PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what Will Franklin did???

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
The Chiefs released him after one year. Looked like he might grow into a solid NFL WR. I remember looking at him in last years draft. Was impressive in my opinion. There has to be a good reason the Chiefs let him go already. If his character isn't an issue...I would bring him in. The more competition at WR the better and I think he could make this roster as a #4 or #5. Perhaps someone in here has some inside why he was released?

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Doesn't matter at this point. Franklin was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on April 14, 2009. Rams, Eagles, Colts, and Raiders tried to claim him also.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Doesn't matter at this point. Franklin was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on April 14, 2009. Rams, Eagles, Colts, and Raiders tried to claim him also.

Lions??? Wow, we never had a shot! I guess nobody knows what he did to get released.

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2009, 09:49 AM

Lions??? Wow, we never had a shot! I guess nobody knows what he did to get released.

It helps them that they get the #1 waiver priority and we get the #32 waiver priority.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM

It helps them that they get the #1 waiver priority and we get the #32 waiver priority.
That's what I meant by..."We never had a shot!"

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2009, 01:16 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]Doesn't matter at this point. Franklin was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on April 14, 2009. Rams, Eagles, Colts, and Raiders tried to claim him also.

That's what I meant by..."We never had a shot!"[/quote:3ezqgw6m]

He leaves a crappy Chiefs team, perhaps thinking he could land on a better team, and two teams that are worse, the Lions and Rams, both put in claims for him. Poor fella.

Discipline of Steel
04-15-2009, 01:37 PM
[quote=RuthlessBurgher]Doesn't matter at this point. Franklin was claimed off waivers by the Detroit Lions on April 14, 2009. Rams, Eagles, Colts, and Raiders tried to claim him also.

He leaves a crappy Chiefs team, perhaps thinking he could land on a better team, and two teams that are worse, the Lions and Rams, both put in claims for him. Poor fella.[/quote:1r9iswu9]

At first I thought that read...HE never had a shot. haha

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM

He leaves a crappy Chiefs team, perhaps thinking he could land on a better team, and two teams that are worse, the Lions and Rams, both put in claims for him. Poor fella.[/quote:26a09xtk]

I guess that would be like getting released by the Browns & picked-up by the Bengals! :wink: I guess we should put him on suicide watch or something...