jaws is reaching because he missed on labeling Big Ben the next Bradshaw...

and I'm a fan of Jaws..

Snatch98
05-08-2009, 04:44 PM

sounds like Jaws is reaching because he missed on labeling Big Ben the next Bradshaw...

and I'm a fan of Jaws..

I don't believe he means the guy will be as good as Tom Brady but rather a late round gem that will eventually blossom in to a solid football player.

MaxAMillion
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM

and I'm a fan of Jaws..

I don't believe he means the guy will be as good as Tom Brady but rather a late round gem that will eventually blossom in to a solid football player.

I believe Jaws also liked Brady Quinn, and I doubt Quinn becomes much. It would be nice if he develops but I won't hold my breath.

Snatch98
05-08-2009, 11:40 PM

and I'm a fan of Jaws..

I believe Jaws also liked Brady Quinn, and I doubt Quinn becomes much. It would be nice if he develops but I won't hold my breath.

Brady Quinn was also a first round draft and a high profile college player. Riley is not so there is certainly room for optimism. You don't get that excited about undrafted FA if there isn't something to be excited about...i guess we'll find out.

pfelix73
05-09-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't care for Dixon. We'll see what he does in camp and the pre-season, but he just doesn't seem to be the right type of QB for this offense- IMO.

Therefore, if this Reilly kid has any chance whatsoever, ultimately, I'd like to see him as our backup.. Way down the road, of course. I like Batch as the veteran to backup Ben in 2009. I would like to see Reilly play so well, that he beats out Dixon in camp.

SteelCzar76
05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I don't care for Dixon. We'll see what he does in camp and the pre-season, but he just doesn't seem to be the right type of QB for this offense- IMO.

Therefore, if this Reilly kid has any chance whatsoever, ultimately, I'd like to see him as our backup.. Way down the road, of course. I like Batch as the veteran to backup Ben in 2009. I would like to see Reilly play so well, that he beats out Dixon in camp.

:Agree

PSU_dropout43
05-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Reilly lacks good arm strength to excel in this league. Besides, I doubt Tomlin cuts his black QB (Dixon) for whitey.

pfelix73
05-09-2009, 07:57 PM
That's not what Jaws says......

I hope he's right. The 1st time I ever hoped he was right about something, because he is annoying with his talk, etc, but if he would be right about one thing in his life, I hope it's him saying this kid is Brady-like. Then he should be more than capable of backing up Ben in a few years......

I wonder what Hoge thinks of Reilly? He is usually 180 degrees opposite of Jaws on issues. Merrill is my idol ..33.. LOL.

AngryAsian
05-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Reilly lacks good arm strength to excel in this league. Besides, I doubt Tomlin cuts his black QB (Dixon) for whitey.

Your assumptions are comical and have not a shred of fact to substantiate your inference.

Starlifter
05-10-2009, 07:25 PM
We'll never know if Jaws is correct. Reilly doesn't have drew bledsoe to beat out......

MeetJoeGreene
05-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Your assumptions are comical and have not a shred of fact to substantiate your inference.

Over on stillernation, there are a rash of posters that name themselves like other posters with a slight twist of the name and then just stir the pot. Methings PSU_dropout43 is like that. It is probably a takeoff on steelers43.

I would investigate whether it is a real poster or not.

RuthlessBurgher
05-11-2009, 10:07 AM

Over on stillernation, there are a rash of posters that name themselves like other posters with a slight twist of the name and then just stir the pot. Methings PSU_dropout43 is like that. It is probably a takeoff on steelers43.

Are you saying that PSU_dropout43 may just be a figment of my imagination?

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. :D

AngryAsian
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM

We are aware of the aliases being used on this site. No further investigation is warranted, so long as posters conduct themselves like grown adults and post within the parameters of the Code of Conduct. Regardless of prior behaviors on other sites... everybody gets an initial free pass on the Planet. But if threads degrade due to these noted poster's noncompliance with the rules of engagement established by this site, then actions will be taken swiftly.

Let's all try and get along... and discuss football and steer away from baseless rants.

feltdizz
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM

obviously this guy is really bored this off season and wants to get things stirred up.

snarky
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Jaws was much better at breaking down film on those old Edge NFL Matchup shows with Merril Hoge than he is as a color commentator during a live game.

Agree completely. I think the guy is intelligent but just happens to suck as a live analyst.

fezziwig
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Do you mean like, he cut Okobi for Mahan and then Hartwig ?

I for one can't see the Steeler having no veteran backup for Ben. If this kid shows Tomlin he is worth the roster spot then, Dixon might get replaced.
Tomlin is a fair man and winning comes first. Tomlin will be the first to tell you, as he walks by the Super Bowl trophys none of them are engraved with, we had more blacks or whites on the team.

i'm all for best player being on the team. That goes for the entire package of talent, team player and good person. After that, nothing else should matter.

PSU_dropout43
05-23-2009, 01:14 PM

Interesting. :moon

PS, Mine your own beeswax.