PDA

View Full Version : More fun with Plax!

anger 82&95
04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
This highly sagacious and circumspect pillar of society should be expecting a call from Al Davis any day now.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9418 ... p?MSNHPHMA (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9418902/Police:-Plax-cursed-out-cop-during-traffic-stop?MSNHPHMA)

Chavezz
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
This guy has become a joke. There have been a few players on this team that made it hard to root for them. Burress was one of them, he just never fit on this team. Anthony Smith was another that didn't get it here.

The FO normally does a good job in avoiding the me first guys but occasionally they get blinded by talent.

Vontae Davis is the one I'm concerned most about in this draft. On paper he's a perfect CB for us and with his latest drama he's probably going to available to us. I hope we don't make the mistake of drafting him in hopes of changing him.

Herewegosteelers!
04-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes the Steelers normally do a great job of drafting good people not just good players and Plax and Smith were a couple of mistakes that they made. I can't think of any other real trouble makers that they had or have. (Porter was in the wrong place at the wrong time . Holmes was close but I think he'll be okay from now on) Too bad about Plax. He could have been a HOF receiver if he kept his head on straight.

anger 82&95
04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Yes the Steelers normally do a great job of drafting good people not just good players and Plax and Smith were a couple of mistakes that they made. I can't think of any other real trouble makers that they had or have. (Porter was in the wrong place at the wrong time . Holmes was close but I think he'll be okay from now on) Too bad about Plax. He could have been a HOF receiver if he kept his head on straight. I really thought the guy was maturing as a player and as an adult during the early phase of his contract with the Giants; however, these days he just keeps digging a deeper hole for himself with every asinine incident.

Chavezz
04-05-2009, 07:08 PM
[quote="Herewegosteelers!":1wqfu7ka]Yes the Steelers normally do a great job of drafting good people not just good players and Plax and Smith were a couple of mistakes that they made. I can't think of any other real trouble makers that they had or have. (Porter was in the wrong place at the wrong time . Holmes was close but I think he'll be okay from now on) Too bad about Plax. He could have been a HOF receiver if he kept his head on straight. I really thought the guy was maturing as a player and as an adult during the early phase of his contract with the Giants; however, these days he just keeps digging a deeper hole for himself with every asinine incident.[/quote:1wqfu7ka]

That was his big money contract honeymoon. I talked to a Giant fan and told them when they signed Burress is you'll love him for a year and then the wheels are going to fall off. Took a little longer than I expected, but not much.

AngryAsian
04-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes the Steelers normally do a great job of drafting good people not just good players and Plax and Smith were a couple of mistakes that they made. I can't think of any other real trouble makers that they had or have. (Porter was in the wrong place at the wrong time . Holmes was close but I think he'll be okay from now on) Too bad about Plax. He could have been a HOF receiver if he kept his head on straight.

We have a new sheriff and his name is Mike Tomlin. MT is all about diligence at practice, professionalism at your craft, translating to production on the field free of the mindless chatter that a lot of NFL players seem to conduct themselves with. Those marginal character types will have no place on this squad, regardless of talent.

Snatch98
04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
What did Anthony Smith do wrong exactly? at least to the degree that the others listed here have done? He was/is young and spouted his mouth off once unless I'm forgetting some off field issues. I never had a problem with Anthony Smith.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
What did Anthony Smith do wrong exactly? at least to the degree that the others listed here have done? He was/is young and spouted his mouth off once unless I'm forgetting some off field issues. I never had a problem with Anthony Smith.

Showboating on an interception return, drawing Dick LeBeau's ire.

Attempting to lay out Willie Reid (twice) and Hines Ward during what were supposed to be non-contract drills.

feltdizz
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Plax wants out of football and I truly feel he wants to check out of the hotel(end his life)

Dude is just mad at life and mad at his own success...

I tried to like him but my mom warned me LOL!! she said he had the "look" and I wouldn't be surprised if this is why he is so mad.

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Plax wants out of football and I truly feel he wants to check out of the hotel(end his life)

I tried to like him but my mom warned me LOL!! she said he had the "look" and I wouldn't be surprised if this is why he is so mad.

My mama told me that Plaxico is ornery because he has all them teeth and no toothbrush. He needs to find happiness from the magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.

:P

Wolfhound45
04-07-2009, 12:45 PM

My mama told me that Plaxico is ornery because he has all them teeth and no toothbrush. He needs to find happiness from the magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.

Fool's ball! Bunch of overgrown monsters manhandling each other.

Remember when that man wanted you to play fool's ball, Bobby?

stlrz d
04-07-2009, 12:57 PM

No way. He just wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it and how he wants to do it...rules and/or laws be damned. He thinks he is above everything and everyone.

anger 82&95
04-07-2009, 06:35 PM

Remember when that man wanted you to play fool's ball, Bobby?Wow Dan, did you come up with that all by yourself? Shut up Brent!

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Remember when that man wanted you to play fool's ball, Bobby?Wow Dan, did you come up with that all by yourself? Shut up Brent!

"You know, Red's got a couple of solid early rounders out there."

"I know, but I really wanted to scout that waterboy. Reminds me of Greg Lloyd."

"Naw. Zach Thomas."

"Whatever."

stlrz d
04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
She showed me her boobies momma and I liked them too! :Boobs

Wolfhound45
04-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Bobby, that-that woman is the devil!

stlrz d
04-08-2009, 11:26 AM