64. Pittsburgh Steelers: Keenan Lewis, CB / Oregon State

Round 3 / 96 : Terrance Taylor, DT / Michigan
Round 4 / 132: Jason Watkins, OT / Florida
Round 5 / 168: Ramses Barden, WR / Cal-Poly
Round 5 / 169: Kyle Moore, DE / USC
Round 6 / 205: Louis Vasquez, OG / Texas Tech
Round 7 / 226: Brandon Summers, FB / UNLV
Round 7 / 241: Anthony Felder, LB / California

I think the team will lean heavily in the trenches this year.....of course, who doesn't? :roll:

Alright let me have it! :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
That is an excellent mock draft.

steelblood
04-06-2009, 04:38 PM
2009 NFL Draft:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alex Mack, C / California

2nd Round:
64. Pittsburgh Steelers: Keenan Lewis, CB / Oregon State

I think the team will lean heavily in the trenches this year.....of course, who doesn't? :roll:

I like the Mack, Taylor, Moore, Vasquez, and Summers picks. I'd be pretty happy with those. The rest I'd be less than thrilled with. I know the Steelers like Keenan Lewis, but I really don't care for his game and think he's a fourth round talent at best. Watkins is a good athlete, but he is not real tough or strong. And, for as good an athlete as he is, he was abused in the Senior Bowl practices. Barden is huge. But, that is about the only thing I like. We took Sweed, we don't need anymore storks. We need quick guys who can also be returners.

SidSmythe
04-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I think the Steelers trade away and don't pick this many players. They never do. So I see them moving up in a round by trading away an extra pick.

AkronSteel
04-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I think the Steelers trade away and don't pick this many players. They never do. So I see them moving up in a round by trading away an extra pick.

I agree....I think they should trade up in the 3rd round for a player that they target!!! They really don't need to draft 8 players b/c only 5 will probably make the team!!! I think they should use their extra picks to move around for players they want....just like you said! I just didn't wanna go there in the mock too much!!! Although I did make the trade with Jacksonville and Denver!

buckeyehoppy
04-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Round 1 / 32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alex Mack, C / California
Round 2 / 64. Pittsburgh Steelers: Keenan Lewis, CB / Oregon State

AMack MUST be taken if he is on the board @ 1.32...PERIOD.

Not crazy about taking a CB with the 2nd pick. I feel that the Steelers need to give a long look to Gay and Roy Lewis before they bring in another draftee. Besides, shoring up the DL can cover for a lot of (potential) sins that may be committed by the secondary. Although, I see your logic with that round...most of the worthwhile DL from that round you have gone by about a dozen picks before that.

As for the rest: I'm afraid of the correlation between Watkins and Starks (OT, Florida, etc.). Hope that lightning doesn't strike twice on that paradigm. Like Taylor with that 3rd pick and if Barden was there at the end of the 5th, I'd personally be shocked.

Another guy I wouldn't mind having, just between a couple Buckeye fans, is Nader Abdallah on the DL. That guy plays with a truckload of grit. I'd love to see him either in the 7th or as an UDFA...here's hoping.

Overall, a pretty decent mock. :Cheers AS

Oviedo
04-07-2009, 08:45 AM

I'd actually like to see them trade out of 1.32 and drop down into the Top 10 of Round 2. That should get them another 4th. I would then package picks and try to move up from 2.64 and 3.96. Going up 5-7 picks in Round 2 and Round 3 could make a huge difference in the players we get.

I agree that only 5-6 rookies make this team so having 9 picks is too many. You also have to figure that at least two players will get promoted from the Practice Squad (Roy Lewis and Ryan Mundy) plus we always seem to have about two UDFAs that make the final 53.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm afraid of the correlation between Watkins and Starks (OT, Florida, etc.). Hope that lightning doesn't strike twice on that paradigm.

I'd be thrilled if we could pick up another Max Starks in the fourth round. Starks has done well as the 75th overall pick, I'd love to get one like him at 4-132.

I'd be more worried if he was being compared to the last OT we drafted in the fourth.....Willie Colon @ 4-131.

Oviedo
04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm afraid of the correlation between Watkins and Starks (OT, Florida, etc.). Hope that lightning doesn't strike twice on that paradigm.

I'd be thrilled if we could pick up another Max Starks in the fourth round. Starks has done well as the 75th overall pick, I'd love to get one like him at 4-132.

I'd be more worried if he was being compared to the last OT we drafted in the fourth.....Willie Colon @ 4-131.

:Agree Watkins IMO will be more like Colon than Starks. He just comes across as soft for an OL.

grotonsteel
04-07-2009, 03:06 PM

:Agree

I would love another Max Starks clone at RT.

grotonsteel
04-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I like AMack, Terrence taylor DT/Mich,Kyle Moore, DE / USC, Brandon Summers, FB / UNLV
and Anthony Felder, LB / California picks.

Steelers should take Phil Loadholt if he is available at 64.

I prefer Jairus Byrd over keenan Lewis at CB position.

AkronSteel
04-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I like AMack, Terrence taylor DT/Mich,Kyle Moore, DE / USC, Brandon Summers, FB / UNLV
and Anthony Felder, LB / California picks.

Steelers should take Phil Loadholt if he is available at 64.

I prefer Jairus Byrd over keenan Lewis at CB position.

I prefer Byrd as well but I was trying to do my mock the way I think they will and they never do what I really want them to!!! :roll:

They always make that one pick where I am just stunned....like Bruce Davis last year! I just see how they like Lewis and that is the reason for my selection for them there! I would much rather have Byrd, and I would much rather have Mike Thomas instead of Barden but I don't think Thomas will be there in the 5th, heck Barden might not even be there. Here's hoping we have our choice!!! :lol:

AkronSteel
04-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Round 1 / 32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alex Mack, C / California
Round 2 / 64. Pittsburgh Steelers: Keenan Lewis, CB / Oregon State

AMack MUST be taken if he is on the board @ 1.32...PERIOD.

Not crazy about taking a CB with the 2nd pick. I feel that the Steelers need to give a long look to Gay and Roy Lewis before they bring in another draftee. Besides, shoring up the DL can cover for a lot of (potential) sins that may be committed by the secondary. Although, I see your logic with that round...most of the worthwhile DL from that round you have gone by about a dozen picks before that.

As for the rest: I'm afraid of the correlation between Watkins and Starks (OT, Florida, etc.). Hope that lightning doesn't strike twice on that paradigm. Like Taylor with that 3rd pick and if Barden was there at the end of the 5th, I'd personally be shocked.

Another guy I wouldn't mind having, just between a couple Buckeye fans, is Nader Abdallah on the DL. That guy plays with a truckload of grit. I'd love to see him either in the 7th or as an UDFA...here's hoping.

Overall, a pretty decent mock. :Cheers AS

One Buckeye I was thinking about was Brian Hartline! The kid is a good route runner and is tough! He sorta reminds me of Anthony Gonzalez w/o the speed! I might consider him a good selection if we were able to get him in the middle rounds!

AkronSteel
04-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I sure hope the Clowns don't draft the way I have it going for them either! Orakpo.....McCoy....and Gilbert in the first two rounds would really help them out alot!!!! Here's hoping that Mangina is just as stupid as his predecessors!

:brownssuck