PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Colbert

papillon
04-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Kevin Colbert's Accomplishments (http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m4d24-Pittsburgh-Steeler-report-Colbert-a-huge-reason-for-Steelers-draft-success)

This is a rather telling article backed with fact.
Coincidence of Detroit's demise and the Steelers rise? I don't think so. Enjoy!

I hope this wasn't posted, I didn't see any Colbert is great threads. :stirpot

Pappy

BURGH86STEEL
04-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I think Colbert and the organization have done a great job. Cannot argue with the results.

ramblinjim
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Kevin Colbert's Accomplishments (http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m4d24-Pittsburgh-Steeler-report-Colbert-a-huge-reason-for-Steelers-draft-success)

Pappy

Nice article Pap. We've definitely had some good drafts and a little bit of luck. We all bash him some about our Oline but the starting Oline in the Super Bowl from left to right is

A third rounder
a sixth rounder
Not sure where Hartwig was drafted
an undrated free agent
and a fifth rounder.

These guys are not the Hogs or the Olines of the late 90's but they got better with time last year. Colbert needs to be given some credit.

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Pappy

Nice article Pap. We've definitely had some good drafts and a little bit of luck. We all bash him some about our Oline but the starting Oline in the Super Bowl from left to right is

A third rounder
a sixth rounder
Not sure where Hartwig was drafted
an undrated free agent
and a fifth rounder.

These guys are not the Hogs or the Olines of the late 90's but they got better with time last year. Colbert needs to be given some credit.

Hartwig was a 6th rounder. Colon was a 4th rounder.

phillyesq
04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I give Colbert a lot of credit for hitting on first rounders. Kendall Simmons was his worst (I'm pretty sure he was in the Colbert era), and he had a lot of promise before the issues with diabetes. Even with the diabetes, he started for years, including with the 2005 SB team. Its easy to take his success in the first round for granted, but there are few teams that can match it.

I'd love to see better picks on day 2. We all would. But I would take somebody who can consistently hit on first rounders like Colbert any day of the week.

Mel Blount's G
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
It may get to a point where we donít want to wait, and we want to trade up.
:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o

I shouldn't be surprised as he's done it a couple times already but it still does surprise me to hear him say it...

papillon
04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I give Colbert a lot of credit for hitting on first rounders. Kendall Simmons was his worst (I'm pretty sure he was in the Colbert era), and he had a lot of promise before the issues with diabetes. Even with the diabetes, he started for years, including with the 2005 SB team. Its easy to take his success in the first round for granted, but there are few teams that can match it.

I'd love to see better picks on day 2. We all would. But I would take somebody who can consistently hit on first rounders like Colbert any day of the week.

Missing on day two doesn't set your team back 3 or 4 years the way missing in the first round does. Look at Cleveland, how far behind the Steelers and Ravens are they simply because of their poor first round drafting?

Missing on day two means you don't get depth and developmental players. That can be remedied with mid-level free agents (see the Steelers) or the next year's draft. When you invest the kind of scratch that is necessary in the first round and don't hit, it hurts your team in many ways.

Pappy

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-24-2009, 03:46 PM

I'd love to see better picks on day 2. We all would. But I would take somebody who can consistently hit on LATE first rounders like Colbert any day of the week.

Corrected for better accuracy. :tt2