PDA

View Full Version : Five questions with ... Evander Hood

NKySteeler
05-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Five questions with ... Evander Hood
May 2, 2009 12:00 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1261/nflahood1300.jpg
Evander Hood stretches during Steelers minicamp at the team's training facility in Pittsburgh.

PITTSBURGH -- Last week with the final pick of the first round, the Pittsburgh Steelers chose defensive lineman Evander "Ziggy" Hood out of Missouri.

Hood is expected to provide depth at a position where all three Pittsburgh starters are over the age of 30. This weekend, the AFC North blog caught up with Hood to discuss various topics on and off the field.

How did the nickname 'Ziggy' come about?

Evander Hood: I got it from my grandmother. She couldn't say "Evander" fluently, so she gave me the nickname "Ziggy." I was too young to remember when it all started. It has no particular meaning. It's just a name, most likely.

Your former college teammate at Missouri -- receiver Jeremy Maclin -- was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles. How do you think he will do at the pro level?

EH: I think he's going to do well. Every rookie is going to have to change something. It's going to be something that's new to him. But I think he's going to do just fine where he is in Philadelphia.

Any difference getting drafted by the defending Super Bowl champions as opposed to the 31 other teams?

EH: You're on a pedestal to perform, especially in a city like this that prides itself on its football team. You have to live up to the history, what the team produces, and all the great D-linemen that came out of here. So really you're just trying to perform well, but not only that, you're helping the football team in the process.

How would you describe your style of play?

EH: Well, it's going to be a whole new style now, because I have to switch it up coming from Missouri where it was one-gap [assignments]. But really I'm going to give it everything I got, and hustle is going to be my No. 1 priority. I may not be the biggest, strongest, fastest guy out there. But I'm going to give everything I got, and I won't ever quit on a play.

What is your hometown of Amarillo, Texas, known for?

EH: We had [professional wrestler] Terry Funk originate from Amarillo. But other than that, it's nothing but tumbleweeds and boots [laughs].

birtikidis
05-02-2009, 04:47 PM
wow hard hitting journalism

NKySteeler
05-02-2009, 04:54 PM
wow hard hitting journalism

Glad you approve, not that it matters.... I simply thought some folks might like reading it.... If you don't like it, move on to the next thread.... Since there's SO much new news this time of season....

birtikidis
05-02-2009, 06:25 PM
no need to be a d!ck.
but if i'm a reporter, i can think of a million questions that steelers fans would want to know about and none of those questions involve his nickname nor the eagles.

NKySteeler
05-02-2009, 08:58 PM
no need to be a d!ck.

Problems with my comments, A-hole???... Look at yourself and realize what brought it on... Punks like you think you know stuff, when you don't... Screw you!.... I was providing the article for parusement of the board and nothing else, if you don't like it, then move on... No need for sarcastic comment about it....

Ozey74
05-02-2009, 09:12 PM
no need to be a d!ck.

Problems with my comments, A-hole???... Look at yourself and realize what brought it on... Punks like you think you know stuff, when you don't... Screw you!.... I was providing the article for parusement of the board and nothing else, if you don't like it, then move on... No need for sarcastic comment about it....

:Agree

Jigawatts
05-02-2009, 09:25 PM
[youtube:34xmzjja]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJGgS9wIJiI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJGgS9wIJiI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:34xmzjja]

NKySteeler
05-02-2009, 09:27 PM
[youtube:zdr320sx]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJGgS9wIJiI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJGgS9wIJiI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:zdr320sx]

... I loved that movie.... :lol:

fordfixer
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice read thanks for posting :tt1

NKySteeler
05-02-2009, 10:23 PM
:wink: ......

birtikidis
05-03-2009, 02:27 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/production.mediajoint.prx.org/public/piece_images/33590/tpm20080605_medium.jpg

so i thought the article was stupid
cry about it.
it's a free country friend, I can say what I please.

blacknblue80s
05-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks NKy.

This time of year we just have to take what we can get. Its a long offseason.

Slapstick
05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
cry about it.

You absolutely can say what you please...

When you get called out for being a jagoff about it, don't complain...it makes you look like a hypocrite...

ramblinjim
05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Good stuff NKY, thanks for posting. Love any off-season Steelers news I can get my hands on.

My friends think I'm insane for caring which undrafted free agents we signed. :-) :tt1

SidSmythe
05-04-2009, 05:43 PM
:Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
05-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Good stuff NKY, thanks for posting. Love any off-season Steelers news I can get my hands on.

My friends think I'm insane for caring which undrafted free agents we signed. :-) :tt1

Paying attention to the UDFA's gives you a head start at identifying the next potential James Harrison, Willie Parker, Darnell Stapleton, Dan Kreider, etc.

birtikidis
05-05-2009, 09:26 AM
cry about it.

You absolutely can say what you please...

When you get called out for being a jagoff about it, don't complain...it makes you look like a hypocrite...
I wasn't going after the poster, i was going after the writer.
so i'm a hypocrite for making a comment about the writer and then defending myself from a personal attack?
wow.

Slapstick
05-05-2009, 04:21 PM
so i'm a hypocrite for making a comment about the writer and then defending myself from a personal attack?
wow.

No, you look like a hypocrite when you say that, "I can say what I please," and then turn around and complain about other people saying what they please...

That doesn't seem funny to you?

Just askin'...

birtikidis
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
wow.

No, you look like a hypocrite when you say that, "I can say what I please," and then turn around and complain about other people saying what they please...

That doesn't seem funny to you?
Just askin'...
like i said slappy, if i had said something about the poster I could see him saying something about me. And I don't care that he said something about me. I'll banter and talk crap all day long. I love raggin on people, especially my friends.
it would have been hypocritical slappy if i had posted an article that he didn't like and then complained if HE had said something about it. big difference.

Slapstick
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
like i said slappy, if i had said something about the poster I could see him saying something about me. And I don't care that he said something about me. I'll banter and talk crap all day long. I love raggin on people, especially my friends.
it would have been hypocritical slappy if i had posted an article that he didn't like and then complained if HE had said something about it. big difference.

I respectfully disagree with you, sir...

Either you advocate free speech or you do not advocate free speech...albeit, abiding by the rules of the message board...

Message boards are no place for those with thin skins...

birtikidis
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
slappy, if you didn't comment about it, I wouldn't even be on this thread. i really don't care too much either way.
i should have been a lawyer though. I DO love to argue!

NKySteeler
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
When I don't like articles... Or threads... I simply keep my yap shut and move on to one I do like if there isn't a worthwhile comment in the mix... :roll:

.... Gotta love how you feel the need to prolong this crap, Birt.... You called me a d!ck, so I responded in kind.... Bottom line, you are just acting your age... Enjoy, 'cause I'm not here enough to look at this thread anymore, and won't... As example of why... :lol: .... "Pure freakin' entertainment"....

NKySteeler
05-05-2009, 09:50 PM
"The poster"..... :lol: .... Man, some things are just stupidly funny....

birtikidis
05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
:Blah

aggiebones
05-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Why the hell was the original poster here defending the writer?

I agree with the original poster that all Steeler related items belong here, but the 2nd poster wasn't saying that it didn't belong here. He was commenting on how lame those questions were.
Frankly that was a pretty weak effort by the writer. Not sure why the original poster got his panties wadded up, unless he is indeed the writer.

birtikidis
05-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Why the hell was the original poster here defending the writer?

I agree with the original poster that all Steeler related items belong here, but the 2nd poster wasn't saying that it didn't belong here. He was commenting on how lame those questions were.
Frankly that was a pretty weak effort by the writer. Not sure why the original poster got his panties wadded up, unless he is indeed the writer.
thank you. that was exactly my point.