BradshawsHairdresser
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Per KFFL.

mshifko
05-06-2009, 10:24 PM
wonder if it was his or their decision?

AngryAsian
05-06-2009, 11:42 PM
The BUS wasn't great, but surely better than Barkley. How this guy still has a job... he's TURABLE! Add Emmitt Smith to that list. Its painful to watch Emmitt commentate.

stlrz d
05-06-2009, 11:59 PM
The BUS wasn't great, but surely better than Barkley. How this guy still has a job... he's TURABLE! Add Emmitt Smith to that list. Its painful to watch Emmitt commentate.

I like Barkley...he says it like it is. The T-Mobile commercials are funny too!

SteelBucks
05-07-2009, 12:00 AM
wonder if it was his or their decision?

NBC's decision.

anjang86
05-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Doesn't surprise me. He really wasn't as great as people had expected. Bettis needs to take another route during retirement. Either coach or become a speaker... both of which is a better option for him than TV analyst.

D Rock
05-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Bettis is a b*&%h.

He wasn't all that great here during his last bunch of years, yet he thought he made this team run. His comments in the offseason after he retired were absurd...

How are they going to have a running game without me? (something along those lines)

Jerome Bettis was and is nothing but an overstuffed and overinflated ego who had a following because he was a fata$$ linebacker in the RB position.

3.3, 3.8, 3.3, 3.6, 4.8, 3.8, 3.6, 3.8, 4.4, 4.5 are his career YPC averages as a Steeler.

total career YPC is 3.9.

any other back averaging under 4 YPC with great O-lines like the Steelers used to have would be crucified. Bettis was garbage...as a player and an analyst.

MeetJoeGreene
05-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Bettis is a b*&%h.

He wasn't all that great here during his last bunch of years, yet he thought he made this team run. His comments in the offseason after he retired were absurd...

How are they going to have a running game without me? (something along those lines)

Jerome Bettis was and is nothing but an overstuffed and overinflated ego who had a following because he was a fata$$ linebacker in the RB position.

3.3, 3.8, 3.3, 3.6, 4.8, 3.8, 3.6, 3.8, 4.4, 4.5 are his career YPC averages as a Steeler.

total career YPC is 3.9.

any other back averaging under 4 YPC with great O-lines like the Steelers used to have would be crucified. Bettis was garbage...as a player and an analyst.

Dude.

Are you related to a poster named CurtainCall from TL and now at SN?

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that Bus got released as an analyst. He wasn't all that good. I still like him as a player though.

Uncle Rico
05-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Why release Bettis and keep the effeminate Keith Olbermann on?

proudpittsburgher
05-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Bettis is a b*&%h.

total career YPC is 3.9.

Yea, forget about the fact he took a paycut and a reduced role to help us win a title in 05 and strung together a few 100 yard efforts in 04 when Duce went down. :x :roll: Egomaniac indeed.

ramblinjim
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Bettis is a b*&%h.

total career YPC is 3.9.

Yea, forget about the fact he took a paycut and a reduced role to help us win a title in 05 and strung together a few 100 yard efforts in 04 when Duce went down. :x :roll: Egomaniac indeed.

Not to mention that he is the 6th leading rusher in NFL History, a first ballot hall of famer, solid citizen.........

MeetJoeGreene
05-07-2009, 08:58 AM

Good question. Olberman is not very funny and not very good.

ramblinjim
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Olberman is a political guy now, he rates up there with Rush Limbaugh on ESPN as far as I'm concerned.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Be nice to make room for him as an assistant running back coach with the young guys we have. Don't know how good he would be as a coach but the organization has my vote to be the team that gives him his first shot! "Bus...Meet the Tank!"

steelsnis
05-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Olberman is a political guy now, he rates up there with Rush Limbaugh on ESPN as far as I'm concerned.

There is a major difference between the two. Olbermann was the lead anchor on Sportscenter for years and a top analyst on Fox before turning to more news oriented programming. He had a real sports background, Rush did not.

ramblinjim
05-07-2009, 09:30 AM

There is a major difference between the two. Olbermann was the lead anchor on Sportscenter for years and a top analyst on Fox before turning to more news oriented programming. He had a real sports background, Rush did not.

You're right, this is true. But Olberman even brings his politics to football now and I find him un-watchable. I used to think he and Dan Patrick were really good together back in the day. I'm sure it has something to do with the way I swing politically, no doubt about it.

phillyesq
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM

Good question. Olberman is not very funny and not very good.

Nor has he been since he was on sportscenter years ago.

MaxAMillion
05-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Bettis is a b*&%h.

total career YPC is 3.9.

You are going to be pretty miserable when Bettis gets to give his HOF speech. The players on the team loved him (remember when they all got off the plane with his old college jersey?) I don't think any of his old teammates think he had an overinflated ego. Where did Bettis ever say the team won't have a runnin g game without him? If he said it, he wasn't serious. Bettis was nothing but gracious whenever I heard him talk about the Steelers once he retired.

Your views of his ego are inaccuate in my opinion.

stlrz d
05-07-2009, 10:57 AM
D Rock - How much does Michigan/Notre Dame weigh into your feelings on Bettis?

I'm a USC fan and HATE the Fighting Irish, but I can honestly say that even when he was in college I liked Bettis. There aren't too many golden domers I can say that about. Another guy I liked was a linebacker named Michael Stonebreaker...just because I thought that was such a cool name.

D Rock
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
D Rock - How much does Michigan/Notre Dame weigh into your feelings on Bettis?

I'm a USC fan and HATE the Fighting Irish, but I can honestly say that even when he was in college I liked Bettis. There aren't too many golden domers I can say that about. Another guy I liked was a linebacker named Michael Stonebreaker...just because I thought that was such a cool name.

Notre Dame does not bother me at all.

And Bettis was a great teammate...super. I didn't like him as a player. That's all there is to it.

mshifko
05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2vld4yc7]D Rock - How much does Michigan/Notre Dame weigh into your feelings on Bettis?

And Bettis was a great teammate...super. I didn't like him as a player. That's all there is to it.[/quote:2vld4yc7]
hard to believe that you didn't like him as a player...the guy was a guarantee from inside from the 5 and picked up the dirty yards all throughout his career...

buckeyehoppy
05-07-2009, 10:27 PM
hard to believe that you didn't like him as a player...the guy was a guarantee from inside from the 5 and picked up the dirty yards all throughout his career...

Gee...maybe THAT is why he had a YPC avg. under four...if all you were asked to do was drill it in from the opponent's 1 your YPC would be low, too.

See everybody in Canton the first weekend in August 2011 for Bussie's Last Stop.

Slapstick
05-08-2009, 12:51 AM
And Bettis was a great teammate...super. I didn't like him as a player. That's all there is to it.

He sucked...

Bettis allowed five other players to run for more career yards than him...

FIVE!!!

Terrible... :shock:

frankthetank1
05-08-2009, 07:33 AM
[quote="stlrz d":1c14vanw]D Rock - How much does Michigan/Notre Dame weigh into your feelings on Bettis?

And Bettis was a great teammate...super. I didn't like him as a player. That's all there is to it.[/quote:1c14vanw]

dont understand how any steeler fan could hate bettis. that is just odd. he is a great guy, always put the team first and always wanted to win no matter what. he took a pay cut to retire a steeler. most big rb's i bet have an average of 4.3 ypc or less. big backs usually dont get 180 yards per game. do you also hate hines, ben or harrison? bettis in his prime was amazing. every player declines when they get old. i hate notre dame more than anyone. im a boston college fan for christ sakes and i love bussie as much as any steeler

proudpittsburgher
05-08-2009, 10:01 AM
[quote="stlrz d":2e0fue1v]D Rock - How much does Michigan/Notre Dame weigh into your feelings on Bettis?

And Bettis was a great teammate...super. I didn't like him as a player. That's all there is to it.[/quote:2e0fue1v]

No, there's more to it than that. I don't like Brett Favre as a player. I don't like Terrell Owens as a player. I don't go around irrationally saying they suck. There's a hate to your message.

pfelix73
05-08-2009, 12:53 PM
What Frank the Tank said----

:Agree

Crash
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Bettis was nothing but gracious whenever I heard him talk about the Steelers once he retired.

Your views of his ego are inaccuate in my opinion

You obviously didn't read his second book.