PDA

View Full Version : Lolly Blog: Burress at Pittsburgh airport

costanza2k1
04-04-2009, 06:42 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... rport.html (http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/04/burress-at-pittsburgh-airport.html)

Friday, April 03, 2009
Burress at Pittsburgh airport
According to my good friend and former KDKA sports anchor John Steigerwald, troubled wide receiver Plaxico Burress was spotted soon after his release by the New York Giants at the Greater Pittsburgh Airport.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but you can bet that more than a few people out there started putting two-and-two together and coming up with five.

The Steelers need a wide receiver and Burress has a good relationship with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger from their time together here.

But it's highly doubtful the Steelers would even be slightly interested in bringing Burress back.

First, he's got a possible jail term hanging over his head stemming from gun charges in New York. Second, well, we don't have to go any further than the first point.

Burress isn't coming back.

It's more likely, by the way, that he was in Pittsburgh settling some other form of business. Burress has had several problems with creditors over the years, several from when he was with the Steelers.

Seems he sometimes forgets to pay his bills.

Personally, I never had a problem with Burress. I always found him approachable, even after a loss, which wasn't always the case with some of his teammates.

But he is certainly immature.

According to blogger Lance Zierlein - yes, the son of Steelers offensive line coach Larry Zierlein Jay Cutler was almost with the Browns.

Actually, according to Zierlein's well-placed source which wasn't his father there were a couple of trade possibilities involving the Browns and Cutler.

There was a three-team deal in the works that would have sent Cutler to Washington, Jason Campbell to Cleveland and Brady Quinn to Denver.

There was also a straight Cutler-for-Quinn deal that Cutler nixed.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 6:47 PM

Discipline of Steel
04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
HaHa! Cutler just said 'No!' to Cleveland.

DukieBoy
04-04-2009, 07:44 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2009/04/burress-at-pittsburgh-airport.html

Friday, April 03, 2009
Burress at Pittsburgh airport
According to my good friend and former KDKA sports anchor John Steigerwald, troubled wide receiver Plaxico Burress was spotted soon after his release by the New York Giants at the Greater Pittsburgh Airport.

According to blogger Lance Zierlein - yes, the son of Steelers offensive line coach Larry Zierlein Jay Cutler was almost with the Browns.

Actually, according to Zierlein's well-placed source which wasn't his father there were a couple of trade possibilities involving the Browns and Cutler.

There was a three-team deal in the works that would have sent Cutler to Washington, Jason Campbell to Cleveland and Brady Quinn to Denver.

There was also a straight Cutler-for-Quinn deal that Cutler nixed.Posted by Dale Lolley at 6:47 PM

Dissed yet again. They could have had Cutler to Cooley, if either would ever go there.

:brownssuck
:lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
04-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Burress isn't coming back.

fordfixer
04-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Just say NO!

stlrz d
04-05-2009, 10:06 AM

Just say NO!

I did...to Burress. :P

Scarletfire1970
04-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Nobody wants to go to Cleveland. Good thing they didn't get Cutler