PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger says he's healthy again

fordfixer
05-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Roethlisberger says he's healthy again

May 3, 2009 3:30 PM

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2 ... again.html (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-477/Roethlisberger-says-he-s-healthy-again.html)

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

PITTSBURGH-Few players took as much physical punishment last season as Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

But after a couple months of rest and inactivity following February's Super Bowl victory over the Arizona Cardinals, Roethlisberger said he's healthy again and ready for the 2009 season.

"I feel great, actually," Roethlisberger said Sunday at the conclusion of Pittsburgh's mandatory minicamp.

The same couldn't be said for Roethlisberger's title run last season. He fought through various ailments, including shoulder and hand injuries, before winning his second Super Bowl by the age of 26.

None of last season's injuries required surgery, but it did require a lot of rest.

Roethlisberger said he didn't work out much, because that's what it took to get his body healed and back to 100 percent. He also avoided throwing this offseason until Pittsburgh's Organized Teams Activities and minicamp.

"This is the only time [I throw] when I come here," Roethlisberger said. "There's no need to go above and beyond and stretch out the arm, because you know during the season it's going to be a lot of throwing. So I just take it real easy.

Herewegosteelers!
05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Now it's partly up to the line to make sure he stays healthy.........I think they'll be better this year with a year playing together under their belts.

Jom112
05-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Off topic but anyone else think James Walker is a useless writer? I'd like to get someone writing the AFC North blog that actually knows something about the division other than the obvious...

stlrz d
05-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Off topic but anyone else think James Walker is a useless writer? I'd like to get someone writing the AFC North blog that actually knows something about the division other than the obvious...

Rats fans like him because he always writes nice things about the Rats.

NKySteeler
05-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Tough to get quality material this time of year.... But it's better than nothing IMO... Yea, he could do a heck of a lot better, but it fills the gaps until it gets serious in a few months... "Master of the obvious" is better than nothing posted at all during the first week in May....

BTW Jom, I give you guys an "A" for your draft this year. I actually really like quite a few of the picks... Let's see if your coaching staff can make the most of it... :wink: