PDA

View Full Version : Draft Predictions...

Jom112
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Not that anyone checks this subforum, but I figured I would start a thread with what you guys think your team will do. Not who you want your team to select but based on stories/rumors you've read, team needs and prior drafting history, who do you think your team will select?

Here is what I think the Bengals will do (This could change if we trade Chad but for now):

1st Rd Andre Smith, OT
2nd Rd Connor Barwin, DE/OLB
3rd Rd Eric Wood, C
3rd Rd (Comp) Cornelius Ingram, TE
4th Rd Jasper Brinkly, LB
5th Rd DeAngelo Smith, CB
6th Rd Bernard Scott, RB
6th Rd (Comp) Jake Richardson, P
7th Rd Fui Vakapuna, RB/FB
7th Rd (Comp) Mike Mitchell, S
7th Rd (Comp) Jake Ingram, LS - The top rated Long Snapper in the draft, oh yeah!!!

Jom112
01-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Just looked back at this thread and realized I hit correctly on 3 picks and in the correct rounds as well.

Andre Smith in the 1st
Bernard Scott in the 6th
Fui Vakapuna in the 7th

Man my team is predictable...

steelblood
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM
That is pretty impressive. Eric Wood in the 3rd was pretty funny. But, other than that, you did a good job slotting players as well. I still can't belive Rey fell to you guys. I knew that he was a late first round talent. What a steal.

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2010, 11:04 AM
I few years ago, I predicted half of our draft class correctly (4 out of 8 players right). I had two of them, LaMarr Woodley and Ryan McBean, exactly right (correct player in correct round), if I recall correctly, and I also predicted the Daniel Sepulveda and Matt Spaeth picks as well, but I think those two guys were taken 1-2 rounds earlier than I suggested in my mock that year. I had Adam Carriker in the first instead of Timmons, though.

Jom112
01-28-2010, 11:27 AM
That is pretty impressive. Eric Wood in the 3rd was pretty funny. But, other than that, you did a good job slotting players as well. I still can't belive Rey fell to you guys. I knew that he was a late first round talent. What a steal.

Mike Mitchell in the 7th is even funnier considering crazy Al took him in the 2nd round. :lol:

I few years ago, I predicted half of our draft class correctly (4 out of 8 players right). I had two of them, LaMarr Woodley and Ryan McBean, exactly right (correct player in correct round), if I recall correctly, and I also predicted the Daniel Sepulveda and Matt Spaeth picks as well, but I think those two guys were taken 1-2 rounds earlier than I suggested in my mock that year. I had Adam Carriker in the first instead of Timmons, though.

4 correct is pretty impressive. Surprised you didn't predict Timmons though, the Steelers telegraphed that pick...

RuthlessBurgher
01-28-2010, 02:30 PM

Mike Mitchell in the 7th is even funnier considering crazy Al took him in the 2nd round. :lol:

4 correct is pretty impressive. Surprised you didn't predict Timmons though, the Steelers telegraphed that pick...

It wasn't as much what I thought the team would do as it was what I would have liked the team to do. I liked Carriker better than Timmons or even Revis. D'Oh! Of course, the Rams took him 2 spots ahead of Timmons and 1 spot ahead of Revis, so the Steelers didn't have a shot at him that year anyway. Of course, he's done basically jack squat in St. Louis since he's been drafted, so that shows what kind of elite talent evaluator I am. :wink:

I liked Amobi Okoye even more than Carriker, but he hasn't done much either. Oh well. It wasn't all bad, though. I was high on Patrick Willis that year and I figured that "Adrian Peterson" fellow would be half-decent :P , and had a full-blown man-crush on Calvin Johnson. My yearly maniacal draft trade proposal that year was to trade our 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th in 2007 and our 2nd, 4th, and 6th in 2008 for Calvin (that's right...a Ditka trade, albeit spread over two seasons. :lol:) Now that I think about it, I never went back and looked at what those picks turned out to be. Let's see...

1. Lawrence Timmons
3. Matt Spaeth
5. Cam Stephenson
7. Dallas Baker

2. Limas Sweed
4. Tony Hills
6. Mike Humpal

Would it have been a good trade if those 7 picks went to Detroit and we had Calvin Johnson instead? Hells to the yes! Screw you Ditka! I would have actually pulled off your draft trade masterpiece!!! :lol:

This year, my only crazy trade so far is hoping that Eric Berry somehow slips to #10 (won't happen) and we trade our #1 and #2 to get him. Surely it won't happen, but at least it's not as convoluted as the insane Calvin trade.