PDA

View Full Version : NFL.Com Mock Draft 3.0

Steeler Mafia
04-08-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fa8472&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Mock draft 3.0: Stafford still the pick for Lions at No. 1
By Charles Davis | NFL Network Analyst

Previous mock drafts: Version 1.0 | 2.0

Mock draft: Round 1

1. Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia
2. Rams Jason Smith OT Baylor
3. Chiefs Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
4. Seahawks Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
5. Browns Brian Orakpo DE/LB Texas
6. Bengals Andre Smith OT Alabama
7. Raiders Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
8. Jaguars Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
9. Packers Malcolm Jenkins CB/S Ohio State
10. 49ers Mark Sanchez QB USC
11. Bills Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State
12. Broncos B.J. Raji DT Boston College
13. Redskins Tyson Jackson DE LSU
14. Saints Brian Cushing LB USC
15. Texans Vontae Davis CB Illinois
16. Chargers Rey Maualuga LB USC us pick
17. Jets Josh Freeman QB Kansas State
18. Broncos Aaron Maybin DE/LB Penn State
19. Buccaneers Peria Jerry DT Mississippi
20. Lions Michael Oher OT Mississippi
21. Eagles Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia
22. Vikings Percy Harvin WR Florida
23. Patriots Clay Matthews LB USC
24. Falcons Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
25. Dolphins Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
26. Ravens James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
27. Colts Evander "Ziggy" Hood DT Missouri
28. Eagles Eben Britton OT Arizona
29. Giants Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
30. Titans Robert Ayers DE Tennessee
31. Cardinals Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio State
32. Steelers William Beatty OT Connecticut

Who the flock is William Beatty?!? This Charles Davis guy is a moron. Kind of like Seth Davis for SI picking Michigan State to win over UNC. Idiots!!!

stlrz d
04-08-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=OT (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=32937&draftyear=2009&genpos=OT)

Oracle
04-08-2009, 05:42 PM
i love the pick.

i don't think he will be there, though, because the eagles will likely take him with one of their two picks but we'll see.

i have said left tackle from the beginning. we'll see.

Jom112
04-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm actually not a big fan of Beatty. Everyone seems to love him lately, especially after the combine but watching him play I wan't that impressed. He seemed over-matched at the Senior Bowl. I could be wrong though, I've only seen him in limited action.

I agree with your Bengals pick. Right now I think Andre Smith is the front runner for our selection (Assuming Eugene Monroe and Aaron Curry are off the board)...

RuthlessBurgher
04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Who the flock is William Beatty?!?

http://www.twistedsiblings.com/gallery/albums/twisted_stickers/deliverance.gif

Oh wait, that is Ned Beatty. :oops:

Beatty will likely be gone by the time we pick at #32. He's a guy that may have been originally tagged with a 2nd round value, but because of the need for OT prospects league-wide, he will likely come off the board in the second half the first round (like Gosder Cherilus, Sam Baker, and Duane Brown last year). He's currently battling Eben Britton to see who is the next tackle off the board following the top four at that position. I've had him projected to Detroit with the #20 pick that they got from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade (last year's top pick Cherilus could be their RT of the future with Beatty their LT of future to protect Matt Stafford, who would appear to be their QB of the future). If he falls, though, he is worth consideration (since both of your starting tackles have contracts which will expire at the end of this season).

Steeler Mafia
04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
As someone previously said in another thread, if both are available, why would we settle for the #6 LT in the draft when we could get the #1 Center. Granted we do have Hartwig and he is better than our previous center Mahan, but that is not saying much. Hell, my 2 year old son would be better playing center for the Steelers than Mahan. I think we should take Mack and let him play at another OL spot for a year until Hartwigs contract is up. It worked out for D Dawson.

grotonsteel
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Will Steelers make a move on V Davis if he falls below 20? Steelers are bringing in lots of CBs for visit.