PDA

View Full Version : One of the best Steelers Videos....

JDSteeler
05-02-2009, 11:21 AM
....I've ever seen....Goosebumps anyone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rVs8UjxpE

JD

pfelix73
05-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Goosebumps. Good find.

:tt1
:tt2

jj28west
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Those scenes were some of the best footage clips I have seen in documenting the rise of last years team. That is ESPN/NFL Network/HBO material. I got the spine chills too.

Maybe I was too out of it but I cant believe all the bodies being thrown for blocks in support of James runback.

Thanks for sharing.

RuthlessBurgher
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
After a minute or so of somewhat depressing footage to set the early tone, it was amazing to look back at some of the more remarkable moments of this past football season. It also helps that it didn't feature an annoying rap song or repeat the same highlight 14 times in a row like most poor attempts at YouTube videos. Nice work all around.

pfelix73
05-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Regarding that Harrison return for TD. Seeing it at that angle, it almost looked like there were, (dare I say it) clips from behind or at least from the side so then it's a no call. Maybe not. I'll have to go back and see it again.....

In that situation with our guys running after their guys, we're lucky there weren't any called on us.... You know, like the calls we usually get on punt returns. I think we have more blocking from behind calls on punt returns than any other team in the NFL.... seems that way anyhow.

birtikidis
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
awesome vid! damn

stlrz d
05-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I refuse to look because it's not embedded.

Embedding a youtube vid on planetsteelers.com...so easy even a cave man can do it! :P

grotonsteel
05-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Awesome Video.....!!!!!!

Big Ben RULZZZZZZ..........!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozey74
05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Fantastic find JD!! That is one for my bookmarks!

:tt2

Chadman
05-02-2009, 07:40 PM
After being able to replay the Harrison INT about 50 times (just awesome!) Chadman has to give massive props to Timmons, Keisel & Woodley for crucial blocks way down field. No player gave up on the play.

Harrison might have scored it, but that a Steelers TD.

NKySteeler
05-02-2009, 09:55 PM
[youtube:3t2zqzq9]KIgibHblhos&hl[/youtube:3t2zqzq9]

RuthlessBurgher
05-03-2009, 10:24 AM
I refuse to look because it's not embedded.

Embedding a youtube vid on planetsteelers.com...so easy even a cave man can do it! :P

Here's proof positive!

[youtube:tgc4awr7]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3rVs8UjxpE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D3rVs8UjxpE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:tgc4awr7]

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/PHOTOSHOP%20CONTESTS/cave.jpg

jj28west
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
[youtube:2f2nvsgz]KIgibHblhos&hl[/youtube:2f2nvsgz]

That brought back some awesome memories starting around Pittsburgh/Dallas II in '78?

Thanks NKySteeler!

Jooser
05-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Well, initially I was ready to slit my wrists, then as the vid progressed, I was ready to march around the room screaming Renegade! Awesome. Our defense is going to be even more brutal this year. Expect HUGE things from #56 this year.....

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Here We GO!!!!!

AngryAsian
05-03-2009, 05:06 PM
This may sound like a homer statement, but with the schedule favoring the Steelers this year, we have such a great chance to repeat. 3 titles in 5 years... sounds dynastic to me.

Djfan
05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
This may sound like a homer statement, but with the schedule favoring the Steelers this year, we have such a great chance to repeat. 3 titles in 5 years... sounds dynastic to me.

Great post A!

Great vid, too.

RuthlessBurgher
05-03-2009, 05:14 PM

My only worry there is that it could be the opposite of what happened following Ben's rookie year.

Ben said back then "We could win fewer than 15 games next year and still be a better team" and it came true, as they went 11-5 in the regular season and won SBXL.

With a much easier schedule next season than last season's gauntlet, I fear that we could have a better win-loss record next season but not have a better team. I think that the fact that we had to face so many heavyweights in the regular season last year made us battle-tested when playoff time rolled around. If we roll over a bunch of cupcakes in the regular season this coming year, there is a chance that they could be overconfident come playoff time when they face some of the elite teams that were not on our regular season schedule. I certainly hope this doesn't happen, but it is a possibility that Tomlin has to watch out for.

proudpittsburgher
05-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Regarding that Harrison return for TD. Seeing it at that angle, it almost looked like there were, (dare I say it) clips from behind or at least from the side so then it's a no call. Maybe not. I'll have to go back and see it again.....

In that situation with our guys running after their guys, we're lucky there weren't any called on us.... You know, like the calls we usually get on punt returns. I think we have more blocking from behind calls on punt returns than any other team in the NFL.... seems that way anyhow.

You may be right, but I heard no mention of the fact that Larry Fitzgerald was forced to the sideline, and made zero attempt to reenter the field of play until the tackle attempt, and was the first person to touch the ball carrier. I thought tackles and recovered fumbles were the same in that regard, that you couldn't run up the field on the sideline then reenter to make the play. Anyone else weigh in on this?

flippy
05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
We have the #1 defense in football, but every game we've needed to win is on ben.......All hail Big Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrz d
05-03-2009, 09:34 PM

You may be right, but I heard no mention of the fact that Larry Fitzgerald was forced to the sideline, and made zero attempt to reenter the field of play until the tackle attempt, and was the first person to touch the ball carrier. I thought tackles and recovered fumbles were the same in that regard, that you couldn't run up the field on the sideline then reenter to make the play. Anyone else weigh in on this?

1) If a player intentionally turns so as not to offer you a frame to block then there is no clipping. The Woodley block is the one that stands out the most as it appears he pushes from behind. If you watch you will see that shortly before he makes his block the player turns his body. No clip.

2) I don't know about not being able to make a play but I do know (just like gunners on the punt team) the player is supposed to make every attempt to re-enter the field of play...and I believe it is illegal to prevent the player from entering the FOP.