PDA

View Full Version : If Ozzie Newsome can see it, why can't you?

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
"I think the Steelers feel the way we do," Newsome said. "There are certain positions at the bottom of the draft -- like center, tight end and safety -- where you can probably get the highest-rated guy at that position. You can get a solid starter picking there at the bottom of the round."

This is the point us "Mack lovers" have been trying to get across to you haters for awhile now about value at #32.

NW Steeler
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I won't be upset if Mack is the pick. Plug him in the middle of your line and forget about it for a decade.

Wolfhound45
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
I won't be upset if Mack is the pick. Plug him in the middle of your line and forget about it for a decade.

:Agree

SteelBucks
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
My preference would either be Wood or Mack at #32. If both are gone, which is doubtful, I could see the Steelers going WR in the first or trading down. Either way I hope they don't settle for Unger.....I'm not impressed at all.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
"I think the Steelers feel the way we do," Newsome said. "There are certain positions at the bottom of the draft -- like center, tight end and safety -- where you can probably get the highest-rated guy at that position. You can get a solid starter picking there at the bottom of the round."

This is the point us "Mack lovers" have been trying to get across to you haters for awhile now about value at #32.

So by this do you mean to say that any whom disagree with your opinion of Mack and or do not Love him,...are "haters" ? As opposed to being indifferent or not ranking him so much higher than the other top centers because he plays with a narrow base, is clumsy, (missing targets in space often ending up on the ground) has poor feet and lateral movement causing him to have problems adjusting to inside blitzes. As well as not bringing very much push in the short yardage game despite his size ?

On the flipside, he's big, physical, excels as part of a unit,..and gets to the second level well. But again,...that doesn't make him so much more impressive than Wood or even Shipley. This opinion doesn't mean that i or anyone else "hate" Mack,....we just may not be as impressed by him as you and others may. Much like how there are prospects that others like that you do not care to see the team aquire,............

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2009, 02:32 PM
As opposed to being indifferent or not ranking him so much higher than the other top centers because he plays with a narrow base, is clumsy, (missing targets in space often ending up on the ground) has poor feet and lateral movement causing him to have problems adjusting to inside blitzes. As well as not bringing very much push in the short yardage game despite his size ?

Tell me....if this is so true, then why is he rated the number 1 overall center in the draft....even above Wood or "Conehead" Shipley?

I think your true colors are showing..... :Hater

fordfixer
04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
How does Ozzie know what it's like to have the 32nd pick? :lol:

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 03:25 PM
As opposed to being indifferent or not ranking him so much higher than the other top centers because he plays with a narrow base, is clumsy, (missing targets in space often ending up on the ground) has poor feet and lateral movement causing him to have problems adjusting to inside blitzes. As well as not bringing very much push in the short yardage game despite his size ?

Tell me....if this is so true, then why is he rated the number 1 overall center in the draft....even above Wood or "Conehead" Shipley?

I think your true colors are showing..... :Hater

Shipley is not rated above Mack simply because of his lack of height and arm length. However he was just as productive, if not more so than Mack at the collegiate level, has better feet, balance, agility and plays with better leverage. He also plays with a nonstop motor/mean streak and has exceptional intelligence and strength. (put up 33 reps at 225)

Besides,....how can Mack be that good when he played a conference like the Pac-10 ? (according to you) :lol:

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Besides,....how can Mack be that good when he played a conference like the Pac-10 ? (according to you) :lol:

Now how can I come back and argue against this statement?

uhm.....err......I.......I can't. The Pac 10 is just that weak. Maybe Mack shouldn't be our #1 pick afterall. :lol:

Wolfhound45
04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
How does Ozzie know what it's like to have the 32nd pick? :lol:

Now that was funny! :P

grotonsteel
04-22-2009, 09:21 PM

So by this do you mean to say that any whom disagree with your opinion of Mack and or do not Love him,...are "haters" ? As opposed to being indifferent or not ranking him so much higher than the other top centers because he plays with a narrow base, is clumsy, (missing targets in space often ending up on the ground) has poor feet and lateral movement causing him to have problems adjusting to inside blitzes. As well as not bringing very much push in the short yardage game despite his size ?

On the flipside, he's big, physical, excels as part of a unit,..and gets to the second level well. But again,...that doesn't make him so much more impressive than Wood or even Shipley. This opinion doesn't mean that i or anyone else "hate" Mack,....we just may not be as impressed by him as you and others may. Much like how there are prospects that others like that you do not care to see the team aquire,............

Do you think Wood/Unger will be a better choice than Mack?

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Do you think Wood/Unger will be a better choice than Mack?

Let's just say that i firmly believe that Wood (along with Shipley) will at the very least be just as effective at the pro level as Mack. (If not moreso)

As far as Unger,...he's the one that i consider a "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" player. More often than not,... the jack of all trade guys are masters of none and thereby end up wallowing in mediocrity.

It's not just that he's soft in terms of disposition,..but physically weak as well. Some call that "finesse" or being a "technician",... but I don't feel as though he's going to hold up against the better pro pass rushing units.