PDA

View Full Version : Browns, are they Super Bowl bound again ?

fezziwig
04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
How soon will it be before the Browns fans come to this site and start telling us how they will win this seasons division and possibly the Super Bowl ?

Seems all that franchise does is, rebuild, fire head coaches, hire head coaches, assistant hires and fires, players heading in and out of the revolving door, losing and having the Steelers break their hearts year after year. Oh yeah, they're a career killer to any quality football player that they happen to get.

Did I miss anything ?

proudpittsburgher
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
How soon will it be before the Browns fans come to this site and start telling us how they will win this seasons division and possibly the Super Bowl ?

Seems all that franchise does is, rebuild, fire head coaches, hire head coaches, assistant hires and fires, players heading in and out of the revolving door, losing and having the Steelers break their hearts year after year. Oh yeah, they're a career killer to any quality football player that they happen to get.

Did I miss anything ?

Well, since they haven't played a game yet, then I suspect they will be yapping until training camp, then it will be all downhill from there.

NorthCoast
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Well living in Brownland I can tell you the immediate reaction from the media and fans on their draft ranges from disappointment to down right disgust. They are livid that they did not pick up Melauaga (sp?). They think Mack was a wasted pick.

As an outsider I will say that Mangina pull a real coup in this draft. Went in with only 5 picks and came out with 10, I think. They are putting the pieces together for a solid OL first with Thomas now Mack. Question is can they find all the other pieces before the next coaching turnover. I expect them to pick up another win or two this year.

BATMAN
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I noticed the chorus of boos when Mack was picked and one annoucer made comment that, he was a work in project.

DukieBoy
04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Well living in Brownland I can tell you the immediate reaction from the media and fans on their draft ranges from disappointment to down right disgust. They are livid that they did not pick up Melauaga (sp?). They think Mack was a wasted pick.

As an outsider I will say that Mangina pull a real coup in this draft. Went in with only 5 picks and came out with 10, I think. They are putting the pieces together for a solid OL first with Thomas now Mack. Question is can they find all the other pieces before the next coaching turnover. I expect them to pick up another win or two this year.

I think every team in the AFCNorth will be better this coming year compared with last. Of course, last year's bar for the Browns and Bengals was set pretty low, but still I think they both stand a chance to be significantly better this coming year. IMO

BATMAN
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure about the Ravens being better if Flaco hits the sophmore wall.

Bengals, I don't know because of the loss of T.J. but, maybe the next guy can add too.

Browns, who the heck knows ? Mangini at this point will be the reason if those sad sacks get better. Too much doubt already who, will be the starting QB.

Steelers, I see possibly doing better by one regular season win and feel we can actually win another Super Bowl.

One thing that I would like to bet upon, the Lions will best their last seasons record. I know I'm out on a limb here but, I've got to strut my stuff about this one.

stlrz d
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/browns-mascot.jpg

Oviedo
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure about the Ravens being better if Flaco hits the sophmore wall.

Bengals, I don't know because of the loss of T.J. but, maybe the next guy can add too.

Browns, who the heck knows ? Mangini at this point will be the reason if those sad sacks get better. Too much doubt already who, will be the starting QB.

Steelers, I see possibly doing better by one regular season win and feel we can actually win another Super Bowl.

One thing that I would like to bet upon, the Lions will best their last seasons record. I know I'm out on a limb here but, I've got to strut my stuff about this one.

I agree and I think Flacco gets exposed like Derek Anderson did. If I had to pick the order of finsish right now I would say:

Steelers
Bumgals
Ravens
Browns

fezziwig
04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
They keep giving props to Flaco on Bens behalf in my opinion. Flaco is tall like Ben and is getting a free ride because of Ben in my opinion. Granted, Ben did well just like Flaco did with a good defense but, put that all aside and Ben is a heck of a lot better QB than Flaco and always will be in my opinion.

I also noticed that no one from the associated press or annoucers gush over Ben like they do with the Mannings, Palmer or their so called elite quarterbacks and some or many go as far to say," Ben is not an elite QB at this time of his career. " Funny that no one wants to give him his props but, during the draft and everything prior and that follows, these same people keep using Ben as the bench mark to evaluate these young and upcoming quaterbacks.

buckeyehoppy
04-27-2009, 02:28 PM

THE CLOWNS = LORDS OF THE OFF-SEASON!!!

They didn't improve what they needed to on D. So, I guess from that standpoint the anger over selecting Mack over Maualuga is justified.

But Mack was the BPA at his position in the entire draft. The Manvirus might have reached, but it's doubtful that the perception will stay that way. Mack WILL BE their starting C from Game 1 forward and they will move Fraley to RG.

But the Clowns put most of their eggs in one basket reaching for Veikune. That may be worse as the Steelers drafting Bruce Davis last year. That kid better hit a home freaking run right out of camp. David Veikune = Chaun Thompson...and they were drafted in the same round...LOL.

SteelBucks
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM

Did I miss anything ?

Well, since they haven't played a game yet, then I suspect they will be yapping until training camp, then it will be all downhill from there.

Wash, rinse, and repeat.

AngryAsian
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM

I think every team in the AFCNorth will be better this coming year compared with last. Of course, last year's bar for the Browns and Bengals was set pretty low, but still I think they both stand a chance to be significantly better this coming year. IMO

I agree, dukie. Both the Browns and Bungoles got some solid pickups over the weekend. I think Mangina can do some damage as HC. I'm actually more concerned about the Browns as I am the Ravens.

papillon
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM

I agree, dukie. Both the Browns and Bungoles got some solid pickups over the weekend. I think Mangina can do some damage as HC. I'm actually more concerned about the Browns as I am the Ravens.

The Ravens are my concern; Harbaugh has proven he can win in the AFCN and Mangini hasn't proven he can win anywhere, yet. Harbaugh's a good coach and they have a good defense; that's a positive recipe for success in the AFCN, IMO.

Pappy

Snatch98
04-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I don't know about Super Bowl but some are predicting 50 plus TD passes for Quinn because they added Mack, Robiskie and Massaquoi lol.

calmkiller
04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
They didn't kill Quincey Morgan's career.