PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Visits by Position-Does it mean anything?

Oviedo
04-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Bouchette said the last three prospects visited today.

Last three prospects visit Steelers
Friday, April 17, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers are entertaining their final three college prospects today before next weekend's draft. They are cornerback Ellis Lankster of West Virginia, cornerback Mike Mickens of Cincinnati and wide receiver Louis Murphy of Florida.

A group of 30 college players have visited the Steelers' at their UPMC training facility since March 31, the limit allowed by the NFL.

Here is my quick and probably inaccurate count:
OL-7 prospects
DL-5 prospects
DB-8 prospects
WR/TE-5 prospects
LB-2 prospects
QB-1 prospect
RB-1 Prospect

calmkiller
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
It was reported on scout.com that Ellis Lankster had already visited and wouldn't count towards the 30. Interesting. Let me see if I can find that article.

calmkiller
04-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Guess I was Wrong.

* A source with Scout.com yesterday tipped me off that the Steelers have already hosted one of my favorite sleeper cornerbacks -- WVU's Ellis Lankster. The 5-9, 191-pounder is a bit on the small side, but he'll hit and he can return punts. He was WVU's full-time PRer (8.6) and part-time KRer (24.4) last season.

Lankster came out of Mobile, Ala., as did teammate Pat White, but came to Morgantown via the junior college route. He sat out his first season at WVU after being arrrested for receiving stolen property (laptop computer) and returned last season to start 13 games. He's considered a late-round prospect, but is receiving plenty of interest after playing well in the Senior Bowl.

It was posted that he had already visited. Seems that was wrong. Original Post on the 6th of April.

Oviedo
04-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Guess I was Wrong.

* A source with Scout.com yesterday tipped me off that the Steelers have already hosted one of my favorite sleeper cornerbacks -- WVU's Ellis Lankster. The 5-9, 191-pounder is a bit on the small side, but he'll hit and he can return punts. He was WVU's full-time PRer (8.6) and part-time KRer (24.4) last season.

Lankster came out of Mobile, Ala., as did teammate Pat White, but came to Morgantown via the junior college route. He sat out his first season at WVU after being arrrested for receiving stolen property (laptop computer) and returned last season to start 13 games. He's considered a late-round prospect, but is receiving plenty of interest after playing well in the Senior Bowl.

It was posted that he had already visited. Seems that was wrong. Original Post on the 6th of April.

Probably moot since I think it is unlikely they bring in anyone else this weekend. I think they have talked to who they want to talk to and will start finalizing their draft board this weekend.