PDA

View Full Version : 10 Random Draft Day thoughts,.....

SteelCzar76
04-25-2009, 03:51 AM
1) Has anyone thought about what our pass rush would be like were we to Land Rey Maualuga ? How could an opposing team block him and Woodley with any consistency when they have to account for Aaron, Hamp and Silverback with two bodies each to do so effectively? (Along with one for Keisel) That's insane pressure on any offense in the league,.....

2) What are the odds that Michael Crabtree falls out of the top seven ? And will robiskie sneak into the 1st ?

3) And also,.. even with all the hype,.. will a team actually select Darius Butler in the 1st.(In light of his lack of production at the collegiate level)

4) Will the Rams go with the Monstrous Jason Smith,.. or Mark Sanchez as they must realize that "they'll never go platinum" with Bulger ?

5) Will the Saints go with Beanie or Jenkins ? And if it's Beanie,...does Jenkins fall into the 20's ?

6) Whose going to be the "WTF" 2nd round grade pick made by a team in the top 20 this year ?

7) Will this draft class prove the pundits wrong whom consider it weak by providing more all pro and or impact players than they imagined ? Or will it as Draft detractors say (much like Christmas) prove to be an overrated spectacle that just generates funds via "hoopla".

8: Will the Patsies pull a fast one and be able to move into the top ten by packaging picks ?

9) How far will Percy Harvin actually fall ? If he gets past the Raiders, Jets and Vikings, how do the Ravens, Giants and Titans pass on him ? (Especially the Rats as they would love to give us a dose of "Tha Bizness" that Santo consistently gives to them)

10) And finally,..... will at least a quarter of the SteelerNation commit seppuku if Tomlin and Co do not select Mack, Unger or Wood in the first round ? :lol:

Your thoughts and or responses gentlemen ?,........

Discipline of Steel
04-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Uglies! Uglies! Uglies!

Steel Life
04-25-2009, 02:34 PM
I'll add...

1) The thing I find the most interesting about the draft is seeing what "premium" player starts free-falling down the draft. I'm not talking about the guy who slides a bit, but the one who just keeps falling - one year it was Antaaj Hawthorne, another it was Rod White...is it Harvin this year?

2) Conversely, watching the surprise player who unexpectedly gets drafted high is always a blast because of the genuine reaction by the announcers & the affect it has on the rest of the draft. Tyson Jackson is flying right now, but who else might surprise?

3) I hope the Pats spend a bunch of picks trying to land a "splash" player...because if the one pick doesn't pan out, then they've wasted an opportunity to build for the future.

4) I've given up on trying to predict the top picks, there are so many directions & so many good players that might be there at 32...Nicks, Mack, Ziggy, Harvin, Lauranitas. Big names are easy to project onto our roster, but what about guys like Veikune, Walker, Kruger, Miller, Quinn & Summers? - All could be solid additions & potential starters.

5) I wonder why more teams take players who won't make it & re-train for new positions like Buffalo did with Jason Peters (TE to OT) & Brandon Moore (DT to OG). You look at some of the lower-rated offensive linemen & wonder with their size & strength if they could be converted to 5-Technique Defensive linemen?

6) In my heart I really want Pat White on the team.

7) I think Sidbury & Veikune would be special on our defense.

8) I'm cautious about the over-aged prospects like Moala & Rulon Davis.

9) I think Hakeem Nicks is a serious consideration both Hines & Santonio are nearing the end of their contracts.

10) And finally - I'd like for Colbert to have a legendary draft...or at least have a both a good 1st & 2ND day. GO STEELERS! :tt2

Ozey74
04-25-2009, 03:29 PM
I have a hunch that we will be taking Robiskie in Round #1. Taking an O-Lineman seems too predictible, & we all know how unpredictible the draft is.

:tt2

TCB
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I have a hunch that we will be taking Robiskie in Round #1. Taking an O-Lineman seems too predictible, & we all know how unpredictible the draft is.

I hope you are wrong. IMHO, Robiskie is a 2nd or 3rd round, at best, talent.

Ozey74
04-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Now that Hines signed an extension, my hunch is now gone. Robiskie is a early 2nd round talant, IMO.

My new hope is a DL slips to us at #32.

TCB
04-25-2009, 04:18 PM