PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Is Out:)

toddjammin
04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
There are 10 games at 1 this year

REGULAR SEASON
Thursday, Sept. 10 vs. Titans 8:30 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Sept 20 @ Bears 4:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 27 @ Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 4 vs. Chargers 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Oct. 11 @ Lions 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 18 vs. Browns 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Vikings 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Nov. 1 BYE
Monday, Nov. 9 @ Broncos 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 15 vs. Bengals 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 22 @ Chiefs * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 29 @ Ravens * 8:20 p.m. (NBC)
Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Dec. 10 @ Browns 8:20 p.m. (NFL Network)
Sunday, Dec. 20 vs. Packers * 1 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Dec. 27 vs. Ravens * 1 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Jan. 3 @ Dolphins * 1 p.m. (CBS)

SteelBucks
04-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Well the Ravens didn't want to play another prime time game in Pittsburgh this year. Bad news for them.....they might have to. The 12/27 game is an NBC flex game according to the NFL Network.

:ratsuck

Djfan
04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
14-2 BABY!!

mshifko
04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
last year's 4:15 starts drove me nuts...i hate sitting around and waiting all day...i'm actually kind of glad to see we only have like 3-4 primetime games....i like the 1 o clock games

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 07:54 PM
last year's 4:15 starts drove me nuts...i hate sitting around and waiting all day...i'm actually kind of glad to see we only have like 3-4 primetime games....i like the 1 o clock games

Or 5 primetime games. But who's counting? :lol:

Djfan
04-14-2009, 07:55 PM

You would like it in Cali. Games at 10am & 1pm. Messes up my obligations at church.

mshifko
04-14-2009, 07:55 PM

haha i looked at it too quick....smoking too much ganja

SidSmythe
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't like the 4 oclock games either

Last year i shouldn't have even ordered NFL Sunday Ticket. This year I'm going to have to since i'm in Bills territory.

Djfan
04-14-2009, 07:57 PM

That messes up the schedule at church, too.

Here's the link for the sched ;

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/release

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 08:00 PM

You do that Santonio avatar proud. :shock: :lol:

steelernation77
04-14-2009, 08:29 PM
I'll definitely be attending that KC game and most likely the game in Chicago.

I'm glad the Bears game is early in the season, I didn't want to go to Soldier Field in December.

True Fan
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
unfreakin' real. one monday nighter and its on the road. i hope tomlin plays up the disrepect card on this bull****.

Djfan
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
unfreakin' real. one monday nighter and its on the road. i hope tomlin plays up the disrepect card on this bad word.

I completely agree.

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 08:58 PM
unfreakin' real. one monday nighter and its on the road. i hope tomlin plays up the disrepect card on this bad word.

They do have the maximum of 5 primetime games, though (the only other teams that have 5 are Indy, Dallas, NYG, and Chicago). Two Sunday nighters and two Thursday nighters in addition to that one game on MNF.

Jom112
04-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I hope you guys can recover after an early butt whipping in week 3... :stirpot

Wolfhound45
04-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Hopefully the majority of your team will have made bail by the third week of the season.

Djfan
04-14-2009, 09:08 PM

Me too. That one looks scary. Really. Yeah. You know. SCARRRRYYY.

Mick'sTeam
04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

Oh, I guess we do have a game in week 3. When I first looked at it week 3 looked like a bye to me. My bad.

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 09:26 PM

Oh, I guess we do have a game in week 3. When I first looked at it week 3 looked like a bye to me. My bad.

The reigning Super Bowl champion Steelers have a record 5 bye weeks actually (9-27-09, 10-18-09, 11-1-09, 11-15-09, and 12-10-09).

:bungalssuck :brownssuck

anger 82&95
04-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Payback for Big Ben against the hated Raiders, it will be fun to watch!

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Interesting observation about our home games:

One home game during September (the NFL season opener against Tennessee)

Three home games during October (San Diego, Cleveland, Minnesota)

One home game during November (Cincinnati)

Three home games during December (Oakland, Green Bay, Baltimore)

MeetJoeGreene
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I am glad the bye week is later - I hate having it early.

I am not worried about this schedule. but then again I WAS worried about last year's schedule.

mshifko
04-14-2009, 10:09 PM

You do that Santonio avatar proud. :shock: :lol:

haha i have to keep reppin the 614 (columbus area code :lol: )

DJ---i think i would love the west coast deal, games at 10am would be nice because i would have the rest of the day to do whatever...those 4pm games suck because after them, the days pretty much over and leading up to those games i can't get anything done because i'm thinking about the game too much

Djfan
04-14-2009, 10:17 PM
DJ---i think i would love the west coast deal, games at 10am would be nice because i would have the rest of the day to do whatever...those 4pm games suck because after them, the days pretty much over and leading up to those games i can't get anything done because i'm thinking about the game too much

I have always wondered what you east coasters did for MNF. It goes 6pm to 930 here. That's late for you all. Plus on those Sundays where there is 3 games 1pm, 4pm, 8pm, you must be tired on monday!

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 10:21 PM

I have always wondered what you east coasters did for MNF. It goes 6pm to 930 here. That's late for you all. Plus on those Sundays where there is 3 games 1pm, 4pm, 8pm, you must be tired on monday!

If you think that is bad...try watching overtime playoff hockey between west coast teams that doesn't start until after 10:30 EST. I get sleepy eyes just thinking about it.

mshifko
04-14-2009, 10:27 PM

If you think that is bad...try watching overtime playoff hockey between west coast teams that doesn't start until after 10:30 EST. I get sleepy eyes just thinking about it.

yeah, i mean just imagine if the 6 OT penguins/flyers game from a few years back took place on the west coast...that game wouldn't have ended until like 4am eastern time :lol:

feltdizz
04-14-2009, 11:02 PM

so how does it work for prime time shows on the West coast? Does Lost come on at 6PM out there?

quick question.. if prime time shows start at 8ET and late night is over at say.. 1AM ET it's only 10PM Western... what do you guys watch for late night? say 11:30PM Western when I would watch Letterman?

Jom112
04-14-2009, 11:04 PM
what do you guys watch for late night?

:Boobs

phillyesq
04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Part of me loves the 1:00 games. It just feels like that is football time. On the other hand, last year I was able to watch every Steelers game from the comfort of my home for the first time since I lived in Pittsburgh. This year, it looks like I'm going to have to budget a bit more for Sunday bar tabs. :lol: :lol:

pfelix73
04-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Yep. It looks like here in the Harrisburg area, we'll have at least 2 games that might get kicked over to the Ravens. And that just bites.... The first one is that 4pm game vs. the Bears....Rats are in SD at 4pm. Unless that is the national game and that will override the stupid rules.

Apparently, when the Rats have an away game and its played at the same time the Steelers are on, Harrisburg CBS is required to air the Rats game. When Balt. is at home, they can go with the Steelers. Stupid, stupid, and more stupid. NFL thinks Harrisburg is the Rats market- boy are they off. The CBS station did a study and they get way more people watching our Steelers.. Advertising is higher too for the Steelers.... When will the eggheads (NFL leaders) ever learn and gain some common sense?

:tt2

pfelix73
04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
On second thought, a trip to Chicago for an away game might be in order. Anyone know what it's like getting tix in Chicago? As hard as the Burgh? September might be a wonderful month to go to Chi town and smell the wonderful aromas of that Great American city and its lake front....

:Cheers

Jom112
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
On second thought, a trip to Chicago for an away game might be in order. Anyone know what it's like getting tix in Chicago? As hard as the Burgh? September might be a wonderful month to go to Chi town and smell the wonderful aromas of that Great American city and its lake front....

:Cheers

It's expensive getting tickets to Bears game. It definitely won't get any easier now that Cutler is the QB.

The Bears for some reason have one of, if not the, smallest stadiums in the NFL (Seating capacity wise). When the Bengals came here in 2005, I was looking at getting a pair of tickets. The game was sold out so I looked on stub hub and the cheapest tickets I found was $180 each for nose bleed 400 level seats.

If you guys come to Chicago though, I live within walking distance of Solider Field, so I'll buy you guys a drink... :Cheers

Djfan
04-15-2009, 12:58 AM
so how does it work for prime time shows on the West coast? Does Lost come on at 6PM out there?

quick question.. if prime time shows start at 8ET and late night is over at say.. 1AM ET it's only 10PM Western... what do you guys watch for late night? say 11:30PM Western when I would watch Letterman?

If you notice, the shows are always advertised as "6pm, Central and Pacific time." Meaning, they delay it for us out here.

Funny true story - My wife loves Survivor. About three years ago, I was in the room posting on stillers.com and noticed that someone posted about the winner. My wife was in the other room watching it, with all it's intrigue (insert puking sound here). She came in to use the restroom, and I said "So, did you expect so-and-so to win it all?" I forgot about the time change. She was not happy with me at that moment.

Oh well, survivor sucks anyway. Like most TV.

stlrz d
04-15-2009, 01:19 AM

If you notice, the shows are always advertised as "6pm, Central and Pacific time." Meaning, they delay it for us out here.

Funny true story - My wife loves Survivor. About three years ago, I was in the room posting on stillers.com and noticed that someone posted about the winner. My wife was in the other room watching it, with all it's intrigue (insert puking sound here). She came in to use the restroom, and I said "So, did you expect so-and-so to win it all?" I forgot about the time change. She was not happy with me at that moment.

I've seen every episode since day one. :moon

Djfan
04-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Love you D!

Oviedo
04-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Yep. It looks like here in the Harrisburg area, we'll have at least 2 games that might get kicked over to the Ravens. And that just bites.... The first one is that 4pm game vs. the Bears....Rats are in SD at 4pm. Unless that is the national game and that will override the stupid rules.

Apparently, when the Rats have an away game and its played at the same time the Steelers are on, Harrisburg CBS is required to air the Rats game. When Balt. is at home, they can go with the Steelers. Stupid, stupid, and more stupid. NFL thinks Harrisburg is the Rats market- boy are they off. The CBS station did a study and they get way more people watching our Steelers.. Advertising is higher too for the Steelers.... When will the eggheads (NFL leaders) ever learn and gain some common sense?

:tt2

Direct TV and the NFL Ticket solves all problems.

motter1975
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
For those targeting going to the Chicago game, here's the info off of chicagobears.com on individual ticket sales. I've been targeting this game for 4 years now, since the last time we played the bears, and I'm just so glad it's a Sept. game, instead of a Dec. game.

Individual Game Tickets
Individual game tickets for the Chicago Bears 2009 season at Soldier Field will go on-sale in July 2009. Tickets can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000 or through http://www.ticketmaster.com.

For the 2009 season, available tickets are priced at $68.00 to $350.00 per-game. For regular season games, there is a limit of four (4) tickets per customer per game. For preseason games, there is no limit on how many tickets may be purchased. Group ticket packages are not available for Bears games. Multiple ticket orders containing the same customer name, address, and/or credit card number that exceed the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice.

Wheelchair seating will be available for each home game through Ticketmaster . Should the wheelchair seating allocation through Ticketmaster become exhausted, fans with disabilities are encouraged to proceed with the purchase of conventional seating - if available - then call the Bears ticket office at 847-615-BEAR (2327) to arrange an exchange.

RussBII
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM

I've seen every episode since day one. :moon

I'm with D. Its entertaining. I keep forgetting to watch it, and once you miss the first 2 or three, you're pwned. I plan on netflixing all of the ones I've missed. The Amazing Race is good....

I think I wind up watching actual reality TV because my wife (man that sounds weird, we just got hitched) makes me watch all those horrible VH1 reality shows. Once you start with them, you can't stop. It's like a train wreck. It also gives me faith that stupid folks are EVERYWHERE and that in a pinch, I could talk one into anything I need...

pfelix73
04-15-2009, 11:06 AM
O-

I have Directv and used to have the Subdat Ticket. I get the CBS station out of Harrisburg, PA and they have every Steeler game on including the pre-season games. It's just on a rare occasion when the NFL will force them to show a Ratbirds game when they don't want to.

A few years back, this controversy made it all the way to the state capitol in Harrisburg. The reps, senators, governor tried to override the NFL policies, but that didn't even work.

I appreciate the invite from the one who mentioned he lived within walking distance to the stadium. If we decide to come out, we will let you know.... But I have a feeling if we come and you are that close, we may the ones buying you that drink!!.....

Thanks again. Steelere Nation is awesome!!!

Go Steelers and prosper in 2009! Onward to #7!

:tt1

MicroBioSteel
04-15-2009, 11:43 AM
yeah, i mean just imagine if the 6 OT penguins/flyers game from a few years back took place on the west coast...that game wouldn't have ended until like 4am eastern time :lol:

Proudly failed a Physics exam then next day! Thought I would study "after the game"

I will always remember that one.

RuthlessBurgher
04-15-2009, 12:03 PM

Proudly failed a Physics exam then next day! Thought I would study "after the game"

I will always remember that one.

A quality body check in a Pittsburgh vs. Philly overtime hockey game is a good illustration of force = mass X acceleration (especially since the ice surface makes the effect of friction minimal)

:mrgreen: