PDA

View Full Version : Fox sports says...

anger 82&95
04-23-2009, 09:46 AM
The Steelers will select these prospects.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484 ... ?gt1=39002 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484316/Predicting-the-draft,-start-to-finish?gt1=39002)

32. Pittsburgh — Alex Mack, C, Cal, Senior: The Steelers are thin across the offensive line, and Mack — though center might not be the most pressing of needs for Pittsburgh — would be a welcomed addition. Mack's one of the higher-rated center prospects to come out of college in the past 15-20 years. Pittsburgh could use a cornerback here, but should look to Mack, the future perennial Pro Bowler.
64. Pittsburgh — Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma, Senior: Two interior offensive linemen in the first two rounds for the Steelers? Sure, why not? The O-line is Pittsburgh's No. 1 need and Robinson adds interior help.
96. Pittsburgh — Victor "Macho" Harris, CB, Virginia Tech, Senior
132. Pittsburgh — Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida, Senior
168. Pittsburgh — Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee State, Senior
169. Pittsburgh — Henry Melton, DE, Texas, Senior
205. Pittsburgh — P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin, Junior
226. Pittsburgh — John Phillips, TE, Virginia, Senior
241. Pittsburgh — Rulon Davis, DE, Cal, Senior

Acero
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm fine with OL in the first two rounds, but we need to address the DL earlier than these guys predict, as well.

phillyesq
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Two tight ends? Also, from what I've read, Duke Robinson doesn't sound like a good fit in the Steelers system. I like the first round pick, I'm ok with the third rounder, and the rest, bleh...

SteelCzar76
04-23-2009, 10:20 AM
The Steelers will select these prospects.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484 ... ?gt1=39002 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9484316/Predicting-the-draft,-start-to-finish?gt1=39002)

32. Pittsburgh — Alex Mack, C, Cal, Senior: The Steelers are thin across the offensive line, and Mack — though center might not be the most pressing of needs for Pittsburgh — would be a welcomed addition. Mack's one of the higher-rated center prospects to come out of college in the past 15-20 years. Pittsburgh could use a cornerback here, but should look to Mack, the future perennial Pro Bowler.
64. Pittsburgh — Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma, Senior: Two interior offensive linemen in the first two rounds for the Steelers? Sure, why not? The O-line is Pittsburgh's No. 1 need and Robinson adds interior help.
96. Pittsburgh — Victor "Macho" Harris, CB, Virginia Tech, Senior
132. Pittsburgh — Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida, Senior
168. Pittsburgh — Cornelius Lewis, OT, Tennessee State, Senior
169. Pittsburgh — Henry Melton, DE, Texas, Senior
205. Pittsburgh — P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin, Junior
226. Pittsburgh — John Phillips, TE, Virginia, Senior
241. Pittsburgh — Rulon Davis, DE, Cal, Senior

I've been lobbying for Macho and Cornelius Lewis for months now and would be very good with them wearing Black and Gold. (especially Macho,...i consider him born to be a Steeler) And i have always thought that if Davis could get past injuries he could be very effective in our system.

However, i do not see the team using the 1st two selections on O-lineman.

steelernation77
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Two tight ends? Also, from what I've read, Duke Robinson doesn't sound like a good fit in the Steelers system. I like the first round pick, I'm ok with the third rounder, and the rest, bleh...

If the Steelers can get Mack and Robinson than I'll be ecstatic. If Robinson is available in the second than they better sprint to the podium. We'd be getting the top center and the top guard. That would do so much for our interior line, they'd look like a totally different unit.

I don't understand the Ingram pick at all. Why would we want a strictly pass catching TE? That doesn't seem like the Steelers style.

The PJ Hill pick is also dumb, that guy shouldn't be drafted.

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Mack, Duke, and Macho? Sign me up for that :!: (even though they did wait too long for d-line re-forcements).

I think could pretty much guarantee that it would be the first time in history that two guys named Cornelius get drafted by the same team in back-to-back rounds. :wink:

Instead of Cornelius Ingram from Florida to play TE, I think I would prefer Yukon Cornelius from the North Pole to play d-line (Burl Ives could sing "Black and Gold" instead of "Silver and Gold"). They could also draft the Abominable Snow Monster of the North (I think the Bumble would make a good NT). :mrgreen:

SteelBucks
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm fine with OL in the first two rounds, but we need to address the DL earlier than these guys predict, as well.

:Agree Especially since two starters are UFA after next season (Keisel, Hampton).

calmkiller
04-23-2009, 10:56 AM
As much as I want us to draft Mack, It would make me happy with the draft if we missed on everything else, I think we go DL first, and OL second.

stlrz d
04-23-2009, 11:06 AM

As I was reading through it I thought, "Why would we draft a TE?" Then I kept reading and I thought, "Why in the name of all that is holy would we draft TWO TEs?" :lol:

steelblood
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
While I agree that two tight ends is overkill, I think that drafting a TE is not a bad move. This is a good TE class and there could be value in the middle rounds. Spaeth and Miller are both FAs after the season. Spaeth will be a RFA, but he really has been a disappointment as a blocker and has very limited athleticism. I would not be opposed to drafting a good TE and cutting Spaeth.

WoodleyofTroy
04-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't want a Tight End either (going into it). But if Ingram is there in the 4th, the value would be too good to pass up in my opinion (obviously, I wouldn't draft one just to draft one...it would have to be a player like this).

Although we all have our preferences in each round, I can't complain about those first 5 rounds. Quality players.

anger 82&95
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Mack, Duke, and Macho? Sign me up for that :!: (even though they did wait too long for d-line re-forcements).

I think could pretty much guarantee that it would be the first time in history that two guys named Cornelius get drafted by the same team in back-to-back rounds. :wink:

Instead of Cornelius Ingram from Florida to play TE, I think I would prefer Yukon Cornelius from the North Pole to play d-line (Burl Ives could sing "Black and Gold" instead of "Silver and Gold"). They could also draft the Abominable Snow Monster of the North (I think the Bumble would make a good NT). :mrgreen:Come on man! Show some common sense. Everyone knows that Dr. Cornelius or Cornelius Ryan would be far more acceptable as draft choices! The Steelers would have that World War 2 meets the Planet of the Apes theme.

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Instead of Cornelius Ingram from Florida to play TE, I think I would prefer Yukon Cornelius from the North Pole to play d-line (Burl Ives could sing "Black and Gold" instead of "Silver and Gold"). They could also draft the Abominable Snow Monster of the North (I think the Bumble would make a good NT). :mrgreen:Come on man! Show some common sense. Everyone knows that Dr. Cornelius or Cornelius Ryan would be far more acceptable as draft choices! The Steelers would have that World War 2 meets the Planet of the Apes theme.

It would be fun to see all of those Corneliuses sacking Cornholio.

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/carson%20palmer.jpg

msp26505
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/carson%20palmer.jpg

I believe the plural would be "Cornelii"...

steeld95
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I would be pissed if we wasted two picks on tight ends. I want to see a few OL, DL, and CB.....The PJ Hill pick is kind of intriguing though. He fits the steeler rb mold.

Djfan
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Sometimes getting the BPA is a distraction to what we need. We don't need a TE. We need OL (Badly!) and DL long before a TE.

It seems that these hack writers get hired because they have a brother who works there, then they can write anything stupid that comes to mind, so that they can all talk about it like experts.

Mel K comes to mind here.

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2009, 02:47 PM
The 7 round mock that was posted on Walterfootball.com today was surprisingly similar early:

1. C Alex Mack California
2. G Duke Robinson Oklahoma
3. CB Jairus Byrd Oregon
4. DE Corvey Irvin Georgia
5. WR Deon Butler Penn State
5. NT Khalif Mitchell East Carolina
6. RB Frank Summers UNLV
7. OLB Lee Robinson Alcorn State
7. OT Robert Brewster Ball State

I would love to have a first day of Mack and Duke (that would dramatically change your interior o-line for the better), followed by a CB in round 3 like Macho or Byrd...although I personally think both of those guys are likely to be taken in the 2nd round, never mind the late 3rd. (I wouldn't even both complaining that I would prefer different d-lineman in each mock).

anger 82&95
04-23-2009, 03:17 PM

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/11/carson%20palmer.jpgCan’t you just envision Palmer contemplating the equation in his mind? Hummmm, a gazillion dollar contract and a life long supply of hotdogs… but also a lifetime of ridicule for supplanting that gaylord Tom Brady as the queerest QB… I’ll take the money.

steelz09
04-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I like the first 2 picks. That would definitely solidify our interior line for years to come. Would be a huge upgrade.

With that being said, I would hope we could get a NT and DE, at a minimum in addition to those first two picks.

frankthetank1
04-23-2009, 05:38 PM
While I agree that two tight ends is overkill, I think that drafting a TE is not a bad move. This is a good TE class and there could be value in the middle rounds. Spaeth and Miller are both FAs after the season. Spaeth will be a RFA, but he really has been a disappointment as a blocker and has very limited athleticism. I would not be opposed to drafting a good TE and cutting Spaeth.

they would be stupid to draft a te and if the steelers are going to draft a te why wouldnt they draft a te that is a better blocker than receiver? spaeth's blocking is pretty bad and miller isnt the best blocker either. spaeth isnt very athletic but he has good hands. i think mchugh is a good blocking te. i just dont see any need to draft a te unless they dont plan on re-signing miller or spaeth. they could just re-sign spaeth for cheap and that would be fine. a te would be a wasted pick imo

Lonbull
04-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Whoa......Whoa....Whoa everybody let's not forget Don Cornelius -

http://www.thatblackgirlsite.com/wp-content/uploadfiles/soultrain.jpg

Actually the Soul Train sounds like a nickname for an offense.....but I completely digress, I agree with most on here that TE could be taken as a BPA once ....but twice is just insanity.

My guess this writer looked at the Steelers needs and transactions for all of 3 minutes and decided the obvious - we need a better Off. Line and one of our "starting" Corners (McFadden) left for Arizona - hence our first three rounds.

I'll be very curious to see how the Steelers handle the Defensive Line in the draft and after the cuts --- my guess is they won't reach for a 3-4 DL in the draft (because a number of teams will be reaching to fit their new defense) and instead look to pick up Free Agents who teams aren't willing to give one year to learn a system - It would be very Steeler-esque to take advantage of another teams impatience.

(see: Mewelde Moore or James Harrison).

Should be fun.

Everybody all aboard the Black and Goooooooooooooolllllllldddd Train!

:tt1

L.B.