PDA

View Full Version : Wonderlic Scores by Position

SteelBucks
04-23-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/wwhi042109.htm

Here's some of the scores (at the Combine) of potential Steelers first round picks:
Alex Mack 26/50
Max Unger 20/27
Eric Wood 31/45
Percy Harvin 12/42 :loser
Vontae Davis 33/49

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Vontae Davis finishing all but one question and getting 33 of them correct is a surprise, when many of us wrote the kid off as a knucklehead. He is an athletic freak of nature, and also appears to be quite intelligent. I wonder if Mendenhall could provide some insight about the kid and why the coach demoted him on more than one occassion (then again, Rashard doesn't have much of a high opinion of Zook after he took away his brother's scholarship last season).

I have Gus Parrish in my mock, but dude only got a 7 out of 21 on the first test. Sure, he improved to 13 out of 33 at the combine, but still...a SEVEN?!?! I may have to switch my preference to Joel Bell from Furman, who I had similarly rated as an OT prospect (except that he is not challenging Vince Young in terms of poor Wonderlic scores).

SteelBucks
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I wonder if Mendenhall could provide some insight about the kid and why the coach demoted him on more than one occassion.

I have a friend that went to Illinois. He said the coaches were growing tired of Davis' "me first" attitude. Take it for what it's worth.

Jom112
04-23-2009, 02:22 PM
In Harvin's defense, he was high when he took the test... :lol:

Ozey74
04-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Harvin is an idiot. I'm turned off by the fact that he smoked pot. But I'm more turned off by the fact that he smoked pot within 30 days of the Combine.

TallyStiller
04-23-2009, 07:06 PM
THe Steelers braintrust has said that they draft players whose attitude is "whatever helps the team win" first and foremost. They had Davis in for a visit... so they probably found out one way or the other first hand. Zook benched him, but since this is the same idiot who participated along WITH his players in a drunken brawl with a bunch of frat boys at Florida, precipitating his dismissal from that institution, I'm not sure if I'm ready to trust the Zooker's assessment.

Chadman
04-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Impressive 40/49 for A.Q. Shipley...Mack was only just over 50% though.

Another Steeler invite Sherrod Martin tested well.