PDA

View Full Version : meet the next Barry Sanders...

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
04-29-2009, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixyYRkaC-k

Ok maybe not Barry, but he still looks nice.
He is one of our 13 UDFA signings.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
looks like a decent combination of body control, power and determination.... doesn't look terribly fast, though. if he's a 4.4 guy, he could be a beast.

100$handshake
04-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Prediction: Gone in first round of cuts.

Northern_Blitz
04-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I think it will be difficult for "The Tank" to make the roster, nevermind an UDFA.

We have great depth at RB.

steelblood
04-30-2009, 10:09 AM
That tape was fun to watch. According to the Bowie STate website, Redman is 6'0" 230. In the clips, he looks much smaller.

Now that we've cut Russell, we have a spot open on the 53 man roster (we usually keep 5 -4 rb, 1 fb). Summers may take it or he may end up taking Carey Davis' spot. So, we have 1-2 spots for Summers, Justin Vincent (PS last year), Stefan Logan (former Canadian league guy), and Redman.

I really hope Summers can play enough fullback to take Davis' spot. I'm hoping the 5 backs are...

Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Summers
Redman or Logan (whoever shows the most special teams value in the preseason).

Djfan
04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
That guy just won't go down. In that alone he deserves to replace Davis on the roster.

RuthlessBurgher
04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
That tape was fun to watch. According to the Bowie STate website, Redman is 6'0" 230. In the clips, he looks much smaller.

Now that we've cut Russell, we have a spot open on the 53 man roster (we usually keep 5 -4 rb, 1 fb). Summers may take it or he may end up taking Carey Davis' spot. So, we have 1-2 spots for Summers, Justin Vincent (PS last year), Stefan Logan (former Canadian league guy), and Redman.

I really hope Summers can play enough fullback to take Davis' spot. I'm hoping the 5 backs are...

Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Summers

I don't think there is a need for a 5th RB this year. Parker and Mendy will split the majority of carries. Moore will handle 3rd down duties. Summers can handle short yardage as well as some blocking as a FB. McHugh will function as both a 3rd TE and 2nd FB option (since he is more of an H-back than a true TE anyway). I think this is one place where we can save a roster spot to benefit us elsewhere.

steelblood
04-30-2009, 10:31 AM

Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Summers

I don't think there is a need for a 5th RB this year. Parker and Mendy will split the majority of carries. Moore will handle 3rd down duties. Summers can handle short yardage as well as some blocking as a FB. McHugh will function as both a 3rd TE and 2nd FB option (since he is more of an H-back than a true TE anyway). I think this is one place where we can save a roster spot to benefit us elsewhere.

That is fine to start the season especially if none of the other RBs distinguish themselves. But, very few teams keep only four backs as injuries to running backs happen all the time. But, like I said, if none of the other backs look like NFL talents, we can always sign RBs off the street to fill the roster when we have injuries. Keeping only four backs would allow us to keep another corner.

WoodleyofTroy
04-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Keep in mind that there are always some good veteran Running Backs that end up getting cut as well... if the Steelers feel the need to add a 5th RB.

RuthlessBurgher
04-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Parker
Mendenhall
Moore
Summers

That is fine to start the season especially if none of the other RBs distinguish themselves. But, very few teams keep only four backs as injuries to running backs happen all the time. But, like I said, if none of the other backs look like NFL talents, we can always sign RBs off the street to fill the roster when we have injuries. Keeping only four backs would allow us to keep another corner.

I think they would like to keep another corner this year. Your top 3 are Ike, Gay, and Deshea, but this may be Deshea's last season. So they likely will want to keep both rookies so their top 4 in 2010 would be Ike, Gay, Lewis, and Burnett. Tomlin may want another vet CB like Bryant or Ratliff, he may want a special teams maven like Madison, or he may like a young guy with positional flexibility between corner and safety in Roy Lewis. That is going to be a tough battle in Latrobe this year.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
04-30-2009, 01:28 PM
He is actually 5'10. I saw it on thier roster page.

steelblood
04-30-2009, 03:00 PM

5'10" sounds better.

Here is the link to the 6'0" 230 lbs listing.

http://www.bsubulldogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=263

steelblood
04-30-2009, 03:00 PM

5'10" sounds about right.

Here is the link to the 6'0" 230 lbs listing.

http://www.bsubulldogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=263