PDA

View Full Version : Cowher POWER vs the Flightless Birds!?!?!?!

Mel Blount's G
05-06-2009, 10:50 PM
*This post has now been edited as I know people are wondering if it came down to a choice, who BC sides with: Canes or Pens. I belive he considers NC home. Period. This was not always the case but it is now. Therefore I'm sorry to say my Steeler Brethren, that Cower Power will be on the side of the Canes. Hopefully for the canes that doesn't mean run, run, draw play, punt :|

Pre-game Bill was seen cranking that stupid siren thing the Hurricanes have there. But they won so keep crankin' B-Cow!
http://www.850thebuzz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/cowhersiren.jpg
That's not Alonzo Jackson next to him in the 'Canes jersey is it?

stlrz d
05-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Guess what? I've got a fever and the only prescription is more Bill Cow-siren?????

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
How long before we get a 10 page thread on "Cowher to coach the 'Canes - he lied to us when he left the Steelers!!"?

RuthlessBurgher
05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, if the Canes beat the Bruins and the Pens beat the Caps, there is no way he would be doing this in the Eastern Conference Finals. No way. Hear me, Cowher? No @#$%ing way. :evil:

Mel Blount's G
05-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Sorry Pens fans but I'm a rootin' for the 'Canes since my 2nd son was born there and he is a 'Canes fan plus we're vactioning there in early July. (Imagine me, an Oiler fan in Edmonton, with a mouthy 6 year old running around during the Oilers/Canes finals several years ago yelling "Oilers suck!" around the city. :oops: It would be akin to your kid running around the Burgh yelling "the Steelers suck" during a Super Bowl we were in. Love the kid but damn near had to gag the boy! :x )

COWHER POWER!! :D

motter1975
05-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, if the Canes beat the Bruins and the Pens beat the Caps, there is no way he would be doing this in the Eastern Conference Finals. No way. Hear me, Cowher? No @#$%ing way. :evil:

You know, I said the same thing when I saw it last night...fine for now, but don't even THINK about doing that if we play each other in the finals! Remember where you came from Bill!

Mel Blount's G
05-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Time to choose Billy Boy.

"Choose wisely."
http://gamenight.4leafcoder.com/__oneclick_uploads/2009/03/grailknight.jpg

MeetJoeGreene
05-15-2009, 07:52 AM
I hope he gives the coach of the Canes some advice on how to coach a championship game at home.

:stirpot :stirpot :D

RussBII
05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm here in Raleigh and I'm going to try and snatch up some tickets. I'll be sportin' the black and gold. The only question I have is, is it incredibly lame to wear my Steelers jersey to the game, or do I have to bite the bullet and buy some Pens gear?

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm here in Raleigh and I'm going to try and snatch up some tickets. I'll be sportin' the black and gold. The only question I have is, is it incredibly lame to wear my Steelers jersey to the game, or do I have to bite the bullet and buy some Pens gear?

As long as you wave your Terrible Towel, we'll be able to pick you out in the crowd. If money is tight and you don't really want to shell out the bucks for a Pens sweater on top of what those tickets will undoubtedly cost you, I'd say that you can get away with the Steeler jersey and maybe a Pens cap (a more economical way for you to show your allegiance to the Pens). Just make sure that there is nothing red on your body except for that 2nd hypocycloid on your Steeler jersey.

:tt2 :tt1

RussBII
05-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeesh. Ok I got tickets to Game 3. I went w/ the "cheap" ones. Now I just need to find a hat, or some gear.

I'm thinking i MIGHT have to buy a Pens Ronnie Francis jersey. "That's right Canes fans... he won with us FIRST, and twice..."

pfelix73
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
If you really want to save some $ I have an extra Pens cap I'll rent ya..... shipping & handling is also extra.... :lol:

What did everyone think of those yellow towels they were waving in Boston last night? Kind of looked similar to something we do in the Burgh on Sundays.....

here's a hint at what I'm talking about----- :tt1

Oviedo
05-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Screw anyone not behind the Penguins. Who cares what he was in a past life. It's about here and now and that is the Pens winning Lord Stanley's Cup.

RussBII
05-15-2009, 11:07 AM
If you really want to save some $ I have an extra Pens cap I'll rent ya..... shipping & handling is also extra.... :lol:

What did everyone think of those yellow towels they were waving in Boston last night? Kind of looked similar to something we do in the Burgh on Sundays.....

here's a hint at what I'm talking about----- :tt1

I just bought two more to Game 6 because my sister is gonna get into town. So now i'm super broke. What kind of deposit does this Pens Cap rental require?

I was at a bar last night and there was a bruins fan talking about how cool those towels were. He honestly had no idea that they were less than original. I settled it for him.

snarky
05-15-2009, 11:30 AM
LOL

Check out this post on a hockey forum

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=268 (http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=19580660&postcount=268)

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2009, 12:02 PM
LOL

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=268 (http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=19580660&postcount=268)

A proud Caniac?!?! Dear Lord...that's what they call themselves? Let's just put the sorry bastages out of their misery in 4 games.

Mel Blount's G
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
:lol: Well, it was either "Proud Caniac" or "Proud Hurrniac". Proud 'Liniac? Proud Caroac?

Wonder what Rod Brind'amour's face looks like today? His own team shot the puck into it as he was sitting on the bench picking his nose in the 3rd period last night. He never came back after that... :oops:

And for those of you who didn't watch any of the canes / 'ruins series, pass this on to your pens: If a guy from carolina challenges you to a fight, you may wanna put your hands up, defend yourself, fight back, etc.... Unless you literally wanna "take one for the team" ala Aaron Ward :P

Jigawatts
05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
And for those of you who didn't watch any of the canes / 'ruins series

I would have liked to watch some of that, but thanks to the brilliant scheduling of Versus
and the NHL, I had the Wings and Ducks on in it's entirety. :roll:

RussBII
05-15-2009, 01:50 PM
:lol: Well, it was either "Proud Caniac" or "Proud Hurrniac". Proud 'Liniac? Proud Caroac?

Wonder what Rod Brind'amour's face looks like today? His own team shot the puck into it as he was sitting on the bench picking his nose in the 3rd period last night. He never came back after that... :oops:

And for those of you who didn't watch any of the canes / 'ruins series, pass this on to your pens: If a guy from carolina challenges you to a fight, you may wanna put your hands up, defend yourself, fight back, etc.... Unless you literally wanna "take one for the team" ala Aaron Ward :P

Walker rocked Ward. That was as good as a shot as I've seen in any sport, boxing including... in a loooong time.

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM

Walker rocked Ward. That was as good as a shot as I've seen in any sport, boxing including... in a loooong time.

It's not so difficult to do when your opponent has his arms at his side and is not fighting back. Similar to when Patrick Roy's kid attacked the opposing team's goalie in junior that had no interest in dropping the gloves whatsoever.

RussBII
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM

It's not so difficult to do when your opponent has his arms at his side and is not fighting back. Similar to when Patrick Roy's kid attacked the opposing team's goalie in junior that had no interest in dropping the gloves whatsoever.

It was a little different. Ward did look like he was about to fight, and then he just stopped.

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Walker did more damage with his stick on the puck in overtime of game 7 than he did with his fist on Ward's face in game 5.

NC Steeler Fan
05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Gimmee a break...

I was raised in Fayetteville, just an hour south of Raleigh, went to NC State
University (class of '87) in Raleigh, live 45 miles SW from Raleigh and I...

AM PULLING FOR THE PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
05-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Gimmee a break...

Call NC State Cowher and tell him that. Screw the Red Whalers.

Jigawatts
05-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Et tu, Brute?

[youtube:3ihwfx05]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m1xo-4_VnrM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m1xo-4_VnrM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:3ihwfx05]

frankthetank1
05-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Gimmee a break...

ever since they moved from ct i have hated them. i grew up about an hour and a half south of hartford but went to whaler games often especially when the pens were in town. man were those some great games, it was awsome seeing the 90's pens beat up on the whalers a few times every where. i always liked the whale but i love the pens and every pittsburgh team. there is no way cowher would root against a team from the burgh.

RuthlessBurgher
05-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Gimmee a break...

ever since they moved from ct i have hated them. i grew up about an hour and a half south of hartford but went to whaler games often especially when the pens were in town. man were those some great games, it was awsome seeing the 90's pens beat up on the whalers a few times every where. i always liked the whale but i love the pens and every pittsburgh team. there is no way cowher would root against a team from the burgh.

It's odd going from "Brass Bonanza" to "Rock You Like A Hurricane"

[youtube:2nkult3x]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bwZbWZhAaM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bwZbWZhAaM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2nkult3x]

frankthetank1
05-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Gimmee a break...

It's odd going from "Brass Bonanza" to "Rock You Like A Hurricane"

[youtube:23pzuyqe]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bwZbWZhAaM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6bwZbWZhAaM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:23pzuyqe]

i never knew the whalers song was called brass bonanza. wow listening to that really takes me back. im impressed you or anyone remembers that song. rock you like a hurricane is ok but brass bonanza was awesome. not on the same level that rennegade is on but still very good

proudpittsburgher
05-16-2009, 06:33 PM
LOL

A proud Caniac?!?! Dear Lord...that's what they call themselves? Let's just put the sorry bastages out of their misery in 4 games.

I never understood that, switching allegiances because you moved. Have a little friggen pride in where you are from! You are a Pittsburgher, act like it. None of this, "Well, my second team is the . . ." F you.

Crash
05-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Cowher's just hogging the Carolina spotlight because he wants Fox's job because Kaye doesn't want to leave North Carolina.

Bill's whipped.