PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly enthralled in Cleveland...

papillon
04-26-2009, 08:52 AM
I thought you might enjoy reading what the Brown's fans thought of their day one. They aren't exactly calling for the off-season Super Bowl championship. :P

Mods, do what you need to with this one, but, it could provide some entertainment for a day or two.

To the Browns :moon and to the Steelers who will probably get a better day grade with one pick that the Browns with 4. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

buckeyehoppy
04-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought you might enjoy reading what the Brown's fans thought of their day one. They aren't exactly calling for the off-season Super Bowl championship. :P

Mods, do what you need to with this one, but, it could provide some entertainment for a day or two.

To the Browns :moon and to the Steelers who will probably get a better day grade with one pick that the Browns with 4. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

Outside of getting Mack...and he gets an immediate starting job by becoming a Clown...they had a train wreck in the 2nd Round.

They reached w/Massaquoi and that DE whose name escapes me...and will probably escape them at some point as well, FWIW. And Robiskie is a wimp, plain and simple...watched him at tOSU and I'm ELATED that the Clowns took him because it will be easy to mark him in the NFL.

The Lords of the Offseason did NOTHING to improve in the 2nd Round.

WoodleyofTroy
04-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Mack looks good to us, but when you're picking #5 overall..they're suppose to come away with some bigger names on paper.

steelers43
04-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I thought it was hilarious that the centers were pushed up the board and a much better player and value fell to us.

I never liked the thought of a center in round 1.

Draft the defensive and talent guys, develop the fatties.

Eddie Spaghetti
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
i hear you 43.

cleveland didn't have the luxury of taking a 1st round center.

WoodleyofTroy
04-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I thought it was hilarious that the centers were pushed up the board and a much better player and value fell to us.

Or it's hilarious that you undervalued the worth of the Centers this year. Mack and Wood clearly would of been the BPA at #32.

frankthetank1
04-26-2009, 11:09 AM

Or it's hilarious that you undervalued the worth of the Centers this year. Mack and Wood clearly would of been the BPA at #32.

mack or wood would have been excellent picks at 32. i thought the browns trade with the jets was much better for the browns, but if you dont use the picks wisely its a waste. mack was a good pick but thats it. i was shocked they took robiske

Snatch98
04-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Mack looks good to us, but when you're picking #5 overall..they're suppose to come away with some bigger names on paper.

Dude they traded down 3 times from 5 to select Mack.

pick6
04-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I live in cleveland so i have to chime in on this one. First, we have to temper our hate for the browns with the reality of what happened. yes the mack pick was strange but when we notice that eric mangini has first hand knowledge of what having an all pro center (nick mangold) can do for your offense, the pick makes a little more sense. An excellent center is necessary to go against the Steelers and the ravens 25% percent of your season, every season!!! As for Robiskie, with all do respect, you guys are way off the mark about this kid. ROBISKIE IS A TOP 5 RECIEVER COMING OUT THIS YEAR. i really want to say top 3. Excellent Hands, size, perfect route runner, polished, tons of upside, more than adequate speed, did I mention his height. i am pissed that they got robiskie, but it is the browns so they won't know what to do with him. The browns needed LB help bad. the fact that they passed on rey m. from USC says alot. special teams ace brian cushing went before rey m., amazing. And this stuff about duke robinson should have been picked by us earlier. no way. his feet are stuck in tons of dry cement. he reaches, he does not move his feet.

frankthetank1
04-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I live in cleveland so i have to chime in on this one. First, we have to temper our hate for the browns with the reality of what happened. yes the mack pick was strange but when we notice that eric mangini has first hand knowledge of what having an all pro center (nick mangold) can do for your offense, the pick makes a little more sense. An excellent center is necessary to go against the Steelers and the ravens 25% percent of your season, every season!!! As for Robiskie, with all do respect, you guys are way off the mark about this kid. ROBISKIE IS A TOP 5 RECIEVER COMING OUT THIS YEAR. i really want to say top 3. Excellent Hands, size, perfect route runner, polished, tons of upside, more than adequate speed, did I mention his height. i am pissed that they got robiskie, but it is the browns so they won't know what to do with him. The browns needed LB help bad. the fact that they passed on rey m. from USC says alot. special teams ace brian cushing went before rey m., amazing. And this stuff about duke robinson should have been picked by us earlier. no way. his feet are stuck in tons of dry cement. he reaches, he does not move his feet.

if robiskie is so good then why are you pissed they took him? they possibly could have had mack, robiskie and rey m if they wanted to. that would have been one hell of a draft

pick6
04-26-2009, 12:11 PM
i am pissed because i don't want the browns to have good players.

frankthetank1
04-26-2009, 12:15 PM

wouldnt worry. its been proven even good players dont last in cleveland. even if they dont trade edwards, how good is edwards really? he is their best offensive player and he drops a ton of balls. the browns will never be any threat.

stlrz d
04-26-2009, 12:19 PM

He's always had that "philosophy" that you can just take big bodies and make them into o linemen.

feltdizz
04-26-2009, 12:20 PM
I have a problem with teams who pick home town players... like drafting Quinn because he was from Ohio or maybe reaching for Robiskie because of the tOSU connecion. Now maybe they were picking based on skill....

pick6
04-26-2009, 12:28 PM

wouldnt worry. its been proven even good players dont last in cleveland. even if they dont trade edwards, how good is edwards really? he is their best offensive player and he drops a ton of balls. the browns will never be any threat.
yeah you're right. but robiskie will not drop those balls. his father has raised him to be a wide out from the time he could walk. im telling you, this kid is polished. but you allude to the fact that it takes a team to win in the Nfl and your right, the browns suck. im glad they didn't get cutler. but the fact that mangini tried, scared me. i thought he was satisfied with quinn and anderson but apparently he knows that those guys can't beat us. well at least they still don't have a qb that can deal with us. (that's the same for 98% of the nfl)

phillyesq
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM

Have no fear. One trip to the trainer's table, and he'll end up with a staph infection.

SteelTorch
04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
I would not be surprised if the Browns, Ravens, and Bengals took O-line just so we wouldn't get them. Because imagine how tough it would be for them if we actually had a strong O-line.

:ratsuck :brownssuck :bungalssuck

feltdizz
04-27-2009, 10:17 AM

He's always had that "philosophy" that you can just take big bodies and make them into o linemen.

I actually agree with 43 on this D..

I would have been surprised if we went OL the first round. I think OL in the 1st is only needed if you have a Tommy Maddox type QB with no feet.

stlrz d
04-27-2009, 10:37 AM

I actually agree with 43 on this D..

I would have been surprised if we went OL the first round. I think OL in the 1st is only needed if you have a Tommy Maddox type QB with no feet.

I only question the "you can turn any big body into an O lineman" philosophy. O linemen are very athletic big men. It's not like they are simply large, fleshy boards in a human picket fence. They have to be able to move their feet, maintain balance, use leverage, recognize stunts, etc, etc, etc.... You can't just take some big guy, plug him in, give him some coaching and expect that he'll do a good job. If he doesn't have some skills to begin with (which is true of all athletes) then forget about it.

grotonsteel
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Stains made a mistake by drafting a C in Rd 1. Stains have more glaring needs on their D. I believe they should have drafted Crabtree or Orakpo. M Crabtree+Woods (assuming Steelers don't take Wood at 32)>>>> Mack+Robiskie.

Alex MAck will be turned into turnstile by Ziggy..

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Stains made a mistake by drafting a C in Rd 1. Stains have more glaring needs on their D. I believe they should have drafted Crabtree or Orakpo. M Crabtree+Woods (assuming Steelers don't take Wood at 32)>>>> Mack+Robiskie.

Alex MAck will be turned into turnstile by Ziggy..

It would have had to be Crabtree and Unger, since Wood was taken by Buffalo at #28.

Oviedo
04-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't understand Cleveland's reaction. Getting Alex mack should have made the entire draft. he was the best player to come out of college in the last 25 years. Just by having him on your roster all but guarantees a trip to the Super Bowl. Most defensive linemen won't even show up on game day knowing they might have to face Alex Mack :stirpot

buckeyehoppy
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't understand Cleveland's reaction. Getting Alex mack should have made the entire draft. he was the best player to come out of college in the last 25 years. Just by having him on your roster all but guarantees a trip to the Super Bowl. Most defensive linemen won't even show up on game day knowing they might have to face Alex Mack :stirpot

LOL!

Mack will be their starting C to open the season, guaranteed. That said, he'll have a harsh learning curve facing Casey twice this year...welcome to the NFL, a-hole!!!

I don't know if the shoe will exactly fit, but:

Alex Mack = Jeff Faine??? There's some :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot for ya!!!

steelblood
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
As for Robiskie, with all do respect, you guys are way off the mark about this kid. ROBISKIE IS A TOP 5 RECIEVER COMING OUT THIS YEAR. i really want to say top 3. Excellent Hands, size, perfect route runner, polished, tons of upside, more than adequate speed, did I mention his height. i am pissed that they got robiskie, but it is the browns so they won't know what to do with him. .

Robiske will be a good possession receiver in the NFL. But, he does not have "tons of upside." In fact, he has little upside as he is as close to a finished product as there is coming out of college. THe "upside" moniker is usually reserved for players that are raw in some way.

buckeyehoppy
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Robiske will be a good possession receiver in the NFL. But, he does not have "tons of upside." In fact, he has little upside as he is as close to a finished product as there is coming out of college. THe "upside" moniker is usually reserved for players that are raw in some way.

Bingo! And this is why I feel that he won't do much in the pros. He ALWAYS had a problem going over the middle at Ohio State. That problem doesn't just go away in the NFL. And if defenses know that he is only a deep threat, he'll be that much easier to mark. And assuming that he really has limited upside to improve his game, remember this...the defenses don't regress once you get to the NFL. He should be thinking an SEC or USC secondary in every game. That, all of a sudden, makes him a VERY ordinary player.

True Fan
04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
a week ago the 'fans' on here were clamoring for mack and robiskie. now that they got drafted by some other team, they suck :roll:

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2009, 06:33 PM
a week ago the 'fans' on here were clamoring for mack and robiskie. now that they got drafted by some other team, they suck :roll:

Mack should improve the interior of Cleveland's o-line greatly. He's way better than the center we drafted. But Robiskie is a complementary WR at best. He was solid enough on the college level, but are there any attributes that will stand out on the next level? The other WR they drafted, Massaquoi, has more upside than Robiskie.