PDA

View Full Version : Brian Cushing...please stop

pick6
04-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Just venting... but I am absolutely amazed that LB Brian Cushing from USC is considered a first round draft pick. What is more amazing is that people who are making millions of dollars judging talent as general managers for "real life" NFL teams seem to agree with this foolishness. Please hold me to everything that I am about to say. Cushing will be thrown around like a rag doll in the NFL. He will be routine trucked by average NFL running backs. As difficult as it is to make it through a full season this guy will not cut it. He will not shed blocks. He will be routinely mauled by Nfl caliber players. The team that picks him in the first round is a horrible team with pathetic scouting. career special teams ace at best. Where are all of these guys who were supposed to make a splash at LB in the NFL. the best of them are holding onto there jobs by a thread and these guys are better than Cushing. Our Davis is better than him coming out and he was picked in the 3rd. oh yeah, i forgot, he's a class act, has a great attitude, and is a great team guy. too bad none of these things will help him. ok . hope we have an excellent draft.

aggiebones
04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Moreso than a 5th rounder?
Not likely. He'll make it to some degree. I would imagine a team that has a design for him would take him. He could play well in certain defenses.

mshifko
04-21-2009, 11:50 AM
i've seen many USC games and brian cushing has impressed me every game...sure he's playing on a great defense at SC, but he was a player man...he'll be a pretty good pro LB, not sure where all the hate is coming from...

pittpete
04-21-2009, 02:31 PM
James Alfred Farrior. Position: LB Height: 6-2 Weight: 242 lbs

Brian Cushing. Position: LB Height: 6' 3" 243 lbs.

Our own Jimmy was a first rounder(8th overall)
Why cant Cushing be a productive LBer in the NFL?

Oviedo
04-21-2009, 02:33 PM
But how good is Cushing off steroids :stirpot Mandarich good?

stlrz d
04-21-2009, 02:57 PM

Apparently you haven't seen that those rumors have been refuted. I suspect nfldraftbible.com will be no more once all is said and done.

Slander isn't cool.

RuthlessBurgher
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Apparently you haven't seen that those rumors have been refuted. I suspect nfldraftbible.com will be no more once all is said and done.

Slander isn't cool.

When reading the NFLdraftbible, you should not be constantly questioning its writings in search of evidence to prove what is written. You should have faith in your beliefs and trust in the wisdom of NFLdraftbible. They don't put an NFLdraftbible in the nightstand of every hotel for no reason. :wink:

steelers43
04-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Just venting... but I am absolutely amazed that LB Brian Cushing from USC is considered a first round draft pick. What is more amazing is that people who are making millions of dollars judging talent as general managers for "real life" NFL teams seem to agree with this foolishness. Please hold me to everything that I am about to say. Cushing will be thrown around like a rag doll in the NFL. He will be routine trucked by average NFL running backs. As difficult as it is to make it through a full season this guy will not cut it. He will not shed blocks. He will be routinely mauled by Nfl caliber players. The team that picks him in the first round is a horrible team with pathetic scouting. career special teams ace at best. Where are all of these guys who were supposed to make a splash at LB in the NFL. the best of them are holding onto there jobs by a thread and these guys are better than Cushing. Our Davis is better than him coming out and he was picked in the 3rd. oh yeah, i forgot, he's a class act, has a great attitude, and is a great team guy. too bad none of these things will help him. ok . hope we have an excellent draft.

I heard he takes $2000 worth of supplements per month. He's might be a great kid but I see no upside.

RuthlessBurgher
04-22-2009, 11:44 PM

I heard he takes $2000 worth of supplements per month. He's might be a great kid but I see no upside.

I'm sure most college kids could afford to pay for $24,000 worth of supplements per year without getting paid by anyone, right? :stirpot

SteelCzar76
04-22-2009, 11:59 PM

Close to it 43. Cush is a "food freak". Not only in terms of the supplements but counting calories and the whole nine.(along with dedication to the weight room)

I kind of view the steroid rumors as a form of reverse bigotry,..as if to say there is no way he could have that type of size and athleticism without the use of performance enhancing drugs.

steelers43
04-23-2009, 12:58 AM

I'm sure most college kids could afford to pay for $24,000 worth of supplements per year without getting paid by anyone, right? :stirpot

USC players get paid plenty. Taylor Mays may have stayed in school to avoid a paycut. :shock:

stlrz d
04-23-2009, 01:16 AM
He'll be a better NFL player than "I can only catch the ball in wide open space and I smoke dope before being tested" Harvin.

steeld95
04-23-2009, 09:02 AM

I kind of view the steroid rumors as a form of reverse bigotry,..as if to say there is no way he could have that type of size and athleticism without the use of performance enhancing drugs.

I agree. Most people really don't have a clue. Cushing actually comes from good genes. I am from northern NJ and know his uncle, we played on the same softball team. His uncle is about 6-5 250 pounds and it is a great athlete. He is not ripped or anything, but he is a very big guy who is very athletic. It runs in his family. Give the kid credit, he has worked really hard to get where he is at...

SteelCzar76
04-23-2009, 09:11 AM

I agree. Most people really don't have a clue. Cushing actually comes from good genes. I am from northern NJ and know his uncle, we played on the same softball team. His uncle is about 6-5 250 pounds and it is a great athlete. He is not ripped or anything, but he is a very big guy who is very athletic. It runs in his family. Give the kid credit, he has worked really hard to get where he is at...

Well said. In my youth i played with a few caucasian cats whom use to get the same steroid BS,...but like most of the rest of their "black" brothers in arms on the team i knew the truth and just told them not to even regard that nonsense. (as people gladly believe that which they wish to believe for the most part anyway)

SteelCzar76
04-23-2009, 09:15 AM
USC players get paid plenty. Taylor Mays may have stayed in school to avoid a paycut. :shock:

(Stewie Griffin impersonation:)
"Whoa, whoa, whoa,.....Trojan Born Steeler by heritage standing right here man. Thought we were cool man,....thought we were cool" :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
04-23-2009, 10:55 AM

I find it comical that most people take that before/after picture as evidence that he must be using.

In the before picture he is 18 and was rehabbing a shoulder injury...so he hadn't been lifting.

In the after picture he is 22, had grown and put on weight since he was 18...and it was taken immediately after a workout...AND he is flexing to boot.