PDA

View Full Version : Gary Russell Waived by Bengals

BradshawsHairdresser
04-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

Bungholes also dropped Mike Doss. Remember a few years back when everyone was high on this guy and wanted the Steelers to take him in round 1?

SteelBucks
04-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

Bungholes also dropped Mike Doss. Remember a few years back when everyone was high on this guy and wanted the Steelers to take him in round 1?

Doss had a few good years in Indy before becoming injury prone. Now he's nothing more than a nickel DB.

I see Arizona in Russell's future.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

Doss had a few good years in Indy before becoming injury prone. Now he's nothing more than a nickel DB.

They now that have Beanie, Hightower, and Edge. Although Edge's days in the desert may be numbered.

SteelBucks
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

They now that have Beanie, Hightower, and Edge. Although Edge's days in the desert may be numbered.

I figure Whiz will always make room for an ex-Steeler. :)

Personally, I'd like to see the Steelers bring him back and dump Carey Davis.

buckeyehoppy
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

Whiz and Russell never crossed paths. GRuss signed after the 2007 Draft. Tomlin was already coach by then. It's one thing for Whiz to want to become Steelers West. But I'd think he'd want to do it with players he knows. This wouldn't be the case with GRuss.

I don't know, necessarily, if there's room for more than one between GRuss, Davis and Summers or two if you factor in McHugh.

Just my :2c but I'd want McHugh and Summers if we could only keep two.

Unless someone would be willing to take a flier on him...and there'd be minimal risk for this, GRuss may want to sharpen his grocery bagging or gas pumping skills.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

Yeah.....instead we moved up and chose another safety. Can't remember his name, but turned out to be a Bust(amalu). :lol:

WoodleyofTroy
04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
They released Chris Perry too. I'd take him over Russell, even with his injury problems. Still a lot of talent there. Pretty much having a Kevin Jones in which we attempted to do.

AkronSteel
04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
They released Chris Perry too. I'd take him over Russell, even with his injury problems. Still a lot of talent there. Pretty much having a Kevin Jones in which we attempted to do.

No way bro!!! Chris Perry is a POS, he is soft and has no heart. I know the guy has been injured but he is a typical UM running back......overdrafted and over evaluated!!! I think the guy is terrible.

anger 82&95
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
His criminal background check and toxicology screen must have come back stamped “NEGATIVE- not raider or bengal appropriate.”

fezziwig
04-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Per KFFL.

That didn't last long.

I was going to say the same thing. Russell doesn't fall down when you touch him and can return the ball on special teams. I have no idea why, Carey Davis is on our team. Russell is not a WOW player but, he shows more than Davis.

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2009, 06:36 PM

No way bro!!! Chris Perry is a POS, he is soft and has no heart. I know the guy has been injured but he is a typical UM running back......overdrafted and over evaluated!!! I think the guy is terrible.

C'mon...at least include the funny Barkley pic that somebody used here last week or so:

"The Guy is Turable!"

http://lawofhollywoodland.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/charles-barkley-dui-arrest.jpg

Jom112
04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Everyone was expecting Perry to be cut this offseason. Not too surprised by the Russell cut either. We're going to only keep 3 RB's and it looks like it's going to be Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott and James Johnson.

Perry can't be a #1 RB but as a third down back he'll be really good. I'm guessing we just didn't want to pay him 1st round money to be only a 3rd down back. His hands out of the backfield is as good as anyones. I heard the Cleveland Browns were interested in him if we released him. Hopefully this won't come back to bite us in the arse...

frankthetank1
04-28-2009, 08:38 AM
drafting summers made it very easy to forget about russell. plus he is bigger than russell, i like that a lot

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
We're going to only keep 3 RB's and it looks like it's going to be Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott and James Johnson.

Provided that Bernard Scott isn't tempted to pull a Tatum Bell or Ruben Rivera, and steal a bunch of his teammates' stuff in camp. With that guy's background, I would put it past him.

:bungalssuck

anjang86
04-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Doesn't anybody think that Russell was only signed short term because the Bengals wanted to pick his brain about the Steelers? Or do teams only do that during training camp?

stlrz d
04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Doesn't anybody think that Russell was only signed short term because the Bengals wanted to pick his brain about the Steelers? Or do teams only do that during training camp?

Nah, way too soon for that.