PDA

View Full Version : D. Stallworth charged...

anger 82&95
04-01-2009, 04:06 PM
DUI manslaughter

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/01/stallworth.ap/index.html)

Jooser
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Ouch. That drinking and driving thing is no freaking joke people. In my state, you can just have one drink on your breath and be involved in an accident, and you're screwed. I think they refer to it as 'officer's discretion'. It sucks for him, but it sucks even more for the poor fella he pancaked. I wonder how much he had to drink?

mshifko
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
legal limit was .08, his BAC was .10...only .02 over, but that's all it takes...ashame

bostonsteeler
04-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I feel sorry for Reyes, but seriously, its 7 am. The fellow is on the 6th (fast) lane of a 6-lane road, way out, away from a crosswalk, and he's trying to outrun cars. He may even have ignored a honk or two while doing this!

Quite a few of us would've pancaked him stone cold sober.

Sucks for everyone..

Discipline of Steel
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I think each beer or shot or glass of wine = .04 for a 160 lb person.

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I feel sorry for Reyes, but seriously, its 7 am. The fellow is on the 6th (fast) lane of a 6-lane road, way out, away from a crosswalk, and he's trying to outrun cars. He may even have ignored a honk or two while doing this!

Sucks for everyone..

Didn't he say he flashed his high beams at the guy to warn him to get out of the way? Who flashes high beams when you can beep and swerve to avoid him?

Discipline of Steel
04-01-2009, 08:30 PM
or even perhaps slow down, regardless of how dumb or out of place the ped is. Im thinking he didnt even notice him until too late.

fezziwig
04-01-2009, 08:36 PM
tough on everyone and especially the victim and his family.

True Fan
04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
i hope stallworth gets viotated daily for a very long time

fordfixer
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Sucks for everyone..

Didn't he say he flashed his high beams at the guy to warn him to get out of the way? Who flashes high beams when you can beep and swerve to avoid him?

Some one who is drunk at 7a.m.

MeetJoeGreene
04-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Ugh.

What a tragedy for the loss of life and a shame for the wasted career.

steelafornia
04-02-2009, 03:01 AM
this is a shame, Donte is from my area out here in Sacramento, CA from Grant High School. Him and Ontario Smith (wizzanator) both were unstoppable in high school and had bright futures, but stupid mistakes in life ruined there careers, still trying to figure out what happend to Smith, guess he just gave up on football. Don't drink and drive it's simple as that

feltdizz
04-02-2009, 11:07 AM
while the whole thing is a tragedy but you have to wonder, if sober.....would this accident still occur? dude was running across a highway... but DUI pretty much rules it out.

one other thing....I posted this story when it first broke 2 weeks ago....

any reason why it was moved mods?

Acero
04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Stallworth's career is over?

Didn't Leonard Little continue playing after his conviction?

Manslaughter Conviction

After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri. Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.

Second arrest

Six years later, in 2004, Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding.[5] The probable cause statement filed by police said Little had bloodshot and watery eyes, smelled of alcohol and failed three sobriety tests. [6] Because of Little's 1999 guilty plea to involuntary manslaughter in his drunken-driving crash case, prosecutors charged him as a persistent offender. This made it a felony case.[6] Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted only of the misdemeanor speeding charge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Little

Nice. Killed a guy, got off on 3 months, got caught drunk again, beat the dui rap. Misdemeanor.

ikestops85
04-02-2009, 12:48 PM
legal limit was .08, his BAC was .10...only .02 over, but that's all it takes...ashame

It is a shame that something like this happens but these players are going to have to learn not to party and then drive. Hire a damn limo if you have to go out. It's not like they don't make enough money. Also, his BAC was .126 which is well over the legal limit in Florida.

fezziwig
04-02-2009, 02:56 PM
The trouble with drinking is, after a few drinks everything feels fine and everything seems right.

I seldom drink but when I do and I feel as if I am not 110% behind the wheel I just tell my wife to drive. I can drink two beers and still feel in control. Once I start drinking three or four I know I won't get behind the wheel.
This is coming from a person that might drink ten cans a beer in a years time.

It is just not worth all the tradgedy that can come of it.

Another thing, is it just the Bengals, Browns and Ravens that seem to gather these type of hard luck players ?

bostonsteeler
04-03-2009, 12:02 AM
The trouble with drinking is, after a few drinks everything feels fine and everything seems right.

I seldom drink but when I do and I feel as if I am not 110% behind the wheel I just tell my wife to drive. I can drink two beers and still feel in control.

That's the danger point.
There's a boundary where we feel in control, but we've slowed down a bit. Two beers is typical for most people. That's when most bad things happen.
Most people know not to drive when they are not in control.