PDA

View Full Version : My final 1st round Mock. (In light of recent trades)

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Again,...i think we take Fili if Harvin is not there. (And Fisher doesn't look to replace Haynesworth with a fellow Trojan alum) But this is how i see things shaking out this weekend in the 1st.

1. Lions: Sanchez, Mark
2. Rams: Stafford, Matthew
3. Chiefs: Smith, Jason
4. Seahawks: Curry, Aaron
5. Browns: Crabtree, M.
6. Bengals: Monroe, Eugene
7. Raiders: Maclin, Jeremy
8. Jaguars: Smith, Andre
9. Packers: Raji, B.J.
10. 49ers: Orakpo, Brian
11. Bills: Oher, Michael
12. Broncos: Jackson, Tyson
13. Redskins: Cushing, Brian
14. Saints: Wells, Chris
15. Texans: Matthews, Clay
16. Chargers: Moreno, K.
17. Jets: Freeman, Josh
18. Broncos: Maualuga, Rey
19. Lions: Maybin, Aaron
20. Bucs: Jerry, Peria
21. Eagles: Nicks, Hakeem
22. Vikings: Jenkins, Malcolm
23. Patriots: English, Larry
24. Falcons: Pettigrew, B.
25. Dolphins: Davis, Vontae
26. Ravens: Heyward-Bey, D.
27. Colts: Hood, Evander
28. Bills: Brown, Everette
29. Giants: Britt, Kenny
30. Titans: Moala, Fili
31. Cardinals: Brown, Donald
32. Steelers: Percy Harvin

Oviedo
04-22-2009, 11:06 AM
You are obviously discounting that harvin just got busted for blowing dope prior to the combine.

I hope the Steelers don't discount it.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 11:24 AM
You are obviously discounting that harvin just got busted for blowing dope prior to the combine.

I hope the Steelers don't discount it.

I am not discounting that fact O. But unlike some i do not feel that it makes him (Harvin) a troubled and or head case player. A bit immature,...yes, but not a "problem player" or "Primadonna".

He has no criminal record and has never been a problem for his college coaches, or the community of Gainesville Fla.

And i'am exceedingly confident that in light of the type (Class) of veteran leadership on this team and Mike Tomlin's philosophy, (not just in terms of football but as a Leader of men period),....Harvin will be no problem at all. Well,... unless you mean in terms of our opponents having to defend against him on sundays.

stlrz d
04-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Tomlin & Colbert: We value character over need.

They won't be taking Harvin. Besides, the offense he played in was completely designed to get him the ball in space so he could use his speed. That kind of thing doesn't work in the NFL.

I can't decide who will be the bigger bust at WR...DHB or Harvin. Maybe it'll be a tie and the suckiness will be equal among them?

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Is this a what you would do mock or are you trying to get predict the picks?

Detroit has shown absolutely no interest in Mark Sanchez, while Stafford and Curry have came to Detroit for contract negotiations.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 01:17 PM

Detroit has shown absolutely no interest in Mark Sanchez, while Stafford and Curry have came to Detroit for contract negotiations.

I'm not so sure it's a certainty that the Lions are so sold on Stafford as they have not yet come to an agreement so close to the Draft. And in my opinion if it was such a given for months now that Stafford is their guy as most pundits say, why not ?

Stafford himself is on record recently as saying that they (Lions) are also in talks with another player. (No mention of it being Curry) Could be Jason Smith,.....but do you really pass on a franchise QB and go with a "past his prime" Culpepper for more than another season ?

I also do not think it's Curry, because though he's an exceptional talent at linebacker,...he's still a Linebacker and that's a bit to far fetched to say that any team would use a number one pick on the position.

Which leads me to the conclusion that it's Sanchez, he's a bright kid with considerable work ethic, competitive drive, football acumen, and not only has the tools in terms of measurables,. but has bit more of a higher ceiling than Stafford. (Though Stafford has a strong arm, and intelligence)

NW Steeler
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I can't see Sanchez being picked #1. He is a huge risk if you ask me, just based on the minimal amount of games that he has started. No way that guy goes #1, IMO.

WoodleyofTroy
04-22-2009, 01:33 PM

I'm not so sure it's a certainty that the Lions are so sold on Stafford as they have not yet come to an agreement so close to the Draft. And in my opinion if it was such a given for months now that Stafford is their guy as most pundits say, why not ?

Stafford himself is on record recently as saying that they (Lions) are also in talks with another player. (No mention of it being Curry) Could be Jason Smith,.....but do you really pass on a franchise QB and go with a "past his prime" Culpepper for more than another season ?

I also do not think it's Curry, because though he's an exceptional talent at linebacker,...he's still a Linebacker and that's a bit to far fetched to say that any team would use a number one pick on the position.

Which leads me to the conclusion that it's Sanchez, he's a bright kid with considerable work ethic, competitive drive, football acumen, and not only has the tools in terms of measurables,. but has bit more of a higher ceiling than Stafford. (Though Stafford has a strong arm, and intelligence)

I live in Detroit. Curry's agent has been here for contract negotiations, along with Stafford. It was first rumored as Jason Smith, but that hasn't come to life yet, although that's the favorite amongst the fan base here (Smith). It's not about whether they are sold on Stafford, it's that they have shown no interest in Sanchez.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM

I live in Detroit. Curry's agent has been here for contract negotiations, along with Stafford. It was first rumored as Jason Smith, but that hasn't come to life yet, although that's the favorite amongst the fan base here (Smith). It's not about whether they are sold on Stafford, it's that they have shown no interest in Sanchez.

Matt Stafford and Jason Smith have the same agent.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Aren't the Lions supposed to meet with Sanchez around April 16-17 ? Though it could be said that such meetings are often smokescreens,....but if that's the case here, whose to say that the supposed interest in Stafford and or Curry is not of the same nature ?

At the end of the day,..no one knows for sure outside of a teams F/O exactly whom the team will select, be it the Lions or any other Organization....but i'm going to "stick to my guns" not only in terms of whom i think the Lions select,..but also every other team in the Mock.

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2009, 02:43 PM
No way the Lions pick up Sanchez. I mean really, he is a USC QB for pete sakes. If he was so good, then why couldn't he beat out Matt Leinart. Speaking of which, what has he done in Arizona except for carry the clipboard. He was supposed to be the second coming of Peyton Manning, but looks more like the second coming of Akili Smith. Then there is your other boy Carson Palmer, another USC dud. No way the Lions make that mistake on a one year wonder in a weak conference.

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 03:42 PM
No way the Lions make that mistake on a one year wonder in a weak conference.

The whole weak conference bit always amusing. You wouldn't happen to be an SEC guy? :lol:
To represent such a weak conference,.. i find it startling how SC always seems to be even more dominant against opponents outside of the Pac-10 than even conference rivals.

As far as Mark not beating Matt out,..it wasn't even a contest,...coach Carroll usually gives the upperclassman QB the edge even though he'll say it's an open competition. Matt succeeded Carson, John David succeeded Matt, Mark succeeded John David. (Though i think he(Coach Carroll) will go with Corp this year as opposed to Mustain)

Steeler Mafia
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM

The whole weak conference bit always amusing. You wouldn't happen to be an SEC guy? :lol:
To represent such a weak conference,.. i find it startling how SC always seems to be even more dominant against opponents outside of the Pac-10 than even conference rivals.

As far as Mark not beating Matt out,..it wasn't even a contest,...coach Carroll usually gives the upperclassman QB the edge even though he'll say it's an open competition. Matt succeeded Carson, John David succeeded Matt, Mark succeeded John David. (Though i think he will go with Corp this year as opposed to Mustain)

When does SC play anyone with any stregth outside their conference, except for bowl games? I am still trying to figure out how they get rated so high, year after year, and play no one to show for it. Are the people that rank them so high the same that voted Nancy Pelosi into congress? If so, I am scared that NCAA football may soon be in a recession as well.

I may live in Kentucky, but I am most definitley not an SEC guy. 8)

NW Steeler
04-22-2009, 05:22 PM

As far as Mark not beating Matt out,..it wasn't even a contest,...coach Carroll usually gives the upperclassman QB the edge even though he'll say it's an open competition. Matt succeeded Carson, John David succeeded Matt, Mark succeeded John David. (Though i think he will go with Corp this year as opposed to Mustain)

When does SC play anyone with any stregth outside their conference, except for bowl games? I am still trying to figure out how they get rated so high, year after year, and play no one to show for it. Are the people that rank them so high the same that voted Nancy Pelosi into congress? If so, I am scared that NCAA football may soon be in a recession as well.

Well, when SC does play outside of their conference, i.e. bowl games, they usually wax their opponent. See Oklahoma or Penn State......

birtikidis
04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
[quote]No way the Lions make that mistake on a one year wonder in a weak conference.

Well, when SC does play outside of their conference, i.e. bowl games, they usually wax their opponent. See Oklahoma or Penn State......[/quote:10v5rx7n]
or texas...
:stirpot

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
[quote]No way the Lions make that mistake on a one year wonder in a weak conference.

Well, when SC does play outside of their conference, i.e. bowl games, they usually wax their opponent. See Oklahoma or Penn State......
or texas...
:stirpot[/quote:3bzqxvzk]

Touche Birk,...but it was a one bad night. "Whaddaya want over here"? :lol:

steelcityrules!!
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I think percy harvin would be the worst selection... I'd rather trade back.

birtikidis
04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
at first i thought you said douche instead of touche... lol
i was pulling for SC that night.. and I'm still pissed that they lost.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
at first i thought you said douche instead of touche... lol
i was pulling for SC that night.. and I'm still pissed that they lost.

You can't say Touchebaggery, though. :lol:

stlrz d
04-23-2009, 01:19 AM
I think percy harvin would be the worst selection... I'd rather trade back.

+ ? (that's the infinity symbol for those who may not know). ;)

Btw, the Lions report that contract negotiations with Stafford are going well and they hope to have a deal in place before even going on the clock.

So much for them taking Sanchez, eh?

WoodleyofTroy
04-23-2009, 01:26 AM

Lions | Have contract ready with Curry if Stafford doesn't sign

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions have completed contract terms with Wake Forest LB Aaron Curry and will select him if they can't agree to a contract with University of Georgia QB Matthew Stafford, according to a source. The Lions will not allow a decision from Stafford to go beyond Friday, April 25.

NW Steeler
04-23-2009, 01:49 AM

or texas...
:stirpot[/quote:pznlb0c4]

Well, at least the Texas/SC game was a good, close game. Oklahoma and Penn State were BLOWOUTS.....then again, Utah waxed Oklahoma too, so......

Steeler Mafia
04-23-2009, 09:58 AM
West Virgina rolled up Oklahoma a smoked them like a Bob Marley J. So much for the 'Oklahoma as a tough opponent' theory.

As for Penn State, well, I am still waiting for them to show up to that bowl game. They mailed that one in. I did see some guys in white uniforms playing on the field, but I don't think it was the Penn State that was seen all season long.

Sorry, I can't seem to give credit to USC, even if they deserve it.

(Steeler Mafia --> Making friends one post at a time :lol: )

NW Steeler
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry, I can't seem to give credit to USC, even if they deserve it.

(Steeler Mafia --> Making friends one post at a time :lol: )

No problem. I hate SC anyway! But, since I do live on the left coast, I do follow the Pac 10 more than any other conference. Southern Cal and Oregon tend to do well out of conference, especially in bowl games. I'm a WSU alum, so I don't get the bowl game experience too often!

WoodleyofTroy
04-25-2009, 12:42 PM
0-1

SteelCzar76
04-25-2009, 01:08 PM
0-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TExRlcWkvtc

"Mama always told me,.....don't be,....a player hatin punk azz biiiiyach" :lol: :lol:

There are 31 left Wood. 8)