DE-Smith, Keisel, Hood, Eason 4
NT-Hampton, Hoke 2
OLB-Harrison, Woodley, Davis, Bailey, Woods, Harrison 6
ILB-Farrior, Timmons, Foote, Fox 4
CB-Taylor, Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Madison 5
FS-Clark, Townsend 2
SS-Polamalu, Carter 2

Reed, Sepulveda, and Warren to round out the 53

PS (8)- Rashon Harris, Roy Lewis, Retofsky, Capizzi, Reffett, Parquet, David Johnson, Mundy

...that's assuming all 8 of those players are eligible for the PS

papillon
04-26-2009, 10:09 PM
QB- Ben, Dixon, Batch 3
RB- Willie, Mendy, Moore, Summers 4
FB- Davis 1
WR-Hines, Holmes, Sweed, Wallace, Lee Mays, Baker 5
TE-Heath, Spaeth, McHugh 3
OT-Starks, Colon, Hills, 3
OG-Kemo, Urbik, Stapleton, Essex 4
C- Hartwig, Shipley 2

DE-Smith, Keisel, Hood, Eason 4
NT-Hampton, Hoke 2
OLB-Harrison, Woodley, Davis, Bailey, Woods, Harrison 6
ILB-Farrior, Timmons, Foote, Fox 4
CB-Taylor, Gay, Townsend, Lewis, Burnett, Madison 5
FS-Clark, Townsend 2
SS-Polamalu, Carter 2

Reed, Sepulveda, and Warren to round out the 53

PS (8)- Rashon Harris, Roy Lewis, Retofsky, Capizzi, Reffett, Parquet, David Johnson, Mundy

...that's assuming all 8 of those players are eligible for the PS

D rock,

I believe that adds up to 54...just syain. :Beer

Pappy

Northern_Blitz
04-26-2009, 10:13 PM
NFL.com's video on Shipley says he can long snap. Might save a roster spot.

D Rock
04-26-2009, 10:15 PM
I had taken away an offensive player without changing the total numbers. Its fixed now.

papillon
04-26-2009, 10:17 PM
NFL.com's video on Shipley says he can long snap. Might save a roster spot.

I've been advocating this type of thing for years. That would be awesome, but, I doubt they remove the long snapper form the roster, just in case of injury. If you're a gambling man, it would be a helluva deal to be able to add a full time offensive or defensive player instead of a 5-6 play per game player.

Pappy

AkronSteel
04-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I give it a whirl!!!

QB: Roethlisberger............Batch..................D ixon
RB: Parker........................Mendenhall.......... Moore
FB: Summers
WR: Ward........................Sweed................. Wallace
WR: Holmes.....................Ronald Curry
TE: Miller..........................Spaeth............ ....McHugh
LT: Starks........................Essex
LG: Kemoeatu...................Essex
C: Hartwig........................Shipley
RG: Stapleton...................Urbik
RT: Colon.........................Hills

LE: Smith.........................Kirschke
NT: Hampton....................Hoke
RE: Keisel.........................Hood............... .....Eason
LOLB: Woodley.................Davis
LILB: Farrior.....................Fox
RILB: Timmons.................Foote
ROLB: Deebo....................Bailey
LCB: Taylor......................K. Lewis..............Madison
RCB: Gay.........................Ratliff............... ..Burnett
S: Polamalu......................Carter
FS: Clark..........................Townsend

K: Skippy
P: Sepulveda
LS: Warren

I think that Summers wins the FB job and Davis is let go!!! :tt1

I think we will keep an extra DL just like we did last year, Hood is basically replacing Roye on the roster so Eason and Kirschke still make the final 53.

I think that Townsend will serve as our nickle or dime back and also as our backup FS that way we don't have to keep an extra DB just an extra corner and one less safety!!! That team can compete for a title.

I still want the team to pick up a veteran WR to compete with Sweed and Wallace for the 3-4 spots. I think there needs to be another veteran presence there.....I guess we will have to wait and see???

:2c

WoodleyofTroy
04-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Lee Mays?

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Ron Curry signed with the Lions about a week-and-a-half ago.

AkronSteel
04-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Ron Curry signed with the Lions about a week-and-a-half ago.

Well either way the point is to get a vet in here to compete with Sweed and Wallace!!! Curry would have been nice but there are others available that could fill the role!!! Thanks for the info!

Chadman
04-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Alright, Chadman will have a go...

QB- (3)
Ben Roethlisberger, Charlie Batch, Dennis Dixon

RB- (3)
Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore

FB- (2)
Sean McHugh (3rd TE), Frank Summers (Short Yardage)

WR- (5)
Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace (KR), Dallas Baker

TE- (2)
Heath Miller, Matt Speath

OT- (4)
Max Starks, Willie Colon, Trai Essex, Tony Hills

OG- (4)
Chris Kemoeatu, Darnell Stapleton, Kraig Urbik, Doug Legursky

OC- (2)
Justin Hartwig, A.Q. Shipley

DE- (4)
Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Ziggy Hood, Nick Eason

DT- (2)
Casey Hampton, Chris Hoke

OLB- (5)
James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Bruce Davis, Arnold Harrison, Patrick Bailey

ILB- (4)
James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons, Larry Foote, Keyaron Fox

CB- (6)
Ike Taylor, Willie Gay, Deshea Townsend, Keiwan Ratliff, Keenan Lewis, Joe Burnett (PR)

FS- (2)
Ryan Clark, Ryan Mundy

SS- (2)
Troy Polamalu, Tyrone Carter

K- (1)
Jeff Reed

P- (1)
Daniel Sepulveda

LS- (1)
Jared Retkofsky

The 'On The Edge' guys would be Legursky, Ratliff, Mundy & Arnold Harrison. MAYBE Frank Summers if he shows up out of shape. Guys that were touhg to leave out are Ra'Shon Harris, Andre Frasier & Carey Davis. The guys mentioned earlier will battle these three for the last few spots.

The Steelers would free up space by releasing Kirschke. They'd HAVE to extend Max. With no young NT, perhaps extend Casey too- get his number down a little. Anthony Madison's contract cost him a spot. Over 1 million for a ST guy...

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
QB- (3)
Ben Roethlisberger, Dennis Dixon, Charlie Batch

(hopefully, Dixon shows enough progress that he could be active on gameday with Charlie as the emergency 3rd QB. Then we could potentially take advantage of some trickeration at times).

RB- (3)

(all of these RB's have a role in the offense and will be active on gameday)

FB- (1)
Frank Summers

(can function as a short-yardage RB, blocking FB, and can catch passes out of the backfield. This saves a roster spot. Nice knowing you Carey Davis.)

WR- (5)
Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace, Dallas Baker

(Mike Wallace will be active on gamedays as a rookie strictly for his return skills. He may get an occassional look at WR in 4 WR sets, but when we spread it out, it is usually 3 WR with Heath and Moore. His rookie stats may be similar to Sweed's rookie year...in the neighborhood of 6 catches. But his speed as a kick returner will look incredible when compared to the Russell and Davenport kick returns of the past few years. Dallas Baker will likely be inactive on gameday more often than not.)

TE- (3)
Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, Sean McHugh

(McHugh can also split time at FB with Summers)

OT- (4)
Max Starks, Willie Colon, Tony Hills, Ramon Foster

(I had to have at least one UDFA make the final 53, and Foster seemed like the best candidate)

OG- (4)
Chris Kemoeatu, Kraig Urbik, Darnell Stapleton, Trai Essex

(I predict that Urbik wins the starting RG job in camp over Stapleton. Both Stapleton and Essex are active on gamedays, though, since Stapleton can back up center or guard and Essex can backup tackle or guard. Their versatility allows the team to dress only 7 o-lineman at times, allowing other special teams demons to be active instead of more big uglies)

OC- (2)

(Shipley will be inactive pretty much throughout his rookie year. If Hartwig gets hurt, Stapleton will likely replace him. Shipley could compete with Stapleton for the starting gig in 2010, since Hartwig's contract is expiring)

DE- (5)
Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Travis Kirschke, Nick Eason, Ziggy Hood

(I like the Hood pick for the future, but it takes a while to learn the DE position in a 3-4 scheme. Hood will most likely be inactive for much of his rookie season while he acclimates, while message board posters everywhere label him a bust before he even gets an opportunity to show anything)

DT- (2)

(Hopefully, we aren't subjected to Casey running laps in Latrobe again)

OLB- (5)
James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Patrick Bailey, Donovan Woods, Bruce Davis

(Bruce Davis is still the best OLB prospect out of the backups, but Bailey and Woods see more time on the field due to their special teams prowess, which is not underestimated by this coaching staff)

ILB- (4)

(The top 3 ILB's might all rotate to keep all of them fresh. You could see Farrior-Foote for a few plays, followed by Timmons-Foote for a couple, then Farrior-Timmons, etc. Key Fox will continue to lead our ST coverage units)

CB- (5)
Ike Taylor, Willie Gay, Deshea Townsend, Joe Burnett, Keenan Lewis

(Even though Lewis was a 3rd round pick and Burnett was a 5th round pick, Burnett is more likely to be active on gamedays as a rookie due to his punt return skills)

FS- (2)
Ryan Clark, Roy Lewis

(I had a hard time deciding between Roy Lewis and Ryan Mundy here. Whichever one doesn't make the final 53 will undoubtedly be placed on the practice squad)

SS- (2)

(I highly doubt that the team would keep both Lewis and Mundy as two inexperienced backups behind Troy and Clark, especially since Clark will likely not be able to make the trip to Denver, they would like to have a veteran option available, which is how Carter lasts another year)

K- (1)
Jeff Reed

P- (1)
Daniel Sepulveda

LS- (1)
Greg Warren

Practice Squad: S Ryan Mundy, OL Doug Legursky, DL Ra'Shon Harris, TE David Johnson, S Derrick Richardson, LB Andy Schantz, WR Brandon Williams, RB Justin Vincent

calmkiller
04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
QB- (3)

RB- (3)
Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore,

FB- (1)
Frank Summers

WR- (5)
Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace, Ashley Lelie

TE- (3)
Heath Miller, Matt Speath, Sean McHugh

OT- (4)
Max Starks, Willie Colon, Trai Essex, Tony Hills

OG- (3)
Chris Kemoeatu, Darnell Stapleton, Kraig Urbik,

OC- (2)

DE- (4)

DT- (2)

OLB- (6)
James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Bruce Davis, Arnold Harrison, Patrick Bailey, Andre Fraizer.

ILB- (4)
James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons, Keyaron Fox, Mike Humpel

CB- (6)
Ike Taylor, Willie Gay, Deshea Townsend, Keiwan Ratliff, Keenan Lewis, Joe Burnett (PR)

FS- (2)
Ryan Clark, Ryan Mundy

SS- (2)

K- (1)
Jeff Reed

P- (1)
Daniel Sepulveda

LS- (1)
Jared Retkofsky

Oviedo
04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
QB- (3)
Ben Roethlisberger, Dennis Dixon, Charlie Batch

(hopefully, Dixon shows enough progress that he could be active on gameday with Charlie as the emergency 3rd QB. Then we could potentially take advantage of some trickeration at times).

RB- (3)

(all of these RB's have a role in the offense and will be active on gameday)

FB- (1)
Frank Summers

(can function as a short-yardage RB, blocking FB, and can catch passes out of the backfield. This saves a roster spot. Nice knowing you Carey Davis.)

WR- (5)
Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace, Dallas Baker

(Mike Wallace will be active on gamedays as a rookie strictly for his return skills. He may get an occassional look at WR in 4 WR sets, but when we spread it out, it is usually 3 WR with Heath and Moore. His rookie stats may be similar to Sweed's rookie year...in the neighborhood of 6 catches. But his speed as a kick returner will look incredible when compared to the Russell and Davenport kick returns of the past few years. Dallas Baker will likely be inactive on gameday more often than not.)

TE- (3)
Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, Sean McHugh

(McHugh can also split time at FB with Summers)

OT- (4)
Max Starks, Willie Colon, Tony Hills, Ramon Foster

(I had to have at least one UDFA make the final 53, and Foster seemed like the best candidate)

OG- (4)
Chris Kemoeatu, Kraig Urbik, Darnell Stapleton, Trai Essex

(I predict that Urbik wins the starting RG job in camp over Stapleton. Both Stapleton and Essex are active on gamedays, though, since Stapleton can back up center or guard and Essex can backup tackle or guard. Their versatility allows the team to dress only 7 o-lineman at times, allowing other special teams demons to be active instead of more big uglies)

OC- (2)

(Shipley will be inactive pretty much throughout his rookie year. If Hartwig gets hurt, Stapleton will likely replace him. Shipley could compete with Stapleton for the starting gig in 2010, since Hartwig's contract is expiring)

DE- (5)
Aaron Smith, Brett Keisel, Travis Kirschke, Nick Eason, Ziggy Hood

(I like the Hood pick for the future, but it takes a while to learn the DE position in a 3-4 scheme. Hood will most likely be inactive for much of his rookie season while he acclimates, while message board posters everywhere label him a bust before he even gets an opportunity to show anything)

DT- (2)

(Hopefully, we aren't subjected to Casey running laps in Latrobe again)

OLB- (5)
James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Patrick Bailey, Donovan Woods, Bruce Davis

(Bruce Davis is still the best OLB prospect out of the backups, but Bailey and Woods see more time on the field due to their special teams prowess, which is not underestimated by this coaching staff)

ILB- (4)

(The top 3 ILB's might all rotate to keep all of them fresh. You could see Farrior-Foote for a few plays, followed by Timmons-Foote for a couple, then Farrior-Timmons, etc. Key Fox will continue to lead our ST coverage units)

CB- (5)
Ike Taylor, Willie Gay, Deshea Townsend, Joe Burnett, Keenan Lewis

(Even though Lewis was a 3rd round pick and Burnett was a 5th round pick, Burnett is more likely to be active on gamedays as a rookie due to his punt return skills)

FS- (2)
Ryan Clark, Roy Lewis

(I had a hard time deciding between Roy Lewis and Ryan Mundy here. Whichever one doesn't make the final 53 will undoubtedly be placed on the practice squad)

SS- (2)

(I highly doubt that the team would keep both Lewis and Mundy as two inexperienced backups behind Troy and Clark, especially since Clark will likely not be able to make the trip to Denver, they would like to have a veteran option available, which is how Carter lasts another year)

K- (1)
Jeff Reed

P- (1)
Daniel Sepulveda

LS- (1)
Greg Warren

Practice Squad: S Ryan Mundy, OL Doug Legursky, DL Ra'Shon Harris, TE David Johnson, S Derrick Richardson, LB Andy Schantz, WR Brandon Williams, RB Justin Vincent

I would agree except I think that Ryan Mundy replaces Tyrone Carter. I can't Carter for another year. Shipley will be given every opportunity to take the Long Snapper job to save a roster spot.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
QB- (3)

RB- (3)
Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore,

FB- (1)
Frank Summers

WR- (5)
Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Limas Sweed, Mike Wallace, Ashley Lelie (Nance if no vet)

TE- (3)
Heath Miller, Matt Speath, Sean McHugh

OT- (5)
Max Starks, Willie Colon, Trai Essex, Tony Hills, Jason Capizzi

OG- (3)
Chris Kemoeatu, Darnell Stapleton, Kraig Urbik,

OC- (2)

DE- (4)

DT- (2)

OLB- (5)
James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Bruce Davis, Andre Fraizer, Patrick Bailey.

ILB- (4)

CB- (6)

FS- (2)
Ryan Clark, Ryan Mundy

SS- (2)

K- (1)
Jeff Reed

P- (1)
Daniel Sepulveda

LS- (1)
Jared Retkofsky

Being a PSU homer has me putting Shipley on the 53 over Legursky. I wouldn't be surprised to see Legursky take that spot this year and Shipley to PS. If Shipley can long snap, he should be on the 53. Then maybe Harris stays on unless he outright beats out Eason. I have Davis, Kirschke, & Madison being cap cuts. I don't think A Harrison will be 100% which he will need to make the 53. Davis steps it up on ST and dresses...Finally. Capizzi finally makes the 53. Bryant vs Ratliff should be interesting. I think Ratliff fits the scheme better. I'm hoping the Steelers bring in a vet S. Carter is serviceable but make the roster based upon experience. Mundy should grow into a solid player but I don't know if he is ready in year 2 after missing year 1 with an injury. Cap will limit the possibilities but Doss is out there and Huff is rumored to be released. Probably more then we want to spend but we could use an upgrade over Carter.

Slapstick
04-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Guess what, boys...

Anthony Madison signed the tender offer that the Steelers issued...once he signs it, it's guaranteed and the Steelers can't rescind it...

Incidentally, Carey Davis did the same thing...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Guess what, boys...

Anthony Madison signed the tender offer that the Steelers issued...once he signs it, it's guaranteed and the Steelers can't rescind it...

Incidentally, Carey Davis did the same thing...

I do believe RFA tenders are not guranteed. The franchise & transition tags are guranteed. A vet's salary who is on the 53 on week 1 is guranteed. We should check on this.

Slapstick
04-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I do believe RFA tenders are not guranteed. The franchise & transition tags are guranteed. A vet's salary who is on the 53 on week 1 is guranteed. We should check on this.

An RFA tender is a one year contract...if the team offers it and the player accepts, I believe that the team is liable...if the team offers and the player does not accept (Leroy Hill) the team can rescind...

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2009, 03:34 PM

An RFA tender is a one year contract...if the team offers it and the player accepts, I believe that the team is liable...if the team offers and the player does not accept (Leroy Hill) the team can rescind...

LeRoy Hill's franchise tag was rescinded. That is not the same things as an RFA tender.

Slapstick
04-28-2009, 04:15 PM
LeRoy Hill's franchise tag was rescinded. That is not the same things as an RFA tender.

But it's the same principle...if Hill had signed the one year contract, the Seahags would be stuck...kind of like the Steelers are with Starks....

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM

But it's the same principle...if Hill had signed the one year contract, the Seahags would be stuck...kind of like the Steelers are with Starks....

Hill's contract/tender was a franchise tag and like I stated guranteed if sugned. Franchise & Transition tags are guranteed if signed by the player. Starks is guranteed that even if the Steelers cut him (Example). Hill never signed his so they could rescind the offer whick makes him a FA. I do believe RFA tenders are not guranteed if signed. If they decide to cut Davis, Madison, etc. the Steelers are not responsible for the tender and it is not held against the cap. If the Steelers cut them after week one, they fall into the "guranteed vet" rule where I believe their salary is guranteed. Like I said, someone might have a link to the RFA tender rules.

Slapstick
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
I'll look over the CBA, but I believe that the salary is guaranteed...it follows the same principle as the franchise and transition tags because by signing the tender offer, the player is giving u his right to negotiate a better contract with another team...

This is from an ESPN blog:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968581

Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free-agent tackle Willie Colon signed his one-year tender Tuesday evening that will guarantee him $2.189 million for the 2009 season, according to Colon's agent Joe Linta. The signing means Colon can no longer negotiate with another team.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I'll look over the CBA, but I believe that the salary is guaranteed...it follows the same principle as the franchise and transition tags because by signing the tender offer, the player is giving u his right to negotiate a better contract with another team...

This is from an ESPN blog:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3968581

Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free-agent tackle Willie Colon signed his one-year tender Tuesday evening that will guarantee him $2.189 million for the 2009 season, according to Colon's agent Joe Linta. The signing means Colon can no longer negotiate with another team.

That is where I'm confused. Here are other articles stating differently.
http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/con ... FL&id=3529 (http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player.asp?sport=NFL&id=3529)
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/ ... ns-tender/ (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/colon-signs-tender/)

I think he is only guranteed that contract if he is on the 53 opening day. Could be wrong so that is where we are at until we clarify.