PDA

View Full Version : Did Favre play poorly last year on purpose??

rpmpit
05-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I watched a lot of the Jets games last year. Favre really played well in the first half of the year and the Jets were 8-3 at one point. Then all of a sudden he was terrible and they finished 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

So he tells the Jets he's done and gets his release. Now all of a sudden he's ready to play for the Vikings??

And check this out. His trade to the Jets last year included a clause that NY could not trade him to the Vikings:

"The NFL Network also is reporting that the Packers took great pains to ensure that Favre would not be traded to the Vikings by inserting a "poison pill" in the deal. If Favre were to be traded to Minnesota, New York would have to surrender three first-round picks to Green Bay."

Here's the link to the entire article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=3522971 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3522971)

So getting released means the Jets keep their first round picks and the Vikings are free to sign Favre. The whole biceps/shoulder injury thing seemed to come out of nowhere last year. Seems he was just using it as an excuse for playing like crap.

Mel Blount's G
05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Well, with the pack d improving like it is (Greene LB coach + Hugh Jazz and Clay Matthews in this years draft) he may not WANT to play his old team twice a year. Least he's smart enough to stay clear of the AFCsteelersNorth where he was guaranteed to have his semi-retired azz handed to him on a stretcher twice a year

NW Steeler
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
No. He is washed up. He needs to stay retired. I'm completely sick of this "Favre watch" crap every year.
Seriously, he looked OLD in that last game against the Dolphins.
BUT, with the amont of talent on the Vikings roster, he might just pull it off.

stlrz d
05-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Every report I hear is that the biceps injury is legit. And the local reporters here all mention how much Favre hates surgery. They also mention one of the reasons he hates surgery is because it means he usually doesn't have to practice much.

The guy doesn't want to work (practice, study film, study the playbook) he just wants to play.