PDA

View Full Version : Madden: Roethlisberger among the top five quarterbacks

fordfixer
04-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I know this is old but couldn't believe Madden said something good about a Steeler

By John Madden
NBCSports.com
updated 5:39 a.m. MT, Thurs., Oct. 9, 2008

John Madden

Each week John Madden answers readers questions. To ask Coach a question, e-mail him at: Madden@nbc.com

Coach, would you rank Ben Roethlisberger among the league's top five quarterbacks right now?
Tony from Reading, Penn

Tony, yes I would right now. He can just do so much and he is the greatest at keeping plays alive. There are some guys who are rhythm throwers you know one, two, three throw or one, two, three, four, five throw and there have been a lot of great quarterbacks who were that. Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and then you get Ben Roethlisberger he goes one, two, three, four, five get away from a tackle, six, seven, eight, nine, get away from another tackler, ten, eleven, twelve and the higher up the better he gets because he keeps plays alive. In doing so he takes a lot of hits, but I just love the way he plays. He is a tough guy and he's as hard to get to the ground as anyone and he will never ever give up on a play and that's part of the reason he is banged up. The answer to the question is yes. He is one of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

stlrz d
04-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm disappointed. There was no *boom* in that response.

Mick'sTeam
04-02-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm disappointed. There was no *boom* in that response.

or mention of Brett Favre!

stlrz d
04-02-2009, 11:34 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2pnmq2ot]I'm disappointed. There was no *boom* in that response.

or mention of Brett Favre![/quote:2pnmq2ot]

Oh I assure you I'm not disappointed about that! :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I would have been more surprised if Mark Madden said Ben was a top 5 QB than John Madden saying it.

stlrz d
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM
I would have been more surprised if Mark Madden said Ben was a top 5 QB than John Madden saying it.

You know what gets me about that guy? Obviously I'm not local so I don't hear his crap on a daily basis, but anytime there are one of those shows where they talk to local media guys he always has to throw in that he prefers hockey to football.

WTF...why do you have to throw that in AND if a guy prefers hockey to football why the hell are they even talking to him?????

Scarletfire1970
04-06-2009, 05:29 AM
Mark Madden LOVES Ben Roethlisberger. He thinks he is the best in the league and the "straw that stirs the drink" for the Steelers. Seriously, he's got nothing but good things to say about Ben. Ben also used to be his neighbor.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Mark Madden LOVES Ben Roethlisberger. He thinks he is the best in the league and the "straw that stirs the drink" for the Steelers. Seriously, he's got nothing but good things to say about Ben. Ben also used to be his neighbor.

Okay...thanks for setting me straight there. The only times that I listened to the guy when he was still on the air, he seemed to hate everything about the Steelers (but it seemed like it was just an act to stir up listeners with contrarian shock jock tactics). But not living in Pittsburgh, I would rarely hear him (and whenever I was in Pittsburgh on Steeler Sundays, I would prefer to listen to the DVE pre-game and post-game shows instead of Pittsburgh's ESPN radio where Madden used to work).