PDA

View Full Version : Dale Lolly's Guess on Early Targets

costanza2k1
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... rgets.html (http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/04/who-are-early-targets.html)

SUNDAY, APRIL 26, 2009
Who are the early targets?
With three picks in the third round of Sunday's NFL draft, the Steelers have plenty of ammunition to make some noise.

Here are some of the guys who are still available who could draw their interest:

Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma - He doesn't move as well as the Steelers might like, but some mock drafts a month ago had him going to the Steelers in the first round. I didn't like that, but in the third round, he'd be OK.

D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt - If he were an inch taller than the 5-8 and change he measured at the combine, he'd already be gone.

Coye Frances, CB, San Jose State - At 6-0, 185 pounds, he just needs to put on five or so pounds. But he's intriguing.

Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forest - A big safety who could help on special teams and possibly spell the end of Tyrone Carter's stay on the roster.

Jamon Meridith, OT-G, South Carolina - Played tackle in college, but may project better to guard in the pros. He's a more athletic Trai Essex.

Mike Thomas, WR-KR, Arizona - An electric return man who's only 5-8. But he can play.
POSTED BY DALE LOLLEY AT 12:06 AM

Chadman
04-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Add Herman Johnson & AQ Shipley to that list.

Chadman is betting 2 Lineman (either D Or O) and a CB.

D.J. Moore, Herman Johnson & A.Q. Shipley would be a nice round.

Oviedo
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
I'd love to hear Andrew Gardner, AQ Shipley, Terrence Taylor and Joe Burnett's names somewhere for our Steelers during Day 2.

phillyesq
04-26-2009, 08:48 AM
I'd love to hear Andrew Gardner, AQ Shipley, Terrence Taylor and Joe Burnett's names somewhere for our Steelers during Day 2.

I'll second Joe Burnett. Urbick could also make sense.

flippy
04-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Keep going with the DLine, ILB, and CB.

Big Ben + D = Championships

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Keep going with the DLine, ILB, and CB.

Big Ben + D = Championships

A healthy Big Ben + D = Championships. A couple of quality o-lineman in the 3rd would be what the doctor ordered. Then you could but your focus back on that D.

Steel Life
04-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Lawrence Sidbury (OLB) & TJ Lang (OT) please....