PDA

View Full Version : Did the Rooneys Ask the league for the Hines Ward rule?

flippy
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
I suspect the Steelers asked the league to not allow WRs to hit anybody any more to give them an out with Ward.

If Ward has to stop blowing people up every other play, he'll lose favor with the fans, and the Rooney's will be able to let him walk without overpaying him and will more easily get fan support for doing so since people will point to his diminishing impact/value more easily.

RuthlessBurgher
04-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I suspect the Steelers asked the league to not allow WRs to hit anybody any more to give them an out with Ward.

If Ward has to stop blowing people up every other play, he'll lose favor with the fans, and the Rooney's will be able to let him walk without overpaying him and will more easily get fan support for doing so since people will point to his diminishing impact/value more easily.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol:

birtikidis
04-10-2009, 05:58 PM
:Agree

ikestops85
04-10-2009, 06:08 PM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

+1

Djfan
04-10-2009, 07:30 PM
This is clearly one of the strangest posts (all of them included) that I have read on this board.

Ozey74
04-10-2009, 08:42 PM
A smiley dude scatching his head icon would be appropiate here.

Jooser
04-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Flip, what the hell's in that special sauce anyways? LMAO, haven't heard from ya in a while, but you made it count.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/zerglin/Motivational%20Posters/motivationalposter145.jpg

pittpete
04-10-2009, 08:45 PM
http://www.cvreefers.org/images/smilies/dazed024.gif

BradshawsHairdresser
04-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Dan Rooney was strenuously and loudly objecting to the rule, according to a report published in the days leading up to its adoption by the league. I know I read this--if I can find a link, I'll post it.

Oviedo
04-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Are you Oliver Stone. That is as crazy a conspiracy theory as I have ever heard.

plainnasty
04-10-2009, 10:36 PM
The NFL's eight-man competition committee had unanimously recommended what has been called the "Hines Ward Rule" to owners. The Steelers were the only team to vote against the rule that aims to eliminate helmet-to-helmet contact on blindside blocks.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 17658.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/mostread/s_617658.html)

Discipline of Steel
04-11-2009, 06:22 AM
CONSPIRACY THEORY #2

The Steelers voted against this rule, even though they knew it was going to pass, because die-hard fans like us would love them for it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM

I am shocked that none of you bastages responded with the standard "Okay, a simple 'wrong' would've done just fine." I can make one innocent "Waterboy" quote and an entire thread is suddenly hijacked with every conceivable line from that movie, but I guess the love for Adam Sandler movies does not go all the back to "Billy Madison." :moon :lol:

JDSteeler
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
NO!

stlrz d
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM

I am shocked that none of you bastages responded with the standard "Okay, a simple 'wrong' would've done just fine." I can make one innocent "Waterboy" quote and an entire thread is suddenly hijacked with every conceivable line from that movie, but I guess the love for Adam Sandler movies does not go all the back to "Billy Madison." :moon :lol:

I knew it was Billy Madison.

Waterboy quotes are much more fun though.

Now your name is needle dick. :P :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM

I knew it was Billy Madison.

Waterboy quotes are much more fun though.

Now your name is needle dick. :P :lol:

But Waterboy doesn't have "If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis." :lol:

Jooser
04-11-2009, 03:29 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/waterboytackle.jpg

Is there any coincidence that they chose brown and orange uniforms and called them 'mud dogs' as the worst team in college football for this movie? Or is it just me?

:wft

flippy
04-12-2009, 06:54 AM

Its right up there with the logic of suggesting we draft oline in the 1st round of the draft :D

flippy
04-12-2009, 06:54 AM
CONSPIRACY THEORY #2

The Steelers voted against this rule, even though they knew it was going to pass, because die-hard fans like us would love them for it.

exactly

Chachi
04-12-2009, 09:03 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/16hpy6u.jpg

Jooser
04-12-2009, 09:19 AM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/dinodna7/conspiracy.jpg :stirpot