PDA

View Full Version : Foote to the Rats....?

JDSteeler
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
...that would suck....

Any reports as to where he could go?

JD

anger 82&95
05-05-2009, 06:15 AM
The unofficial “scuttlebutt” still seems to point to the Lions:

"The Steelers may face their starting right inside linebacker the past five seasons on Oct. 11. That’s when the Steelers play the Detroit Lions at Ford Field.
“I can see Larry going to Detroit,” said James Farrior, the Steelers’ left inside linebacker. “That’s where he’s from, and he’s already said he’d like to play for the Lions. So I’m going to circle that date on my calendar."

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/200 ... 103852.txt (http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2009/05/04/sports/steelers/doc49ffbbbe04dd5251103852.txt)

rpmpit
05-05-2009, 07:55 AM
JD, was that just a guess or did you hear/see something about him going to the Rats???

I wish he would stay, but we all know how this stuff works. If he really wants to play for the Lions (WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LIONS??? :lol: ) then I hope he gets his wish. Thanks for what you helped us accomplish, Larry. Good luck!

Jooser
05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
A lot of Rats fans are wanting him as a replacement for Scott over on the Sun board. I haven't read anything that would indicate that he's been contacted by the team though. I'd hate to see Hines blow him up, so I hope he stays away from the Bay area. :wink:

Mel Blount's G
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Divisional teams + patties and jets = bad choices!!

RuthlessBurgher
05-05-2009, 09:12 AM

Since I don't have any strong feeling about the Jets one way or the other, I'm just curious as to the source of your Jets hate. Is it just because former Raven D.C. Rex Ryan is their H.C. now? Faneca going there? Bart Scott joining them? The old Neil O'Donnell thing?

pfelix73
05-05-2009, 09:17 AM
If that were the case at all, I'd say keep him on the team for the rest of the year. If he causes ill will in the locker room, make him stay him with pay. Then again, he's no Bart Scott.

stlrz d
05-05-2009, 10:39 AM
If that were the case at all, I'd say keep him on the team for the rest of the year. If he causes ill will in the locker room, make him stay him with pay. Then again, he's no Bart Scott.

It's too late for that.

I don't believe he'll end up in Rattimore. If not Detroit, SD, NE or Den maybe? Wildcard...the Chiefs?

JDSteeler
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
JD, was that just a guess or did you hear/see something about him going to the Rats???

I wish he would stay, but we all know how this stuff works. If he really wants to play for the Lions (WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY FOR THE LIONS??? :lol: ) then I hope he gets his wish. Thanks for what you helped us accomplish, Larry. Good luck!

A guess...

JD

pfelix73
05-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Let him go to the Rats if he wishes then. They need all the help they can get.....

:ratsuck

Mel Blount's G
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM

Since I don't have any strong feeling about the Jets one way or the other, I'm just curious as to the source of your Jets hate. Is it just because former Raven D.C. Rex Ryan is their H.C. now? Faneca going there? Bart Scott joining them? The old Neil O'Donnell thing?

iT'S NOT REALLY SUPER-hate LIKE IT IS WITH OUR DIVISIONAL OPPONENTS AND THE PATTIES. iT IS, AS YOU PREDICTED, THE rEX rYAN thing connection and how they seem to becoming the mini-ravens with his arrival and subsequent acquisitions. I'd rather Larry not play for Rex cRyan and his former ratfinks but it would certainly be better than the actual purple ratstains or the pattywhackers or browns or bungholes.....or cowboys.

Just go to detoilet or cheeseland or even KC larry (actually, I think KC would be a GREAT fit for him with all the young talent in front of him and them going to a 3-4!)

Oviedo
05-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Who cares where he goes? If we played against a team he was on we would have a definite place in the opposing defense to successfully attack with short pass plays to RBs and TEs. It would be an advantage.

phillyesq
05-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Big shock here -- PFT is reporting that he is set to visit the Lions.

NorthCoast
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Don't be surprised if the Stains bring him in for a visit. The media is screaming bloody murder that they didn't draft a stud LB in the draft so Foote could fit the bill.....