PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to trade up

steelerkeylargo
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
signing Raitliff eliminates a first 3 rounds CB. Look for the steelers to package their 2nd 3rd and 5th rounders for a move up to the middle of the 2nd round. Possibly the Dolphins or Giants at picks 44 or 45.

papillon
04-24-2009, 01:40 PM
signing Raitliff eliminates a first 3 rounds CB. Look for the steelers to package their 2nd 3rd and 5th rounders for a move up to the middle of the 2nd round. Possibly the Dolphins or Giants at picks 44 or 45.

Who will be available there that is worth giving up that many picks?

Pappy

SteelerNation1
04-24-2009, 01:45 PM

Pappy
Moala or Gilbert I think

pfelix73
04-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, if they do somehting like that, and they might, if they would geta Ron Brace or Gilbert and one of those Centers or even Beatty that would be a good first day, IMO.

papillon
04-24-2009, 02:07 PM

Pappy
Moala or Gilbert I think

I thought many people had one of them available at 2.64? Maybe, I'm thinking of someone else...it sucks to get old. Here's a hell yea to tomorrow's draft. :tt2

Pappy

ramblinjim
04-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Well, if they do somehting like that, and they might, if they would geta Ron Brace or Gilbert and one of those Centers or even Beatty that would be a good first day, IMO.

That could be a heck of a first day! :Agree

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Lebsteel
04-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Mack and Gilbert would make the whole draft for us, well almost.....it would certainly be a great Day 1!

steelblood
04-24-2009, 03:56 PM
It is a one year deal. It doesn't eliminate our need for CB depth with Deshea likely leaving next year and Ike's contract running out in two.

steelerkeylargo
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
It is a one year deal. It doesn't eliminate our need for CB depth with Deshea likely leaving next year and Ike's contract running out in two.

Absolutely right! It would appear to eliminate a need to take a corner in rounds 1-3 though. At the very least it opens up more possibilities of a trade up! :2c

steelcityrules!!
04-24-2009, 09:53 PM
how many teams has ratliff bounced around over the last 4 years?
this guy is FAR from secure in keeping a roster spot, let alone a place in our rotation.

if anything, he's a vet to push our guys in camp.
seriously, if his signing has an impact on the draft, it's to bluff another team into letting a top CB fall to us.

I'm not hating on ratliff, I'm just being realistic.

papillon
04-24-2009, 10:30 PM
how many teams has ratliff bounced around over the last 4 years?
this guy is FAR from secure in keeping a roster spot, let alone a place in our rotation.

if anything, he's a vet to push our guys in camp.
seriously, if his signing has an impact on the draft, it's to bluff another team into letting a top CB fall to us.

I'm not hating on ratliff, I'm just being realistic.

:Hater :P

Pappy