PDA

View Full Version : SN3 and SN4 are here!!!---updated with pics

SteelerNation1
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Hi all. I am happy to report that at 9:18 am and 9:26 am on April 1...Mrs SN1 delivered twin baby girls. They both weighed in at 4 lbs 13 oz and everybody is doing well. The first baby girl is named Tomlyn Kate and baby #2 is Sullivan Dawn. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm off to get some sleep, and start saving for their VERY expensive weddings! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

SteelerNation1
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh, I have to give credit where it's due. Jigawatts is responsible for the nicknames SN3 and SN4. Thanks Jig. :tt1

birtikidis
04-01-2009, 09:11 PM
congrats!

Jom112
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the baby girls SN1.

Hopefully their weddings won't be an expensive as mine's ended up being... :lol:

SteelerNation1
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM

Hopefully their weddings won't be an expensive as mine's ended up being... :lol:
LOL. I highly doubt they'll ever date, let alone get married. :lol:

RKSteel
04-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Congrats. I got three girls myself and an expanding firearms collection. :)

Speaking from experience, it takes 8-10 years of constant black and gold brainwashing to finally get them to watch Steeler games with you on Sundays.

But it is worth the effort. I think my kids are more fanatical about the Steelers now than I am.

SteelerNation1
04-01-2009, 09:26 PM

Speaking from experience, it takes 8-10 years of constant black and gold brainwashing to finally get them to watch Steeler games with you on Sundays.

But it is worth the effort. I think my kids are more fanatical about the Steelers now than I am.
I have a two yr old son and he LOVES the steelers. The brainwashing of the girls will begin tomorrow at 7 am. :D

rpmpit
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Congrats!!! Awesome news!!! The Nation grows...

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

fordfixer
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Congrats SN1 give our best to your wife, son, and the new girls :tt1 :Clap :Clap

Iron Shiek
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Way to go SN1!! Congrats brotha...

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2009, 10:22 PM

I have a two yr old son and he LOVES the steelers. The brainwashing of the girls will begin tomorrow at 7 am. :D

The brainwashing begins tomorrow?!?! Considering that one of the girls is already named after the coach, I think the brainwashing has already begun. Congrats, man!

(I'm shocked that my wife let us name a dog Rooney and a guinea pig Franco...I never even considered a Steeler-related name for one of our children...that's true devotion right there).

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/mike-tomlin.jpg

"After changing the 'i' to a 'y' in my name, I might have to make you change your banner to read 'SteelerNatyon'" -Mike Tomlyn

papillon
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM

They'll have to meet the Pappy2 and Pappy3 and then you'll see... :stirpot :stirpot

Pappy

fordfixer
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM

They'll have to meet the Pappy2 and Pappy3 and then you'll see... :stirpot :stirpot

Pappy

I can beat your pair of Pappy's with 3 fordfixer's :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM

Pappy

Man...with a boy and a girl, I don't even have a pair. I fold. :P

fordfixer
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM

Pappy

Man...with a boy and a girl, I don't even have a pair. I fold. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

costanza2k1
04-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Great news! Congrats! Get some rest you'll need it.

MeetJoeGreene
04-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Awesome!! Congrats!!

Love the name... you should really write the Steelers a letter about the the inspiration for Tomlyn's name... that coupled with your banner notoriety could get you more airtime than JD got with his fork!!!

Mister Pittsburgh
04-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Congratulations. I got one little girl and the brainwashing has definately been in full force.

stlrz d
04-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Congrats! Time to start selling some of that memorabilia...you've got college and season tickets to pay for! :lol:

Chadman
04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
WOOOOOO!!! :tt1 :tt1

Congrats SN1!!

2 little bundles huh? Hehe- no rest for the wicked!!

All the best to you, SN2 & of course, the littlest Steelers- SN3 & SN4.

Chadbaby is due in 9 weeks, so Chadman's countdown has begun....might need to pick the brain of experience before that date...expect some PM'S!!

motter1975
04-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Congratulations on your little ones!

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2009, 09:20 AM

Congrats SN1!!

Chadbaby is due in 9 weeks, so Chadman's countdown has begun....might need to pick the brain of experience before that date...expect some PM'S!!

Now that SN1 has thrown down the gauntlet with "Tomlyn" as a name, you have to one-up him with Chadbaby's name. Convince your wife to use "Roethlysberger" as a name and you win outright. :mrgreen:

SteelerNation1
04-02-2009, 09:42 AM

The brainwashing begins tomorrow?!?! Considering that one of the girls is already named after the coach, I think the brainwashing has already begun. Congrats, man!

(I'm shocked that my wife let us name a dog Rooney and a guinea pig Franco...I never even considered a Steeler-related name for one of our children...that's true devotion right there).

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

http://temple3.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/mike-tomlin.jpg

"After changing the 'i' to a 'y' in my name, I might have to make you change your banner to read 'SteelerNatyon'" -Mike Tomlyn
That is hilarious. Funny thing is, I said to my wife, half joking, "Let's name one the kids Tomlin," thinking she was going to punch me...she ended up liking the name and we went with it. A little crazy, but the man just won a Super Bowl! :tt1

SteelerNation1
04-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Congrats SN1!!

Can't wait to see pics Chadman. PM me anytime.

SteelerNation1
04-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes fellas.

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM

Congrats SN1!!

Can't wait to see pics Chadman. PM me anytime.

The time difference should work out well for you. If Chadman sends you a PM at regular dinnertime in Australia, it should arrive in your mailbox around 3:00 a.m. Since you have newborn twins, you will inevitably be awake at 3:00 a.m. to feed the babies, so you can respond immediately. :Binky

Lebsteel
04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Congratulations, SN1 and SN2!! My daughter is 20 and it was great to have her watch the Super Bowl with my wife and I and all our Steeler gear on!! She wasn't always a sports fan, but she has come around to at least appreciate the Steelers!

Steeler Mafia
04-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Congrats!

I myself just had my 3rd about a month ago. All boys. I guess I can call them Jr. Mafia 1, 2, and 3. All I can tell you is lock up your daughters. My little wild bunch is going to break some hearts.

As for the sleep, I feel for you, brother!

Let the nation grow and grow! Go Steelers!

Jigawatts
04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Congrats to SN1 and Mrs. SN1. :Cheers :tt1 :tt2

SN2, SN3 and SN4 are going to tear up that Steelers Team Shop. :lol:

AngryAsian
04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is truly amazing news. Second, I'm losing count. Your Mrs. is shelling them out one right after the other. What is the tally now? I remember your first being born and the pics you posted on the Trib. Gheez, how time flies. Many happy vibes sent your way from the Asian household. Take good care of that growing family and..... give that poor woman a rest.

:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is truly amazing news. Second, I'm losing count. Your Mrs. is shelling them out one right after the other. What is the tally now? I remember your first being born and the pics you posted on the Trib. Gheez, how time flies. Many happy vibes sent your way from the Asian household. Take good care of that growing family and..... give that poor woman a rest.

Ummm...let's see. His name is SN1. The son is SN2. The twin girls are SN3 and SN4. They are all pre-numbered for you in the title of the thread, and you still lost count??? Whoever told me that Asians were good at math is obviously a big fat liar. :lol:

pittpete
04-02-2009, 07:08 PM
congrats

Jigawatts
04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I just realized they were born on April fools.

It will be fun to have that association with all of their birthdays.

Oh, can you give a message to the little ones? It goes something like this...

:brownssuck :ratsuck :bungalssuck

anger 82&95
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Congratulations! I still can’t believe that my “baby girl” is now three years old.

SteelerNation1
04-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Ummm...let's see. His name is SN1. The son is SN2. The twin girls are SN3 and SN4. They are all pre-numbered for you in the title of the thread, and you still lost count??? Whoever told me that Asians were good at math is obviously a big fat liar. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am damn near on my floor laughing.
And as far as giving her a "rest," with twins she was considered high-risk and the sweet high-risk dr. put us on restrictions in Sept!!!!!!!!! Catch my drift?? :wink:

SteelerNation1
04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
I just realized they were born on April fools.

It will be fun to have that association with all of their birthdays.

Oh, can you give a message to the little ones? It goes something like this...

:brownssuck :ratsuck :bungalssuck
People I teach with sent me a text message today and said great april fool's joke, now what are their names really? They don't believe I would name my girl after the coach. :lol:

eniparadoxgma
04-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Congrats, man! I've only got the one daughter (turned 4 recently) but I've already got her yelling "Goooooooo Steeeeeeeeeeelers!!!!!" when the game is on. She will be a full fledged fanatic soon enough.

And to reiterate some previous advice: Collect shotguns.

This might be a good time to resurrect the ol' "Steeler fathers with daughters" thread where we were discussing creating a group nationwide of us Steeler dads with daughters. The pact is that whenever one of us have any problems with a guy as far as our daughters go, we can notify the group, who will dispatch whichever of us is closest and available to fly there and deal with the perpetrator. That way there is no easily found connection between the person that metes out the justice and the father in question. It's reciprocal so everyone has back-up, an alibi, etc...

...should this be on a private forum?

ANYHOW, CONGRATULATIONS MANE!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

fordfixer
04-03-2009, 12:26 AM
For you SN1 (And all of you other dad's of Daughter's) you will need this in a few years

Note: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage and medical report from your doctor.

Name:________________________ Nickname/Alias:___________________
Date Of Birth:____/____/____ height:______ Weight:______ I.Q.:______
G.P.A.:________ Soc. Sec.#______-___-_______
Driver's License#____________________
Boy Scout Rank:_____________Good Standing: Yes_____No_____
Home Address:_______________________________
City/State/Zip_____________________________
Home Phone#: (___)___________ Car Phone#:_______________ Pager#:__________
Do you own
a. Van?____
b. Truck with oversized tires?____
c. Car with a trunk full of speakers?_____

Do you have any of the following:
a. An earring_____
b. nose ring______
c. belly button ring_____
or piercings on any other body parts_____
Explain:__________________________________________ ___________
Tattoo?______

(If you answered YES to any of the above questions, discontinue and leave the premises immediately.)

In 30 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you? __________________________________________________ ______________

In 30 words or less, what does "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" mean to you? __________________________________________________ ______________

Church you attend_____________________ How often______________________
Best time to interview your pastor?_______________________

Fill In The Blank. Please answer freely, all answers will be confidential.
a. If I were beaten, the last bone I want to be broken broken is: __________________________________________________ __
b. The one thing I hope this application does not ask me is __________________________________________________ __
c. Now answer the question you filled in on B __________________________________________________ __

NOTE: If you have answered any of the previous questions dishonestly (and I will find out), discontinue application. It is advised that you leave the premises quickly keeping your head low and running in serpentine fashion.

I swear that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge under penalty of death, dismemberment, electrocution, and/or hot pokers.

Thank you for your interest. Please allow 4 - 6 YEARS for processing. If your application is approved, you will be contacted in writing. Please do not call or write, this could cause you unexpected injury.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified by two men wearing white ties and answering to the names GUIDO and LOUIE.

And you will also need the "Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter". Enjoy

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to assure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric staple gun and fasten your trousers securely in place around your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I WILL kill you.

Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make YOU cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process which can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places lacking parents, policemen, or nuns. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her chin. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay.

SteelCrazy
04-03-2009, 03:21 AM
Congratulations!! Great to hear everyone is doing well........

:Binky :Binky

Steelgal
04-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Congrats on the birth of your baby girls!!!

SteelerNation1
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
For you SN1 (And all of you other dad's of Daughter's) you will need this in a few years

Note: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement, job history, lineage and medical report from your doctor.

Name:________________________ Nickname/Alias:___________________
Date Of Birth:____/____/____ height:______ Weight:______ I.Q.:______
G.P.A.:________ Soc. Sec.#______-___-_______
Driver's License#____________________
Boy Scout Rank:_____________Good Standing: Yes_____No_____
Home Address:_______________________________
City/State/Zip_____________________________
Home Phone#: (___)___________ Car Phone#:_______________ Pager#:__________
Do you own
a. Van?____
b. Truck with oversized tires?____
c. Car with a trunk full of speakers?_____

Do you have any of the following:
a. An earring_____
b. nose ring______
c. belly button ring_____
or piercings on any other body parts_____
Explain:__________________________________________ ___________
Tattoo?______

(If you answered YES to any of the above questions, discontinue and leave the premises immediately.)

In 30 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you? __________________________________________________ ______________

In 30 words or less, what does "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" mean to you? __________________________________________________ ______________

Church you attend_____________________ How often______________________
Best time to interview your pastor?_______________________

Fill In The Blank. Please answer freely, all answers will be confidential.
a. If I were beaten, the last bone I want to be broken broken is: __________________________________________________ __
b. The one thing I hope this application does not ask me is __________________________________________________ __
c. Now answer the question you filled in on B __________________________________________________ __

NOTE: If you have answered any of the previous questions dishonestly (and I will find out), discontinue application. It is advised that you leave the premises quickly keeping your head low and running in serpentine fashion.

I swear that all information provided above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge under penalty of death, dismemberment, electrocution, and/or hot pokers.

Thank you for your interest. Please allow 4 - 6 YEARS for processing. If your application is approved, you will be contacted in writing. Please do not call or write, this could cause you unexpected injury.

If your application is rejected, you will be notified by two men wearing white ties and answering to the names GUIDO and LOUIE.

And you will also need the "Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter". Enjoy

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to assure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric staple gun and fasten your trousers securely in place around your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I WILL kill you.

Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make YOU cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process which can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places lacking parents, policemen, or nuns. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her chin. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay.
That is great. It will be stapled on every piece of clothing the girls ever wear. Thanks!

MeetJoeGreene
04-03-2009, 07:55 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am damn near on my floor laughing.
And as far as giving her a "rest," with twins she was considered high-risk and the sweet high-risk dr. put us on restrictions in Sept!!!!!!!!! Catch my drift?? :wink:

That's why you seemed so tense and worked up when I saw you at the Charger game..... :D

AngryAsian
04-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Congrats, man! I've only got the one daughter (turned 4 recently) but I've already got her yelling "Goooooooo Steeeeeeeeeeelers!!!!!" when the game is on. She will be a full fledged fanatic soon enough.

And to reiterate some previous advice: Collect shotguns.

This might be a good time to resurrect the ol' "Steeler fathers with daughters" thread where we were discussing creating a group nationwide of us Steeler dads with daughters. The pact is that whenever one of us have any problems with a guy as far as our daughters go, we can notify the group, who will dispatch whichever of us is closest and available to fly there and deal with the perpetrator. That way there is no easily found connection between the person that metes out the justice and the father in question. It's reciprocal so everyone has back-up, an alibi, etc...

...should this be on a private forum?

ANYHOW, CONGRATULATIONS MANE!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

"I'm ASIAN and I approve this message."

and Ruthless.... your racial Asian math comments will not go unpunished. :x

RuthlessBurgher
04-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Ruthless.... your racial Asian math comments will not go unpunished. :x

Yeah...you will try to dispatch 18 ninjas to dispose of me, but because of your poor math skills, only 3 ninjas will show up. :wink:

rpmpit
04-04-2009, 06:28 AM
SN1, my wife asked me why your wife isn't SN2...making your kids SN3 thru SN5. The fact she let you name your daughter after Tomlin makes me think she's as big of a Steeler fanatic as the rest of us.

rpmpit
04-04-2009, 06:34 AM

Yeah...you will try to dispatch 18 ninjas to dispose of me, but because of your poor math skills, only 3 ninjas will show up. :wink:

RB, don't let the 3 Ninjas fool you. ASIAN was upset that he had to sleep on the inflatable mattress in September so he dispatched 3 Ninjas from Florida to dispose of me. But those nutty Ninjas reproduce so fast, by the time they got up to Jersey there was 18 of them. Scary. :shock:

SteelerNation1
04-04-2009, 10:25 PM
SN1, my wife asked me why your wife isn't SN2...making your kids SN3 thru SN5. The fact she let you name your daughter after Tomlin makes me think she's as big of a Steeler fanatic as the rest of us.
My wife is Mrs. SN1...stupid feminist movement. :wink:

fordfixer
04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :tt1

rpmpit
04-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Ahhhh, I see. I'll tell Mrs. Armpit. She'll like that!

So how are the new SteelerNations doing? And how are you holding up?

buckeyehoppy
04-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Congrats SN1 on the arrival of your twin girls. Hope you, Mrs. SN1 and SN2 are all enjoying the new additions to the ever-popular and growing Steeler Nation.

stlrz d
04-05-2009, 09:37 PM
4 pages and you guys are all behaving...fine, I'll go there. :P

[youtube:1l20l5ac]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YABRmdyuMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7YABRmdyuMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:1l20l5ac]

AngryAsian
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM

RB, don't let the 3 Ninjas fool you. ASIAN was upset that he had to sleep on the inflatable mattress in September so he dispatched 3 Ninjas from Florida to dispose of me. But those nutty Ninjas reproduce so fast, by the time they got up to Jersey there was 18 of them. Scary. :shock:

It will only take 3 ninjas to deal with RB. Two to hold him down, and one to perform the proctological exam with a Sakamatsu Samurai Sword. A colon cleansing that you westerners have never seen. :shock:

rpmpit
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM

It will only take 3 ninjas to deal with RB. Two to hold him down, and one to perform the proctological exam with a Sakamatsu Samurai Sword. A colon cleansing that you westerners have never seen. :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll take the inflatable mattress this year :|

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2009, 10:29 AM

Million to one shot, doc. Million to one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Kramer%27s_ASSMAN_plates.jpg

proudpittsburgher
04-07-2009, 10:19 AM
congrats.

SteelerNation1
04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Here are the twins and their Terrible Towels...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/SteelerNAtion1/P4060004.jpg

Sullivan Dawn...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/SteelerNAtion1/P4060005-1.jpg

Tomlyn Kate...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/SteelerNAtion1/P4060006.jpg

stlrz d
04-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Breathtaking. :D :D :D

ramblinjim
04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

rpmpit
04-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Adorable!!! Once again, congratulations!!!

Jigawatts
04-07-2009, 06:13 PM

:nono :nono :nono stlrz d is just mad because he has shrinkage. :P

Cute kids SN1. Looks like they're already making The Nation proud. :tt2

SteelerNation1
04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
stlrzd,
How do you want your eggs cooked???
8)

Mick'sTeam
04-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Congratulations SN1, I'm really happy for you and your family. I remember when you posted pics on the old board when SN2 was born.

As a twin, I can tell you that the bond between twins is very special. Congratulations again! Have fun.

Cheers,
Mick

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM

:nono :nono :nono stlrz d is just mad because he has shrinkage. :P

Cute kids SN1. Looks like they're already making The Nation proud. :tt2

Of course there is significant shrinkage! Don't you know how cold the water is for one of stlrz_d's polar bear swims?

Lake Michigan doesn't freeze over brother. Lots of wind to make sure of that. :)

Did it for 9 years straight until I moved to Green Bay. They don't do it here and I'm not driving 60 miles one way just to jump in a lake on New Year's Day so that put an end to that.

My first year we even did it twice. Once in Sheboygan and later in February we got a trip to Bemidji, MN to jump in Lake Bemidji as part of their annual winter festival. They wanted a club who knew how to do it right to come up and show them how to do it so it could become part of their winter fest every year. They called us and paid our way. Lake Bemidji is an inland lake though so it does freeze all the way over. They used chainsaws to cut a swimming pool sized hole in the lake in about 3 feet of water.

Anway, here's a vid from a Sheboygan jump. This is from after I had moved away. The guy in the blue, sleeveless flannel shirt is Larry. He's the flag bearer and leads the club from the Armory to the lake shore every year. All the years I've gone there were never fewer than 200 people "dipping". And yes, I go all the way under.

[youtube:3lemjooy]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndbcj92Z44M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ndbcj92Z44M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:3lemjooy]

I have pictures of myself, but none are digital and I don't have a scanner otherwise I'd be happy to share.

As for the hypothermia issue...I've never seen it happen in my 9 years dipping. And we're out there for a long time too. It's about a 500 yard walk from the Armory to the point of entry. It's takes a good 20 minutes to get everyone down there. Then for another 10 minutes or so there is much yelling, jumping around, etc. to get the adrenaline flowing. Once they drop the rope and sound the horn everyone runs to the water. If you're at the back of the pack it could take another 5 minutes or so to get to the water. Everyone does that part different then. For me, I would run in to waist deep and dunk myself. Then walk around for awhile in the water, yelling and screaming while looking for people I know. Then I'd come out, run into someone I knew and go back in. Usually 3 or 4 times until I'd had enough.

All told I would be outside for an hour at the very least. Time in the water anywhere from 5-10 minutes total. Then a dash to my "running" vehicle and home for a hot shower.

It's not cold enough!!!!! :P

By the way, I hate Bemidji State after they knocked my Cornell men's hockey team out of their shot at the Frozen Four a week ago. :evil:

stlrz d
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
stlrzd,
How do you want your eggs cooked???
8)

I like shellfish! :lol:

SteelerNation1
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Congratulations SN1, I'm really happy for you and your family. I remember when you posted pics on the old board when SN2 was born.

As a twin, I can tell you that the bond between twins is very special. Congratulations again! Have fun.

Cheers,
Mick

Thanks Mick.

Oviedo
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations. As the father of 3 daughters (ages 21, 16 and 14) I can tell you that as time goes on you will come to appreciate the medievel notion of sending women to convents :wink:

Daughters are great (plus greatly frustrating/agonizing/confusing/irrational). Get them involved in sports because it keeps them from becoming ditzes.

pfelix73
04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Congratulations to you and your family! LOL- my birthday is 4-1 as well. It's a fun day to have a b-day!.

:Clap

:tt1

papillon
04-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Here are the twins and their Terrible Towels...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/SteelerNAtion1/P4060004.jpg

Sullivan Dawn...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/SteelerNAtion1/P4060005-1.jpg

Tomlyn Kate...
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/SteelerNAtion1/P4060006.jpg

They can't be your kids, they're beautiful!! :stirpot :Bow :tt2

And, here's a little throwback to the Trib...

The very best to SN1 and his family

Pappy