PDA

View Full Version : Watching NFL Game of the Week...

Wolfhound45
04-07-2009, 08:18 PM
The 2005 postseason wild card game between the Bungals and the Steelers (January 8th, 2006).

Hate to admit it, but after having watched the play where CP is injured, I would have been ticked off if I was a Bungals fan. In my opinion, it is clear that KVO did not mean to hurt him, but that does not mean anything when your star QB is knocked out of the game on the first play against your most bitter rival.

Talk about a cursed team.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-08-2009, 08:44 AM
There is a difference between being ticked off at circumstances and the irrational need to blame somebody else for your misfortune.

Had it been a cheap shot then you can lay blame, but it was not. These things happen, move on.

rpmpit
04-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Looking back, I wish it never happened. We would have beaten them anyway and them being at full strength would have given them less to cry about. And it seems like Palmer hasn't been the same since the injury.

The rivalry was starting to heat up back then and now its become a joke. Two easy wins per season. Yeah, I'll take the wins but our tough schedule this year proved that real competition week-in and week-out is what prepares a team for the playoffs.

Jom112
04-08-2009, 10:21 AM
The 2005 postseason wild card game between the Bungals and the Steelers (January 8th, 2006).

Hate to admit it, but after having watched the play where CP is injured, I would have been ticked off if I was a Bungals fan. In my opinion, it is clear that KVO did not mean to hurt him, but that does not mean anything when your star QB is knocked out of the game on the first play against your most bitter rival.

I saw it on NFL Network and I couldn't bring myself to watch the game again.

That play when Carson and Henry for that matter got injured felt like a punch in the gut, literally. But that's football, you move on. It wasn't a cheap shot, just an unfortunate one...

rpmpit
04-08-2009, 10:51 AM

I saw it on NFL Network and I couldn't bring myself to watch the game again.

That play when Carson and Henry for that matter got injured felt like a punch in the gut, literally. But that's football, you move on. It wasn't a cheap shot, just an unfortunate one...

Jom, I'm sure it hurts. Its like me being unable to rewatch SBXXX or either of the AFCCGs vs the Pats.

Jigawatts
04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
No doubt the Palmer injury was a killer, but the game was within bungal reach until
Ben hit Ced on the trick play. That completely sucked the wind out of the bungals sails.

feltdizz
04-08-2009, 03:37 PM

When it happened I had no mercy... I screamed "welcome to the playoffs"

it wasn't intentional but even if it was.. it's a rivalry game.
If it happened to Ben I would be PO'ed...

mshifko
04-08-2009, 05:53 PM

When it happened I had no mercy... I screamed "welcome to the playoffs"

it wasn't intentional but even if it was.. it's a rivalry game.
If it happened to Ben I would be PO'ed...

it almost did....when we played them at home that season, if you remember odell thurman hit ben below the knees after the play....he got whistled for unsportsmanlike conduct, i remember that being a cheap shot and an intentional attempt to hurt ben....

KVO didn't cheap shot palmer though, it wasn't like that at all, but i see where you are coming from, i'd been ticked if it happened to ben

Jom112
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
it almost did....when we played them at home that season, if you remember odell thurman hit ben below the knees after the play....he got whistled for unsportsmanlike conduct, i remember that being a cheap shot and an intentional attempt to hurt ben....

KVO didn't cheap shot palmer though, it wasn't like that at all, but i see where you are coming from, i'd been ticked if it happened to ben

Do you remember Ben's quote after that game when Odell hit him?

Something along the lines of "Whenever a defender goes low it's kind of a cheap shot". Your quarterbacks words not mine.

EDIT: Found the link

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05342/618972.stm

"From what I heard, he said he got pushed or tripped or something; but anytime you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty." - Ben Roethlisberger

EDIT 2: Here is a quote from Hartings after the game

However, Steelers center Jeff Hartings said later in the day that the Thurman hit, which resulted in a 15-yard penalty for roughing the passer, may have been caused by him accidentally tripping Thurman.

"I inadvertently tripped him," Hartings said. "It shows on the film."