PDA

View Full Version : Browns

fordfixer
04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Q: Why can't Cleveland Browns players find the Browns web site on the Internet?

A: They haven't been able to get three ''W's'' in a row all season!

anger 82&95
04-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Remember when so many self-proclaimed “experts” were picking the Browns to seriously compete in the AFC north?

Ozey74
04-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Remember when so many self-proclaimed “experts” were picking the Browns to seriously compete in the AFC north?

ESPN's very own Chris Mortansen had them going to the SB.

:brownssuck

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2009, 10:09 AM

I have a funny feeling that they won't be repeating as "off-season champs" of 2009. They will have to live with those 7 months without any actual football games played last year from February until August where people thought that the Browns actually had a good team for the first time in 45 years. :lol:

Djfan
04-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Honestly, I feel sorry for Derek Anderson. I think he has something to offer the right team, but the stains are never the right team. He would have been better to land in Buffalo or something.

frankthetank1
04-13-2009, 11:35 AM
i thought a couple years ago the browns were starting to turn it around. they are worse off now then any other time. even when the take a couple steps forward the take a bunch of steps backwards. thats what they get for giving a guy like stallworth a big contract. rogers was good for them but they have no one around him. they are such a pathetic franchise. thank god the steelers won that game at hines a couple years ago, when cribbs had that return and they ended up missing a long field goal to lose. that was the closest out of any of the games in the current winning streak the steelers have against the stains

fezziwig
04-13-2009, 05:24 PM
That franchise seems cursed. It doesn't help that they have to play the Steelers or the Baltimore Browns either.

Seems like everytime they start to show promise something stupid happens.
They bring in coaches and want them to make chicken soup out of chicken $hit and when they start to make the turn for the better, they axe the coach.
They get loud mouth players that would rather talk trash, cause the flag to be thrown at a pivitol time of the games and just stupid stuff.
They get a couple of wins going, listen to the press and then they think they have arrived.

To me their players have always been the little kid that wants to prove he can hang out with the big kids and never can.

That team is also a career killer for the players that could have a future.
Couch, Anderson and now Brady to name a few.

Did you hear that it will be an open competition at quarterback this season for the quarterbacks ?
Bad mistake because they can't even start to grow or plan for the season. Stuff like this causes division among the quarterbacks, players, coaches and fans.
This team never plays their best hand.

That team will never learn.

I seen a Browns fan in my area today at the lumber yard. ( north of the burgh )
He had his bulky winter Browns jacket on and walked around cocky as could be. First off he looked like a crack head and secondly, how in the heck could he be proud of his team and try to strut around Steeler country ?
People were just shanking their heads and laughing as he pranced around.

Uncle Rico
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-4xvO1z58o

Oviedo
04-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Rumors of Brady Quinn being traded to the 49ers. I'm sure he will be made very welcome and fit in more ways than one. Also heard on Mike and Mike this morning that Mangini like Anderson's arm better than Quinn's for what he wants to do. I would love to continue facing Derek Anderson twice a year.

Niners looking for a new QB?
According to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle, former No. 1 overall pick Alex Smith looked pretty bad during the San Francisco 49ers' most recent minicamp. Smith's passes were loose, and it appeared that he was still suffering some aftereffects of his shoulder surgery.
This lackluster output, combined with the fact that the team has hosted both Mark Sanchez and Matthew Stafford in recent weeks, has led to speculation that they aren't satisfied with either Smith or Shaun Hill entering the 2009 season as the team's starting quarterback. It's expected that the team's offense this season will be run-heavy to make use of their best offensive player, Frank Gore, as well as to take the ball out of the hands of whoever does win the starting QB battle.

But the other option is to acquire another player to compete with Smith and Hill for the job, and with the free-agent market all but completely dried up after the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' signing of Byron Leftwich, that would leave the draft and a trade. It's possible that Sanchez and Stafford will both be gone by the time the 49ers' first pick rolls around at No. 10, and Kansas State's Josh Freeman would be a big stretch with that pick. Furthermore, rookie quarterbacks are always a gamble, and none of the top triumvirate of gunslingers in this year's draft class are considered surefire superstars, either.

Therefore, the 49ers could very likely be the mystery team that has been linked to a trade with the Cleveland Browns for Brady Quinn. The National Football Post has been informed by multiple sources that there is a team who has put a first-round pick on the table in exchange for Quinn, and the Niners would make a world of sense in that role. The team has searched fruitlessly for a stud quarterback since the Jeff Garcia days earlier this decade, and by all indications Quinn is a superstar waiting for the right situation.

In spite of other needs perhaps outweighing signal-caller -- including safety, wide receiver and linebacker -- making a move for Quinn would give the offense a genuine facelift, and would also silence critics of general manager Scot McCloughan, who has been steadfast in defending his decision to draft Smith with the No. 1 pick in 2005. The NFL is still the "League of Quarterbacks", and this team would be in much better shape in 2009 with Quinn under center instead of Smith or Hill.

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 03:44 PM
It is possible that Browns could trade Quinn for the Niners' #10 pick, then take Sanchez with #5 pick and an Orakpo type with pick #10.

Oviedo
04-14-2009, 03:50 PM
It is possible that Browns could trade Quinn for the Niners' #10 pick, then take Sanchez with #5 pick and an Orakpo type with pick #10.

The 49ers would be nuts to give up a #10 pick for an unproven QB who was drafted in the 20s to begin with. Quinn is worth no more than a 2nd round pick.

RuthlessBurgher
04-14-2009, 04:19 PM

The 49ers would be nuts to give up a #10 pick for an unproven QB who was drafted in the 20s to begin with. Quinn is worth no more than a 2nd round pick.

But if San Fran is unhappy with Smith and Hill, have no other quality FA QB options after Garcia and Leftwich signed, thinks that both Stafford and Sanchez will be gone before pick #10, and think that #10 is too early for Josh Freeman, they could pull the trigger. I'm not saying it is smart...but it could happen.

proudpittsburgher
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
So let's think this through, and try and figure out how Cleveland could screw up this situation somehow. They landed themselves in a position before last season where they actually had two good QB's on their roster, a franchise QB (Quinn) and someone who looked very good in Anderson. So, instead of trading one of them while their value was high, they go with the experience over the rookie, find out the experienced QB sucks, turn to the Rook mid season. So trade value is now virtually nil on the experienced QB. And now, they are looking at trading the rook, who may or may not have a future as a QB. Do I hav this right? They went from having two good QB's, to possibly none, in just over a season. Nicely done, Stains. Please, Browns fans, don't even wonder why your franchise is hopeless.

Oviedo
04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Lots of buzz on the radio talk show circuit about Braylon Edwards going to the Giants. Looks like Mangini may want to start from scratch which is OK because the Stains would just continue to suck for several more years.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

MaxAMillion
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
If you trade Edwards, you might as well trade Quinn as well. I don't think it is a bad move if the coach is promised 4-5 years to turn things around. Edwards drops too many passes for me and I think Quinn is overrated.

The Stains "might" actually be good in 3-4 years with these moves.

RuthlessBurgher
04-16-2009, 12:14 PM
If you trade Edwards, you might as well trade Quinn as well. I don't think it is a bad move if the coach is promised 4-5 years to turn things around. Edwards drops too many passes for me and I think Quinn is overrated.

The Stains "might" actually be good in 3-4 years with these moves.

However, the fact that they would be trading away Winslow, Edwards, and Quinn all at the same time would be that they would royally suck right now (surprise, surprise), and if they ended up with 5 first day picks in this draft after trading all of those guys, they will have some difficult decisions to make a few years down the road when all of those young premium picks would be eligible for free agency all at the same time.