PDA

View Full Version : Keyaron Fox Re-ups

BradshawsHairdresser
04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Per KFFL.

This is not going to get much media attention, but was a key re-signing, IMO.
Fox was a big part of the reason our special teams coverage units improved so dramatically in 2008.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM
2 years, $1.8 million, $380,000 signing bonus, as reported by John Clayton of ESPN.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2009, 12:03 PM
NICE. Solid signing. The big-time media outlets will not care about a special teams coverage guy re-signing, but these are the kinds of under-the-radar Steeler-type signings that truly pay dividends. I was surprised it did not happen sooner, but I'm glad it did ultimately happen.

Next up, bring back Leftwich. When Washington told him that he would not be competing with Campbell to be a starter, he told them that if he was going to sign as a backup-only somewhere, that place was going to be Pittsburgh.

MeetJoeGreene
04-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I agree -- good signing.

Lets get that other Linebacker by the name of James resigned now.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Solid offseason by the FO thus far.... re-sign key "affordable" players and let those that aren't worthy of big bucks, who are seeking them, leave...

B-Mac is the only "miss" to me. I'd have paid him what he got.

BURGH86STEEL
04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Appears to be another solid move by the organization. He was a good special teams player last year and the move adds depth to the LB position.

Oviedo
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Appears to be another solid move by the organization. He was a good special teams player last year and the move adds depth to the LB position.

Yep!!! The FO continues to do it right retaining good value at a good price without making "splashy" plays in the free agent market and overpaying when the market is hot and desperate teams are on a spending spree.

AkronSteel
04-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Love the signing! The guy was a major cog in the special coverage units last year which was probably the most improved unit on the team. I think the guy brings solid depth and a great attitude.

:2c

Iron Shiek
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
As a big Fox fan...let me throw in my :tt2 to the F.O. and Key himself.

Good job team.

Jooser
04-06-2009, 08:06 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/congrats.gif

Djfan
04-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Great signing. He has a future and I'm glad it's with us.

buckeyehoppy
04-07-2009, 12:32 AM
This is a great re-up for the Steelers. Fox's value to ST is greater than the overall price tag on the deal. He also adds depth at LB and I'm sure we will continue to see him in situational defensive sets over the next two years.

frankthetank1
04-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Solid offseason by the FO thus far.... re-sign key "affordable" players and let those that aren't worthy of big bucks, who are seeking them, leave...

B-Mac is the only "miss" to me. I'd have paid him what he got.

but if they paid bmac it would be less money for harrison, heath and all the other players that are entering the last year in their contract

DukieBoy
04-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Excellent re-signing. Fox was significant to our ST's sharp improvement. The Steeler way works!

I watched Schein's video yesterday picking the Cheatriots*** to take it all this year based on all their re-tread signings. It's in contrast to the Steeler way, and would be most gratifying if it collapses up in Asterickland.

grotonsteel
04-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Excellent re-signing. He was awesome last year.

Anyone knows whether Steelers have re-signed Donovan Woods?

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2009, 12:04 PM

From cbssports.com:

Steelers ink nine to deals: The Steelers signed the following players to Reserve/Futures contracts: WR Dallas Baker, CB Roy Lewis, RB Stefan Logan, S Ryan Mundy, FB Ryan Powdrell, TE Dezmond Sherrod, RB Justin Vincent, WR Brandon Williams and LB Donovan Woods.
(Updated 02/17/2009).

grotonsteel
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM

From cbssports.com:

Steelers ink nine to deals: The Steelers signed the following players to Reserve/Futures contracts: WR Dallas Baker, CB Roy Lewis, RB Stefan Logan, S Ryan Mundy, FB Ryan Powdrell, TE Dezmond Sherrod, RB Justin Vincent, WR Brandon Williams and LB Donovan Woods.
(Updated 02/17/2009).

:oops:

Thanks for the info .

Bruce Davis better watch out.