PDA

View Full Version : blockbuster?

steelcityrules!!
04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
OK, this is real far-fetched I know...
but KC is now a 3-4 team correct?
they are lacking the 3-4 players, are sitting at #3, and have limited draft picks.

purely hypothetical, but with all the "trade hampton and foote" talk on here, do you swap #32 and #3 and give KC hampton AND foote?

thats roughly $11 mill off of our books and a top 5 pick coming in.

wow.
eugene monroe or jason smith?
tyson jackson?

not only would that be rediculous news, talk about an exciting move for the superbowl champs and us fans.

Snatch98
04-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Hampton and Foote wouldn't carry that kind of trade weight, at least I don't think so.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Hampton and Foote wouldn't carry that kind of trade weight, at least I don't think so.
furthermore, losing hampton would hurt like a mofo... THEN, your stuck with paying #3 overall a lotta damned $$...

steelcityrules!!
04-25-2009, 06:57 AM
furthermore, losing hampton would hurt like a mofo... THEN, your stuck with paying #3 overall a lotta damned $$...

I thought of that as well, and possibly if this was to shake out, maybe green bay at #9 would be a tad easier to pull off.

don't really know who the target would be at that point, and might not even be worth it unless Ty Jackson was to be sitting there.

flippy
04-25-2009, 08:16 AM
why not trade larry to detroit and swap 1s with them?

steelcityrules!!
04-25-2009, 08:29 AM

Thats probably much more realistic.
I'm back down to earth.

:D

RuthlessBurgher
04-25-2009, 09:40 AM

Because the difference on the trade value chart between pick #32 (590 pts.) and pick #20 (850 pts.) is 260 points.

For perspective, our pick in the second round at #64 is worth 270 points. There is no way that Detroit would value Larry Foote that highly.

frankthetank1
04-25-2009, 11:24 AM
the picks are way off for the value of hampton but i think they should consider trading foote. if they had more depth at nt or on the dline period i might feel differently. the only thing is we probably wouldnt get much for foote either but he most likely wont be re-signed so at least they would get something for him